Do you want a special Wii?

Tracid

Oof, I dunno, how do you appraise one-of-a-kind works like that? Check your traditional economic notions at the door. I wouldn't pay that much, because I don't have that kind of cash kicking around and it's a strictly aesthetic improvement. However, it looks like some darn good work.

I wonder if heat will be an issue. Don't they get kind of warm? I wonder what an extra layer of paint does.

(edited)
I wonder how long it'll take for that spray paint to chip off.

I don't see why it would, do you beat up on your consoles much?

Daily. Someone needs to show it who's boss.

But seriously, have you ever felt the surface of the Wii? It's way too smooth for paint to hold on forever.

Edited by YoMamma

(edited)
But seriously, have you ever felt the surface of the Wii? It's way too smooth for paint to hold on forever.

I believe I read in that description that he sanded down all the surfaces and did proper prep to ensure that the finish was just right (and really on there). He didn't just spray paint over the stock finish.

"Many people have asked about the actual finish of the Wii.

I really wanted a finish that looked and felt like wrought iron and thankfully I got as close as I think could be achieved.

This was chosen over a plain flat or gloss black as Nintendo may release an official black one

and I really would like it's new owner to have a true one-of-a-kind. :)

The process involved hours of sanding, priming and coating to ensure a finish that would be lasting."

Edited by boilersax

I believe I read in that description that he sanded down all the surfaces and did proper prep to ensure that the finish was just right (and really on there). He didn't just spray paint over the stock finish.

I really wanted a finish that looked and felt like wrought iron and thankfully I got as close as I think could be achieved.

This was chosen over a plain flat or gloss black as Nintendo may release an official black one

The process involved hours of sanding, priming and coating to ensure a finish that would be lasting."

It's still a waste of money.

It's still a waste of money.

lol my thoughts exactly.