Community CSS Events

Fatty

You are talking GC only events correct? Recrud is the next OSS destination

is it not? I'm up for this.

Ice mentioned during the last OSS that it was going to rotate through all of the servers, starting with Scopeless.

Just wanted to mention that regarding OSS, John and I have talked about possibly doing some things with it. but that's outside of this discussion, LA's can see the Lead Admin forums for this under the OSS Planning section. And Clue we'd be happy to have you back working on this :)

Ok, back to the point at hand, which is new events to start up :)

I had a similar idea to Discom's idea. If you guys don't mind, I'd like to share it with you and have it possibily be taken into consideration:

One (or two depending on player ratio) is made into the "Hunter". The Hunter has double speed than the normal player, has ultra high health, and is restricted to a knife, and flashbangs. The Hunter player should be a CT on de maps, and the T on cs maps.

The other team (everyone else) is called the "Task Force Operators". They are the ones that carry out the map's main objective. The TFO's are limited to only 5 HP, the possibility of only having pistols or a scopeless useage of weapons minus the Para, and get to use all nades.

The TFOs have to rely on each other more than ever because a single knife slash means instant death. On the other hand, the Hunter must use strategy in order to wipe out the opposition. Of course, FF would have to be off because a single misthrown nade could kill the entire team.

The way to decide who gets to be the Hunter is either whoever is last standing on the TFO team or someone who wants to volunteer.

Too bad it's not an actual mod...

Jackie that's pretty close to The Hidden. One player is the hidden and gets only a knife and 3 handmade grenades. The rest of the players have to hunt and kill the hidden, but they can only barely see him if he's moving or by shining a laser pointer directly on him.

Jackie that's pretty close to The Hidden. One player is the hidden and gets only a knife and 3 handmade grenades. The rest of the players have to hunt and kill the hidden, but they can only barely see him if he's moving or by shining a laser pointer directly on him.

Thats a mod for CSS? I thought it was just a third party mod...

Nah mod for HL2, but we could get a server up and do that for fun if anyone wanted too.

GC Alumni
(edited)

Nah mod for HL2, but we could get a server up and do that for fun if anyone wanted too.

I didn't really care for the HL2 mod for that one... I tried it once... got confused, died too many times, and got even more confused.

Unless they made some major updates for the mod, which I wouldn't mind checking out again..

Edited by JackieChan

I didn't really care for the HL2 mod for that one... I tried it once... got confused, died too many times, and got even more confused.

Unless they made some major updates for the mod, which I wouldn't mind checking out again..

They have, I tried it when it first went into alpha. Now it's at beta 4 and it is a lot better.

• 3 months later...

it would be good to see some of these come to life. unfortunately lead admins are (currently) the only ones with access to set these up.

if anyone (member or admin) seriously has time AND interest to regularly run an event, PM me.