Not for children.

Chamberlain

:peace:

Peace... seems like a great topic and idea. People against violence, destruction and other would be negative aspects of life. Well with one of my last days working for an employer, I had my lights turned out. I don't know how or why or even what to think. I was standing at a prep table and for an odd reason knew something was up. I grabbed the edge of the table and shut down. I saw and felt nothing for a duration of time. Like when I sleep at night. (Ignoring dreams forgotten and not). When coming back, I placed my hands on the table and let go of everything looking around. A word shouted through me, I didn't say a thing but still the significance of the word shocked me. I heard "Jesus" but no one said a thing... Now, I know it wasn't me which is the scary part. Good or bad voice in the head...

The problem for me is, I was aware of the black out, the voice and the aftersight. I don't know what to make of this. This black out, to me, was peace... and I wonder if that was literally hell, void of all feeling and sense or a cry of vainity. Either or, I know that this voice was still not me. Afterwards I had a vision of red, some stuff I could not explain on this forum without being banned. Brings a very sad outlook on life.

Some days I wish I was crazy. I don't have the knowledge to deal with this and I can't bury it. If someone can lend an ear or advice on this it would be great. My email is b.chamber@hotmail.com, I can explain better there.

Edited by Chamberlain

Sometimes your mind can play such realistic tricks on you, you can swear that it happened. Regardless of whether you thought you were touched by an angel/demon/ghost, I can at least say that in the morning, or if it bothered you that much, the next day, it should wear off as you pass it off as part of your imagination.

This actually kinda reminds me of a few days ago, walking home from work around midnight. The streets were empty, so I kept my head down, listening to my music and not turning, or looking behind me. I walked probably 35 minutes without thinking anything, then all of a sudden it just jumped into my head: 'I need to turn around.' And I looked up to do so, and it literally felt like I was watching everything go dark. So I turned around and there was a dark figure there long enough for me to jump in surprise, and reach up and take out one of my earbuds before it was gone. And as it disappeared, just as I removed my earpiece, I heard a sound that could only be described as a scream. I'd never been so spooked in my life, seriously, but when you sleep on it, you wake up and it's just gone, you tend to shrug it off.

I know it may not sound related, but I kid you not when I say I SAW something (though now I concluded it was my mind playing a horribly realistic trick on me). I was so spooked that even at 21 years old, I wanted to wake up my mother or sister so that I wasn't alone, but I managed to make it to my computer and vegetate in front of it to calm me down. Cause if I were to give the full detail, something like this has happened before to me and you have to ask, if I was being braindead, listening to my music, why did I suddenly feel the necessity to turn that one time during my 50 minute walk home? There are people on the planet, that if they saw what I did, they'd be on unsolved mysteries, talking about ghosts and crap. But personally, I don't see it that way, and that's the only advice I can give is to forget it. It happens to everyone at some point.

Edited by Saris

Ahhh the wonders of the subconscious :) my favorite part of the brain well not physical part but u know what i mean..

In all honesty our bodies and minds are far greater than we give them credit for.. sometimes your body or mind has to step in and smack you around sometimes because you ignore the little signs life tries to give you..

If you blacked out I'd recommend seeing a doctor to check on that, might leave the jesus part out.

Also coulda been someone around you may have not seen that dropped something or got aggravated and screamed JESUS!

Edited by Windex

You were "hallucinating." It happens to me as well. I get many premonitions and hyper-realistic "deja-vu"s where I can accurately predict events (but to be clear it's really all in your head). Human conscious perception is amazingly powerful and your subconscious perception is so much more so.

That "peace" you are talking about can be obtained consistently. What you describe and what saris describes are very similar to deep subconscious meditative states which have been known to simply occur (I know out of experience). You can also reach this state through heavy meditation (not medication, I hear you all snickering). Basically the more you focus your thoughts on one single concept the more focused your brain becomes. Now if that one thing you focus on is your breathing (which you pretty much are required to think about) then you can obtain a state of purity where your brain is focused on a single benign task. This allows your subconscious voice to be heard and your subconscious to break the "barrier" in your mind. The experience is always different from person to person and I warn you, we carry some pretty horrific things in our subconscious. Repressed memories, repressed fantasies and emotions that we bottle up will all make themselves known to you in this state.

Now it usually takes me about 30-45 minutes to reach this state. I usually fall asleep before I reach this mental plane and that being said I actually find it much easier to meditate in very busy environments like on my balcony where I can hear the all the sounds of the city. Eventually your senses will fall from your perception allowing your mental perception full reign on your brain which is where your subconscious will begin feeding your conscious.

Again, I have slipped into a similar state on many occasions, a few times while at work. Basically it is almost as if a veil as black as space has be drawn across all of my senses and reality becomes insignificant. Then BLAMO my conscious screams at me (usually some kind of yelling, I'm not always able to discern it) and I jolt back to reality with the feeling I have been away for an eternity. It takes me about an hour to readjust because the feeling is so over encumbering.

That or you are diabetic like Batman said...be sure to go see a doctor and upon diagnosis a psychiatrist as well (not a psychologist).

