A Beautiful thing...

[LaW]Maverick

One of my new dream cars

at $92K, it's just a wee bit out of my price range. By a wee bit...I mean a lil' more than twice what I can afford at this point in my life. Man do I really want one though....no gas to buy...ever, and 0-60 in 4 seconds! Charges in 3.5 hrs! Not bad at all!

All I have to say is that, if my current book that I'm working on gets published, you'll see me in one of these babies real quick. ^^

Are they assembled in the UK, or just based on the Elise chasis? I thought they were built in California.....

That's what I thought.....either way...there's not a ton to go wrong with an electric motor and the current $3.49 price of gas wouldn't bother me a bit.

Are there any reasonably priced electric cars out there? I wouldn't mind owning one. I'd be driving around like Knight Rider in stealth mode all the time... or maybe it was Batman... maybe it was BOTH!

Are they assembled in the UK, or just based on the Elise chasis? I thought they were built in California.....

LOL...I knew that would get you in here someway...I always thought that Tesla was a British company, then I did some research and found out they are based in California, but they do mention assembly plants in the UK...so I poked my fun...I wonder how much it costs to service that sucker, or where you could take it?

I'd use a retractable extension cord so I would never have to stop to charge.

Bahahaha...the engineer in me wants to calculate the thickness of wire you'd need for a 200 mile long extention cord capable of recharging that car. Then, on top of that, calculate the spring resistance required to wind up this monstrosity. Then, supposing force created when the plug hit the coil stop on the back end of your vehicle didn't just make the thing explode into a millon pieces, calculate additional mileage you'd gain by the momentum transfer from the cord to the car.