Yeah, I brought it up

farmerisme

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad used to play back in the day and he still has most of his gear from back then. He has a Gibson bass from the late 70's called "The Ripper" still plays well and i'm never ever gonna sell it. His best friend also had a Gibson (I believe it's as Les Paul...but i'm not sure) from the same era but he took it to the music shop like 8 years ago and has yet to pick it up lol. I doubt he will be able to now..i'm sure it's disappeared by now.

I would say it is similar to DDR, but with way better music. Memorization does come into play eventually but it is definitely not all that. I can blind read most expert songs and get 4 or 5 stars. Whatever it is, it is still a skill. Just with a different medium.

Fair I have found the opposite to be true about exactness. When I switched to the wired guitar I thought the hammerons and pulloffs were easier to hit.

Oh well. I did last night beat the game on expert. Woo.

Yeah but I think I have a better shot at beating Jordan in GH2 before I can beat the Dragonfire song on 3. Thank god it is a bonus song.

My goal was to play that song on real guitar by the end of the year (Through the Fire and the Flames). I'm 2 months in and am yet to start. Stupid homework...

Anyone who wants to see them play it for realz it's here.

If you wanna just see them solo, ff to 3:20. I want to learn how to sweep pick :)

Edit: and grow my hair 3/4 as long as herman's.

Edited by DarkArchon

wow...i'm not looking forward to 5 starin that song....

Don't worry, it's a bonus song and plays through the credits with no star meeter, so you can mess up all you want (although I think some one somewhere is coming for me because of how badly I mutilated it on medium)

That reminds me...anyone else feel they need to repent after failing a song (ie not getting FC) while playing as Slash?

Yeah but I think I have a better shot at beating Jordan in GH2 before I can beat the Dragonfire song on 3. Thank god it is a bonus song.

My goal was to play that song on real guitar by the end of the year (Through the Fire and the Flames). I'm 2 months in and am yet to start. Stupid homework...

I saw Dragonforce live at Ozzfest 2 years ago. I wasn't impressed. Their guitarist is REALLY good, but as a whole, the band kind of sucks.

I also tried GH3 this weekend since one of my friends bought it. It's ok for a little while, but not nearly as fun or rewarding as playing a real guitar.

Speaking of personal hand disabilities, I have triangular bones in my pinky finger, so typically I can only use up to 4 finger when playing my guitar. My pinky is too weak to hold down the strings all the way since it is kind of at an angle.

I saw Dragonforce live at Ozzfest 2 years ago. I wasn't impressed. Their guitarist is REALLY good, but as a whole, the band kind of sucks.

I also tried GH3 this weekend since one of my friends bought it. It's ok for a little while, but not nearly as fun or rewarding as playing a real guitar.

Speaking of personal hand disabilities, I have triangular bones in my pinky finger, so typically I can only use up to 4 finger when playing my guitar. My pinky is too weak to hold down the strings all the way since it is kind of at an angle.

LOL You usually listen to metal? I dont know what sort of stage presence they have specifically, but all the other metal fans I've talked to that have seen them play say it's awesome AND funny. Thing is, they dont take themselves that seriously. Sort of like they're always goofing off. Guess it depends on what you mean by "good band" too. Do they play tight together? Yes. Do they play difficult music? Of course. 90% of popular bands can do 1 but not both... ;) Guess it always comes back to personal taste.

Anyway, have you tried pinky exercises? If you get it strong enough, you wont need any bones :)

Edited by DarkArchon

I am down to one song left on the last teir on expert (by that i mean before the devil battle). All I have to do is finish the song Raining Blood on Expert! but i SWEAR those runs are IMPOSSIBLE!

Uh oh... I think there's someone out in GC land that's better than me (other than Farmer). I want to duel against Mo, but he's too chicken :P

they play this at my local gaming shop all the time...last week a girl walked in off the street and completed Through the Fire and the Flames on expert (4 star I believe). The best guy in the shop lost to her in duel mode by over 45,000 points.