So Who Has a PS3?

Fatty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow maverick... can't believe you're still ranting about the ps3.

I guess you could always go get a xbox360 and hope you don't get the red light of death... oh yah... gl with all their patches working too...

Well my target had only 8 ps3's. And when I got to work there were only 9 people in line. The ninth person showed up 5 min before we opened and made a huuuuge fuss when he couldn't have one ROFL. Another guy showed up and tried to scam targets free gift card system.

8 people asked me after 12pm if we have any more ps3's

12 people asked if I could go in the back room to go get one

and 37 people called in after 12pm asking if we have any more.

ROOOOOOFL!

I guess you could always go get a xbox360 and hope you don't get the red light of death... oh yah... gl with all their patches working too...

Haha...you pwnt yourself! PS3 is already in need of a patch because of HDMI problems! Oh and people get the red light of death because they put their console on the carpet/in poorly ventilated entertainment systems/smoke around it/leave it by an open window etc...

If you say so. I've never said that the PS3 won't have problems. I was just pointing out that the system you guys seem to love has its own share of issues.

At least I have an open mind about the systems coming out.

Edited by Raw-C

Haha...you pwnt yourself! PS3 is already in need of a patch because of HDMI problems! Oh and people get the red light of death because they put their console on the carpet/in poorly ventilated entertainment systems/smoke around it/leave it by an open window etc...

If you say so. I've never said that the PS3 won't have problems. I was just pointing out that the system you guys seem to love has its own share of issues.

Open mind, perhaps, but that seemed a bit heavy-handed a bash against the XBox. Just how many of them did have problems, and how many of them were not installation-related? How many of them have been recently?

This is a dupe, and it's not exactly something I'd like to go and test with a bunch of XBoxes on my dollar, but they apparently survive being ejected from cars and run over:

http://consoles.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/10737/

so I might have been wrong on some of those prices. Found out my friend got a PS3 and sold it the next day on eBay for $7,500 dollars and received the payment 10 minutes later through PayPal...the money is already in his bank account.

that's messed up.

I never supported the 360 Raw-C, I think both companies are greedy and artificially built the hype by only releasing a certain amount of systems. To me it's Wii > 360 > PS3

Open mind, perhaps, but that seemed a bit heavy-handed a bash against the XBox. Just how many of them did have problems, and how many of them were not installation-related? How many of them have been recently?

This is a dupe, and it's not exactly something I'd like to go and test with a bunch of XBoxes on my dollar, but they apparently survive being ejected from cars and run over:

Yah, it was a slam on the xbox. I don't know how many problems they've had and hell, I own a 360. I just figured that since people consistently bash on the ps3 based on stuff they heard and without knowing everything that it'd be fair game to use it on the 360.

Its not usually my style to use that tactic and I don't really enjoy it nor am I very good at it. I was simply getting tired of hearing the same type of somewhat true bashes against the ps3 by some people on here so I figured I'd throw it back at them. And my open mind comment was aimed at Anonymo/Maverick since those are the main two sony haters/xbox fanbois from what I've seen them post so far.

Also, I have yet to actually defend the PS3 from anything that has been factual. My arguments have all been purely in favor of giving them a chance to see what they do with it. I've been saying the whole time that it all comes down to the games that come out for the various systems. Any one of the 3 could win, depending on the 1st/3rd party support.

Edited by Raw-C

Yah, it was a slam on the xbox. I don't know how many problems they've had and hell, I own a 360. I just figured that since people consistently bash on the ps3 based on stuff they heard and without knowing everything that it'd be fair game to use it on the 360.

Its not usually my style to use that tactic and I don't really enjoy it nor am I very good at it. I was simply getting tired of hearing the same type of somewhat true bashes against the ps3 by some people on here so I figured I'd throw it back at them.

That's fair -- I can certainly understand where you're coming from. No sense in getting yourself dirty, tho :)

And my open mind comment was aimed at Anonymo/Maverick since those are the main two sony haters/xbox fanbois from what I've seen them post so far.

Haha, yeah, that certainly seems to be true. Y'all certainly could be a bit more open-minded: If nothing else, if someone is willing to pay $7,500 for a PS3 like Playaa said, it certainly has a rabid enough following with more money than sense (which isn't saying much), and that's a combination dangerous enough to keep it going even if the hardware turns out to be a complete failure. It's a nice middle ground, too -- You don't have to admit to any potential for the platform to be in any way decent, but you can still recognize it's not quality but dollars that count in Capitalism ;)

I for one figured everything over about $4,000 was counter-scammers bidding it up.

