Lunk condoning FF?

toolbear74

To quote what I just heard Lunk say on mic while playing Dust:

"If you stand in my way in the hallway, I'm shooting you. I'm tired of dying because of teammates standing in my way."

Now, I'm sure there's more to it than just what it seems...I had only just joined the game. But I don't think any explanation would justify how this comment seems to someone playing on our servers. Had I made a similar comment, and I probably have before, I would expect to be called to task by my fellow GCers and/or the resident admin.

ewww, this was posted in public? good move, shep, thank you. Many good points are lost w/o tact.

I would imagine you didn't see Lunk shooting people? I also don't see his comment condoning anything....that's basically his way of telling people to wake up. You didn't expect Lunk to write notes on colorful stationary with a spritz of perfume did you?

(edited)

Lunk, I wasn't trying to burn you at the stake. Also, I didn't know there was a way to make a post private to GC members only. That said, Lunk's statement was made in public so I didn't think it was inappropriate to challenge it in public. To the contrary, whether I was right or wrong about Lunk's behavior, the public explanation would be good. And I thought I was doing the right thing by bringing it to the forums instead of doing it in game, especially without admin chat working right now.

I knew I didn't have the whole story, and tried to make it clear that there may have been other circumstances, hence my comment about there being more to the story and having only just joined the server.

Just as Lunk stands by his comments, I stand by my comment that it sounded pretty much like "get in my way and I'll shoot you." And I know that's not behavior we condone.

Once we have mani back, could we have colorful stationary and perfume attached to admin messages? ;)

Edited by toolbear74

If a GC has an issue with a GC, there's never a reason to challenge someone in public unless you're motives are to either:

a) make yourself look good in the public eye

or

B) make someone else look bad in the public eye

I don't think you were attempting to do either in this situation. Many times members bring up issues without naming someone. However, and with no issue at all because Lunk is a big boy and can handle it, actually naming someone in an accusation gives even more reason to handle it privately.

I would say from what you typed and what has been said and what I read into this------ is that he (lunk) was condoning teamwork and making sure that we are not single commando units taking out the whole other team regardless of other players and how they play!

one good example is the person who keeps stopping in front of you on a rush or blocking doors after 3 or 4 times ------ rush camp or get out of the way aaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh

I try bite my lip and just chauk it up to the joys of a puplic server some people really are newbies :)

not having teamwork on a map on a side that desperately needs teamwork yes I can see the frustration and he didn't kill or shoot teammates on purpose right? if he actually shot someone on purpose then this whole post might be needed but we all play the game and know how it is.....

<edit> with the mani plug-in not working the frustration level is a little higher right now for everyone

Edited by w8t4time

I certainly understand Toolbear's reasoning, and I'm sure everyone else does too. However, I absolutley see Lunks point of view and if I'm not misstaken have heard Fatty say something along the same lines. I too get frustrated when rushing or setting up in a door way and someone just stops and blocks you because they don' want to be the first one killed. I recall the large one saying a time or two when playing with him, " If i have to, I'll shoot though you to stay allive" :biglaugha::biglaugha: You just gotta love that one. :biglaugha:

I think we all are in support of fair play and good fun on our servers. Stand fast Toolbear, its all good.

BTW---this fence I'm riding is starting to itch.... :biglaugha:

Lunk shoots me all the time.... :o

Yeah, but you need it clue..... :hug:

Here's the skinny on what happened. Imagine if you will a map, setting is somewhere in the sandy desert. Think we'll call this map de_dust. You know those pesky CT's have had the upper hand for quite some time. And I'm trying to rally the troops. But, it's hard when you've been saddled with several new recruits. Who aren't sure which end of the gun goes in what direction. On top of that, I think they keep yellin' Yeehaw, Yeehaw. I guess it's some sorta new texas jihad saying. <must have missed that memo>.

I encourage the troops to get into the main tunnel and choke off any resistance. Direct a couple to watch right doorway and a couple to watch towards the left. And that I would be awp'in down the left side towards bombsite A. Not quite sure where things went awry, thought I heard someone yell Conga. But then I thought I must be hearing things<makes note to get com set checked after mission>, surely noone is gonna do the conga in the heat of battle. <Man, was I ever wrong> Next thing I know they are prancing down the hall towards bombsite A in a Conga line. I can't even get a shot off for fear of sending my newly found brethren to see allah before his/her time. Last thing I remember about that mission is "Boom Headshot". And someone screaming "Lunk down, Lunk down". Goes blank after that.

Now imagine this scenario playing out several rounds in a row. Discouragement and Frustration were running high. At this point I made above said statement, that I've been brought to task over. <Which was the right thing to do by a fellow gc'er> I do not deny these accusations. I stand here today to let you know my side of the story. And to ask you not to judge to harshly the actions of a man in the heat of battle with new green recruits. It was meant as motivation. Nothing else. :peace:

Knowing the way lunk is (as well as I can) I am positive that this was meant to motivate. However, if someone new to the servers hears this they may think that actually mowing down your teamates if they are blocking you is accepted here. That would be my only problem. Oh and I also dislike it when people seem to think that they have the right to be wherever they want and shoot wherever they want, everyone else get outta their way. N all that.

+1 fuel to fire