Bragging and Benchmarking

ZeroDamage

that's a beast.

i should probably mention that i've upgraded to a e8400. got it cheap off a buddy. it runs 425x9 (3.825ghz) happily on a bit over stock volts. nice boost in css over my 3.2ghz e6600.

Nice boost in css? Shouldn't you already be getting like 200+ fps? I figure this summer I'll drop a e8400 in my comp, easy upgrade and try to hit 4.

• 1 month later...

So i got my upgrades in and it gave me a nice bumb in 3Dmark:

Score: 15660

2.0 score: 7342

3.0 Score: 7608

CPU Score: 3266

e8400 OC to 3.8 at 1.23v and the new gtx260 help a lot.

I am happy!

So i got my upgrades in and it gave me a nice bumb in 3Dmark:

Score: 15660

2.0 score: 7342

3.0 Score: 7608

CPU Score: 3266

e8400 OC to 3.8 at 1.23v and the new gtx260 help a lot.

I am happy!

I am curious, about this, because in a couple of days I will post my new 3D mark scores with my new GTX 260 core 216.

This was my previous with my e8400 at 3.4 ghz

3DMark06 overall:

16,015 3dmarks

cpu: 3175

sm2: 7325

sm3: 8293.

That is with SLI of 2 x 8800 GT.

I will post up my gain/loss with the single card.

btw...I plan to get the SLI going again with another GTX 260 once I sell the old 8800's.

I think 3dmark is pretty much bung at this time, 1280x1024? When I went from a 8800GT to a 260 GTX my 3dmark score remained virtually the same.

But playing real games at higher resolutions and higher settings over my old card makes all the difference to me.

ya, start using vantage.

edit - some day i'll get around to running it...

Free version of it?

OLD setup:

3DMark06 overall:

16,015 3dmarks

cpu: 3175

sm2: 7325

sm3: 8293

New (GTX 260 core 216)

3DMark06 overall:

15,571 3dmarks

cpu: 3170

sm2: 7281

sm3: 7731

So it looks like the general FPS in 3dmark is comparable, but the sm3 is a good 8% lower.

I will try some real world benches soon.

Can't wait to try SLI with these, but this card is freakin loooooooong!

Edited by Tek-Almighty

Is your GTX 260 an EVGA? My card came with Vantage and a serial to upgrade it to the "Advanced Edition" on the drivers CD. If yours is EVGA is might aswell.

At the time I bought my MSI 260, EVGA and BFG had their cards bundled with a free coupon for Vantage. I went with the MSI cause it was $50 dollars cheaper. :)

Ok...Using Windows 7 and D3d10 let's revisit FarCry2 with the new GTX260 in place.

Settings: Demo(Ranch Small), 1920x1200 (60Hz), D3D10, Fixed Time Step(No), Disable Artificial Intelligence(No), Full Screen, Anti-Aliasing(4x), VSync(Yes), Overall Quality(Custom), Vegetation(Very High), Shading(Very High), Terrain(Very High), Geometry(Very High), Post FX(High), Texture(Very High), Shadow(Very High), Ambient(High), Hdr(Yes), Bloom(No), Fire(Very High), Physics(Very High), RealTrees(Very High)

* Total Frames: 2246, Total Time: 51.02s

* Average Framerate: 44.02

* Max. Framerate: 59.94 (Frame:327, 6.32s)

* Min. Framerate: 35.16 (Frame:1756, 40.36s)

Ahhh...now compare to the 8800 GT in sli same settings.

* Total Frames: 1633, Total Time: 51.00s

* Average Framerate: 32.02

* Max. Framerate: 59.22 (Frame:276, 6.17s)

* Min. Framerate: 14.02 (Frame:1400, 42.15s)

Much more playable with the larger memory buffer on the GTX 260, when it comes to using 4x AA.

Cujo was right again. Although I am amazed at the difference in minimum. More to come later.

I will try running in D3d9 and see what a diff that makes.