Hey...I'm completely unbiased (flame shield on)...I used to be a PS fanboy and hated everything MS did when they first released the Xbox. I have since seen the light and realized that Sony takes every opportunity to put the screws to their consumers. They can name their CPU anything they want, the tested specs don't lie. Developers have always hated Sony's dev kits, can't argue that. Sony has the worst track record with new technology. Sony invented Beta max ('nuff said?).

If that's not enough...think of all the pushing Sony has done behind 1080p. But where's the content? It doesn't exist. They are being so blatantly obvious in their misleading of consumers it is not even funny. If you buy a PS3 right now you are sending a clear message - to me at least.

On that note, everyone should own a Wii.

my xbox 360 showed me the red light once 'cause the connector was lose. Every patch has worked, and I've never had it crash completely on me

That being said, I know the 360 has some glitches as well, just not near as many as the ps2 had by this stage in its live

As I've said before, I'm basing my information from some inside sources that got to preview the system and Sony's track record. Working in a game store, you see which company is screwing the customer the worst, and Sony has always taken the cake on that one...at least since the launch of the ps2. Who knows, maybe they'll turn things around with the ps3, and I hope they do. I'd hate to see a company that once made great electronics kill itself slowly.

I still own a Sony CRT TV, a Sony Stereo, and a Sony shelf system, and I love them all. They work well, and are of great quality. I just grew disgusted with Sony seeing what they did to their customers through my job at Gamestop. At least when MS screws up the reimburse the customer, and Nintendo...well, they just don't screw up...and when they do they fix it as well. Sony puts it on the customer for product defects. I've seen it first hand time and time again.

So I truly hope they turn it around with the PS3, I just don't have high hopes. That's all.

And that's my rant for the day! :-)

Edited by [LaW]Maverick

The 360 patch issue I was referencing was the reports that a small percentage of people who d/l'd the 1080p patch had their systems stop working and they had to send them in to MS and pay the shipping/fix fee which came out to about $160.

Personally, I've had no problems with my 360 yet either. But, I don't really play it so its practically new still.

Although BetaMax was beaten out by VHS, its still used by most, if not all, high quality video recording.

As for BlueRay, with 11 out of 13 (or something like that) major film companies backing it (mostly cuz sony owns half of them) I think it'll do ok.

As far as comparing ps2 to 360 for hardware failure issues, I would certainly hope this generations hardware performs better than the last. Hopefully PS3 continues the trend of better hardware for the newer generations.

Alas... I tried to get a Wii... but was denied :(

The 360 patch issue I was referencing was the reports that a small percentage of people who d/l'd the 1080p patch had their systems stop working and they had to send them in to MS and pay the shipping/fix fee which came out to about $160.

Personally, I've had no problems with my 360 yet either. But, I don't really play it so its practically new still.

Although BetaMax was beaten out by VHS, its still used by most, if not all, high quality video recording.

As for BlueRay, with 11 out of 13 (or something like that) major film companies backing it (mostly cuz sony owns half of them) I think it'll do ok.

As far as comparing ps2 to 360 for hardware failure issues, I would certainly hope this generations hardware performs better than the last. Hopefully PS3 continues the trend of better hardware for the newer generations.

Alas... I tried to get a Wii... but was denied :(

MS reimbursed the people that had to send it in. A friend of mine did it, got his money back and didn't affect his warranty

I thought that was pretty cool of them, myself

Edited by [LaW]Maverick

seriously... in this small group of people that we have in this community, do you think any of us will make a difference in the bottom line of Sony or Microsoft????

Buy what you want, or what you love... you have all made your points clear.

Personally, I've owned a ps, ps2 and xbox, and have never had a single problem with ANY of them.

You drag up Beta of all things... seriously, you want to compare product lines between Microsoft and Sony... okay... Microsoft has declared one day a month as a PATCH day for all the defects in their software... seriously... Microsoft has no ground to stand on if you go outside the game consoles. Even if you take away the patch day, lets not mention Windows ME... come on now, is anyone going to say that was a good idea??

Comparing the PS2 to the 360, you just can't... the 360 has had some issues, and I'm sure the PS3 WILL have some issues... but don't judge it based on what COULD or MIGHT happen... let it fail, then laugh at it... it's easier.

k, i'm done now. 8)