Minnesotian travel topic

JackieChan

GC Alumni

Okay, I know quite a few people from Minnesota are going to FF next year.

Who from Minnesota is a "for sure"?

We can work out other means of transportation later. Just got to figure out who is going from the graceful state of MN.

~*Offical List*~

JackieChan

Farmer

Discom?

Mag (pickup otw?)

Edited by JackieChan

I am a "not sure" position right now.

If I can get a better paying job then I will go. But right now I am making 6.75 p/h right now. I cant even keep enough money in my bank to pay my bills.

I'm trying to get a UPS job or a Home Depot. If I get one of those then my probability of going jumps to 80%

• 1 month later...

I have bought my seat already. I tentatively plan on driving down there either thursday or friday morning depending on how many days I get off from work.

Well, hey hey, if not many people from Minnesota decide to go, hook me up with a ride!

Yeah depending on how many folks make the trip, or if anyone with a car bigger than mine (honda accord) drives, I would have room.

*I am planning on renting a rig from escape if they do that again so there would be plenty of room for a little baggage.

Edited by farmerisme

• 4 weeks later...

Dunno... sounds like SJ is a pretty much for sure flyboy. I plan on going by car... I have a honda accord that is not all that big or nice. I can drive 3 if we want... or if anyone else has a better idea we could do that. I am not even sure yet how many days I can get off work, so I dunno exactly which day I would be able to leave. I am thinking leave Thursday morning and spend 3 nights there... or leave thursday evening, drive at night, check into the hotel friday afternoon and nap before gaming. Dunno.

I would say lets wait and see if there are more folks around that are going by vehicle and decide as time progresses. That being said, worst case I can drive down and take whoever with me.

I'm working 30+ hours per week keeping a small amount in the bank. I will do an experiment.

I will save money for one month. If I calculate that I will be able to save enough money (300+ dollars) (with a margin of error) I will purchase a seat.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm working 30+ hours per week keeping a small amount in the bank. I will do an experiment.

I will save money for one month. If I calculate that I will be able to save enough money (300+ dollars) (with a margin of error) I will purchase a seat.

Well, you've got to factor in some things

-Seat reservation (which is now 60 bucks)

-Transportation - to and from (if you ride with me and farmer, the transportation $$ will go towards gas)

-Room (per night I think...)

-Any other fun things

not sure if 300 is gonna cut it... just be really stingy with your money. quit buying drugs.

• 2 months later...
Dunno... sounds like SJ is a pretty much for sure flyboy. I plan on going by car... I have a honda accord that is not all that big or nice. I can drive 3 if we want... or if anyone else has a better idea we could do that. I am not even sure yet how many days I can get off work, so I dunno exactly which day I would be able to leave. I am thinking leave Thursday morning and spend 3 nights there... or leave thursday evening, drive at night, check into the hotel friday afternoon and nap before gaming. Dunno.

I would say lets wait and see if there are more folks around that are going by vehicle and decide as time progresses. That being said, worst case I can drive down and take whoever with me.

shotgun?

i might not be able to go because of summer classes, but i might also be able to cut 1 day (friday) and leave thursday night. if i can make that work, i'd be interested in trying to work something out on the driving route. flying would be nice, but driving might be more practical. let me know if you're still planning on driving, farmer...

GC Alumni

Farmer wants me to go, so I'd have to ride with him (having to help pay for gas <_ if more than people are going we probably have to get a bigger car because it sounds like farmer isn big enough for computers what everyone is bring along and the people.>

It'd be cool to have 3 people go with because I'm not very "talkative" during long journeys... I usually sleep.