Cheap G5

what's the difference between that and the MX510 (apart from the fact that the 510 is older).

I have the 510 at home (and love it) and the MX Revolution at work (also love it).

this post has made me realize that Logitech Mice will always be the best.

(edited)

Mainly the MX510 is optical and G5 is Laser. My G5 crapped out on me though, first right click, then left click. Its also got the worst scroll wheel too.

Although, the G5 will work amazingly on any surface, and you won't ever get optical spin with it.

Edited by Metallurgic

I have a G7 already, which is basically just the wireless version of the G5. I'm going to carry the G7 with my laptop, and keep the G5 at home.

I love the mousewheel...the loud and hard clicks it has are great for switching weapons...but that's a preferance thing.

I've had my G7 for quite a while too, and it still works nicely...and like Metal said, on any surface.

i love my g5 with the exception being the scroll wheel. i've either had 2 flakey ones or they're all bad. sometimes when i middle click it scrolls and sometimes in css when i move it but don't click to the next thing it still switches weapons when i don't want it to. it's weird cause neither problem happens all the time which makes me think it's a driver problem or something but it happens in xp and vista. right now in firefox for example i can mid click all i want and it's fine...

Deal ends May 10 at 6 pm ET or after 4,000 redemptions.

Haha, didnt read the actual thing yet. Ill prolly get one of these, my stock Dell wireless optical mouse bugs out a lot, and doesnt move when I want it to.

i love my g5 with the exception being the scroll wheel. i've either had 2 flakey ones or they're all bad. sometimes when i middle click it scrolls and sometimes in css when i move it but don't click to the next thing it still switches weapons when i don't want it to. it's weird cause neither problem happens all the time which makes me think it's a driver problem or something but it happens in xp and vista. right now in firefox for example i can mid click all i want and it's fine...

I also have issues with the G5/G7 scroll wheel. I think it has to do with the fact that it can move left and right as well...I find it's much harder to hit mouse3 (pushing down the scroll wheel) as apposed to a regular scroll wheel without the left to right movements.

I've just noticed that my batteries are now only lasting 6-10 hours at a time (with 6 hours of use), where it used to be 24-48 (with about 12 hours of use)

The G5, which my bro has, and the G7, which I have, I love the ability to change DPI settings inside gaming. I play BF2142, and when i get into a gunner position or anything like that, i up my dpi setting so i can move it faster, when im out and in fps, I lower it.

The G7 batteries drain quick when gaming, but hey, there are two batteries, rechargeable, and it doesnt take long.

Nice finds!!!