I have already inquired about psychology. Only an ear was lended. Even worse, on the last day when I was leaving, the radio was talking about me... I let it pass, but later on that day I was in my room listening to the radio and I just spoke seven words (how the EDIT should i have known) and while i was saying them, the radio said them at the same time. My voice reflected. I think I crossed a line somewhere and need a bigger shell. This problem brings nothing but confusion. Maybe I should start blaming video games. :spin2: Guess I am going crazy. :P

Although its two seemingly different problems.... It's like, since the blackout... my perception of this reality has just been shattered. With this destruction, I have countless new ways to look at things....

Edited by Chamberlain

I have already inquired about psychology. Only an ear was lended. Even worse, on the last day when I was leaving, the radio was talking about me... I let it pass, but later on that day I was in my room listening to the radio and I just spoke seven words (how the EDIT should i have known) and while i was saying them, the radio said them at the same time. My voice reflected. I think I crossed a line somewhere and need a bigger shell. This problem brings nothing but confusion. Maybe I should start blaming video games. :spin2: Guess I am going crazy. :P

Although its two seemingly different problems.... It's like, since the blackout... my perception of this reality has just been shattered. With this destruction, I have countless new ways to look at things....

Sounds like you're about ready to change your avatar? :biglaugha:

in ancient hebrew belief, silence, peace, the act of nothingness is what translate into greek as psyche. It's what we believe happens to you after you die... nothing... you return to the dust you came from (as god put it to Adam).

Using the term "we" loosely.

I'm pretty sure I already have a label on me here as to what I believe (which I honestly see as a privilege), but I do recommend looking into who Jesus was/claimed to be and what that would mean to you personally. Not only because of what I may believe, but if that's the name you heard it's as good as any place to start. As far as I can tell it's the only reference point you have for this whole thing.

Them's my 2 cents.

BTW, I like the avatar :)

Edited by DarkArchon

Well, someone should be writing this one down....

Last night I was watching TV, and moving around from channel to channel based on what people say and do. Usually switching channels after I see someone mysteriously die or say something that I think is about me. Crazy, but I'm bored with no CSS. So I start to watch a showcase show and I shut the TV off after hearing words I know I said before. I walk outside to my porch and have a cig lit. I watch I burn and puff a few times, put it out on my foot. That ends the night, I go to sleep on my parents couch, and seem to wake up from a dream of nothing. I'm running around outside the backyard over a hill, and the trees are made of bone piles, skulls and a skull thing wants to chase me but I stand toe to toe with it. Everything is so dark, so it's no fun, I know what the shapes should be but I can see through them. I reappear in the basement and I'm searching for a knife and I find a 16 inch blade on the floor, grabbing it I appear on the couch holding it parallel to my heart and laughing, my stomach growls and it echos! And I could feel this pain in the stomach....

I wake up and its morning, I make something to eat, think back and the same skull thing is trying to reach for me... Like a daydream, but a vision.... odd

If anyone gets this, I may tell you my warcraft problem..... Oddly enough, it's starting to get interesting. It's only getting better and better. Am I crazy to think this?

*Note* Someone should change this thread to Chamberlain just lost his marbles.

Edited by Chamberlain

I think you really need to seek some professional help. It may be nothing, but it sure sounds like something.

Really, go get some help. Its real easy, just call your local hospital and tell them your story. They will come and get you. :)

Shaftiel

Oh really Shaft, I think it would be just a lovely idea to explain these odd events of my dumb life within the confines of an building labled for the crazy insaine or insaine crazy.

Edit: I don't think it would be a logical thing to do. The thought that these ideas would only lead to my imprisonment within a hospital ward. If that path did lead to being "locked up" in a hospital, I truly would freak out.

Edited by Chamberlain

This could sound like hallucination's. Or it could be that God is trying to reach you. Lately I've been going through a dark time in my life and it seems that every time I turn on a Christian station, I think they're talking about me. I'm pretty sure thats what God's doing to me. Kinda creepy sometimes, one station after another. The chances are quite high to have one station "talking" to you after another for 3 hours........

Your mind is a powerful thing.. if we all said what we really thought or dreamed about then odds are we would all "Need help"

I'm typically a very non-violent person, avoid fights.. don't like disputes.. would rather settle them rationally.. but the other night i had the freakiest dream where i was at a foodcourt in the mall and "assassinated" two people with the nail file of toe nail clippers.. very odd to say the least but i could see every detail and afterwards i walked out to the parking garage and was talking to my friend like i didn't do anything.. Who knows.. maybe it was a mixture of having recently watched the new Bourne movie and thinking about all the lame stuff TSA has done..

The human mind scares me :(

Mo I too have begun trying to tap into my subconscious recently.. there is this herb (legal) that Indian shamans used for visionary quests that is derived from the sage plant called salvia. look it up, it's very interesting! in a sense it blends your subconsciousness and consciousness together for a short time. (this is legal at the moment but we'll see for how long)

I blacked out once. I was standing in a friends bathroom looking in the mirror. I felt really weird and I slightly remember falling and hitting my head on the wall. When I came to, everything was a white bright and it was hard to see. I awoke to a bearded man standing over me, looking down on me, with bright white lights shining down from behind him. I quickly realized it was my friend justin trying to wake me up and the lights were fluorescent bathroom lights. And that was the last time I drank lots of vodka on a completely empty stomach.

As in the words of Buddha himself "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."