PC Cases

Tracid

This is the original one from my wishlist (to be built around Dec-Jan)

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16811133160

Wishlist

On my other thread I think 2-3 people said the case doesn't offer great cooling or ventilation and advised getting a case that has 120mm fans? So I looked around some and I came across these two.

Antec

Thermaltake

What do you think of them?

I noticed on the side panel (the clear side with the perforated thing) it seems there is some sort of circular mount for a fan? I wonder if an additional fan like a, 80, 90 or 120 can be put there? Sucking in or blowing out from that side?

Most likely you can.. My case was advertised as two fans but I managed to squeeze in 5. :)

I don't like any of those cases.. I hate doors and side panel windows. I just prefer plain and sleek cases. But of those choices I'd say the Antec is best. They usually have those in stock at Frys (if there's one close to you) if you want to check it out before you buy it. They also have the thermaltakes there as well.

I recommend the Antec. Their cases are solid and well built, and I've heard lots of positive things about the 900. I have a P180 myself, and absolutely love it. I too prefer the clean, quiet, and sleek look :D

i love the 900 and i have the armor. you can't go wrong with either though the armor you picked does weigh a ton. i have the silver aluminum one and it's still heavy. that's probably due to my 5 hdds and 1000w psu...

I like the Antec one too. I think those little Thermaltake, "doors", are ugly and dumb.

i just took mine off cause they flap around a lot.

I noticed on the side panel (the clear side with the perforated thing) it seems there is some sort of circular mount for a fan? I wonder if an additional fan like a, 80, 90 or 120 can be put there? Sucking in or blowing out from that side?

it's actually a 25cm fan spinning at something like 800rpm. blows right on the cpu/northbridge area.

I would recommend this case for a another 20-30 bucks. Definitely worth it with the quiet and modular design. If my 8800gtx will fit in it, I know anything else that anyone builds will fit in it. I would recommend you purchase one additional 120mm fan for the front. :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811129025

Edited by ZeroDamage

I would recommend this case for a another 20-30 bucks. Definitely worth it with the quiet and modular design. If my 8800gtx will fit in it, I know anything else that anyone builds will fit in it. I would recommend you purchase one additional 120mm fan for the front. :)

Errr, ummm, uhhh, what case?

Errr, ummm, uhhh, what case?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811129025

I have one of these for my server and have been seriously thinking about getting one to replace the case of my workstation.

The case does have a good number of options. My server has 4 Hard drives in it (right now), and I have room for another

couple of hard drives if I decide to add on.

The only downside are the Antec fans - they twend to be noisy, but depending on how much heat you are producing you

might be able to run the Antec fans at medium or low speeds. I noticed a big difference when I replaced my fans -

I now move quite a bit of air and I can no longer hear the fans from the next room.

All in all though - pretty decent case. Even better when you can find it on sale.