Parkour

Windex

From what I understand... Parkour moves would be the ones that expense the least energy, so like the guy said in that short vid, it would be more efficient to walk down those steps, or do just one regular jump. Freestyle moves probably just disregard energy usage, and go for what looks the coolest.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am kinda stuck..... there is not much around my area (by area I mean house) that I can do much of anything on. I took apart a swing (Patio swing) and try to use the bar that connected the two A-frames but it is too tall (around 5'5"). Other than that I have been attempting small, jumping oriented moves; Backflips and the such.

(I use parenthesis a lot dont I?)

• 1 month later...

It really feels awesome once u practice and train and u can just go for about 200 yards with just about anything in your path and not have to stop :)

I've got some video's i post on you tube here and there, my username on there is "PeveleyWhat" I'll edit with a link later :) *btw i should have a new video up within the next few days, just did my first double front flip in the gym last night :luxhello: *

Well, I have actually stuck with it for the most part; but I only have convinced one other person to try it with me. I Tic-Tac'd onto the roof of a park bathroom and got a concussion doing a backflip but hey, It's all good. I just hope i can get more people to try stuff out with me.

haha yeah that girl did nothing in the gym the whole time except for stretch.. kinda made me mad, u can stretch in your house y take up my gym floor? haha

Cause you were there.

(edited)

your dropping your chin on the tucks and not setting fully through your shoulders, you're also counter rotating most of your flips and rolling through your hips. Oh and when you're doing your side sumis try an under arm reach you'll get more lift than from the classic over arm throw.

just an fyi!

I have a few kids that come to my open gyms to do train this kinda stuff, its interesting to watch some of their wipe outs.

btw what gym is that? CGA?

Edited by Mossad

It's hyde park gymnastics here in cincinnati, i've never had any real gymnastics training and i've built up a pretty nice trick list in under 6 months:

Front Tuck

Brandy

Front Flip 360 Twist

Back Flip

Back Flip half Twist

Gainer

Double Front Tuck

Wall Flip

Super Wall Flip

J-Step Gainer

Side Flip

I know i'm not perfect but thats why i practice every week

that's quite an impressive skill list! Can you do most of these skills on a hard surface or is alot of it still on to the resi or into a pit? Ever work arabians? I would think that would be a neat skill for the kind of stuff you're doing. Either way what you're doing is stille extremely impressive!

Everything with the exception of the double full i can do on solid surface. the front full with 360 was the most work and i can only do it about 1/5 tries but when I do it's amazing!

Whats an arabian?

an arabian is a relatively easy skill....i assume you can do a roundoff, so as you are rebounding in your roundoff you do a 1/2 turn then a front tuck.

is your front full tucked or layed out?