Settings: Demo(Ranch Small), 1920x1200 (60Hz), D3D9, Fixed Time Step(No), Disable Artificial Intelligence(No), Full Screen, Anti-Aliasing(4x), VSync(No), Overall Quality(Custom), Vegetation(Very High), Shading(Very High), Terrain(Very High), Geometry(Very High), Post FX(High), Texture(Very High), Shadow(Very High), Ambient(High), Hdr(Yes), Bloom(No), Fire(Very High), Physics(Very High), RealTrees(Very High)

* Total Frames: 2029, Total Time: 51.02s

* Average Framerate: 39.77

* Max. Framerate: 58.69 (Frame:306, 6.45s)

* Min. Framerate: 31.72 (Frame:1556, 38.99s)

I can't believe it...I'd pretty much read that this is the only game that performs worse in DX9 than 10...for me, it's only a 10% delta...so no big deal.

Edited by Tek-Almighty

(edited)

Here is my weak score with my notebook. Asus G50v series

3dmark.png

3dmark2.png

This is stock I have done nothing. Going to spend the week working on overclocking a bit. There is no way I am going to be over 10k like you guys. It will be a good learning experience.

Question, If I were to go into BIOS and enable RAID with XP instead of Vista would I achieve a better score? Also, are you guys using software to overclock or BIOS?

Edited by ThruX

just went crossfire. i get 483fps in css stress test with everything cranked at 1920.

Meh. I wanna see tri. Go big or go home! I mean, 483fps? You may as well sell that computer while you can.

:) jk - though it does seem like overkill. 280fps wasn't enough?

just went crossfire. i get 483fps in css stress test with everything cranked at 1920.

Meh. I wanna see tri. Go big or go home! I mean, 483fps? You may as well sell that computer while you can.

:) jk - though it does seem like overkill. 280fps wasn't enough?

bought the second card to play gta4 better. seems i'm now cpu limited in that game. which is surprising. it's a tough game to run.

btw, that's another benchmark we can run. gta4 has a benchmark feature.

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

okay, I ran my 1st Benchmark test using 3DMarkVantage, and here are the results

BenchmarkScoreSTOCKvantage.jpg

and, is that how I should score for the specs I have? Im fairly new to benchmarking and what not... :wiggle2:

Edited by Sedah

You installed most recent drivers, etc right? I got mine up to 13k (if I remember correctly) with a 4850 and 8400C2D @ 3.8 (EDIT: It's now at 3.85, but at the time it was 3.53, my bad)... I sort of thought yours would be a little higher.

Oh, just found it:

That was sept.22 08.

Reason for Edit: I can't read.

Yeah, you're not using stock drivers etc are you?

Edited by dragonfly

You installed most recent drivers, etc right? I got mine up to 13k (if I remember correctly) with a 4850 and 8400C2D @ 3.8 (EDIT: It's now at 3.85, but at the time it was 3.53, my bad)... I sort of thought yours would be a little higher.

Oh, just found it:

3.53 GHz, GPU: 690/1118 (625/993 for stock), 8.9 drivers

3DMark06 v1.1.0: 13251

SM 2.0 - 5448

SM 3.0 - 6435

CPU: 3290

That was sept.22 08. Yeah, you're not using stock drivers etc are you?

all my settings are on stock, no overclock or anything and u used 3DMark06...I also ran that after using 'vantage' and got a higher score compared to using 3DMarkVantage, my score for the '06' was 14986 *I used Vantage cuz it seems to be the latest one for benchmarkin/?*

and I also expected it to be higher. ill do some more test when I get it OC'd after the aftermarket cooler comes in.

Doh! I just can't read. Never mind me! :) lol

So, you're not using the latest drivers? Did you just use Vista's drivers for your video card, or ones that came on the CD, or did you download the latest from nvidia's site?

I downloaded all the drivers from their website, is that a normal score for the spec i have tho? or u think it should be higher?

So, you're not using the latest drivers? Did you just use Vista's drivers for your video card, or ones that came on the CD, or did you download the latest from nvidia's site?

I downloaded all the drivers from their website, is that a normal score for the spec i have tho? or u think it should be higher?

Oh, ok. Honestly, I dont put a LOT of stock into those benchmarks. How do your games run? :) According to the site you should be a little higher, but I've never used that program before. Sorry. :(

Oh, ok. Honestly, I dont put a LOT of stock into those benchmarks. How do your games run? :) According to the site you should be a little higher, but I've never used that program before. Sorry. :(

all my games run perfectly, all settings on high and such, gives me no problems...how much higher does it say it should be at? and were they stock i7's? link please? =)