BETA TEST GAMECOMM - WIN A PRIZE! HANG OUT!

Fatty

You gonna be there?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

also from what I have noticed installing on multiple machines, you would need to have unique user names for each machine as it signs you out of any previous login.

Yeah. I just used my name with an increasing number next to it for each computer. Simple enough :)

Shaftiel

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. I just used my name with an increasing number next to it for each computer. Simple enough :)

Shaftiel

do not follow - need diagram. k thanks.

Sigh. No.

Shaftiel

Sigh. No.

Shaftiel2

Sigh. No.

Shaftiel3

Sigh. No.

Shaftiel4

Sigh. No.

Shaftiel5

Diagram ^^

I've tried to download the thing twice and both times it gets partially through it and stops...never again to resume downloading :(
u r wieyrd

it's only 2megs, and downloaded fine from here. you got you one of them real isps down thurr or what? oh wait, i'm a mac. that explains why it just works.

didnt know i'd have to install .net stuff plus have windows installer 3 in place.. gonna just put my pc's at home on i spose! i wanted to have 20+ on here dangit.. all the workstations in the lab are oldschool don't have time to update them all ah well

Edited by Wentz

I think we had upwards of 75 or more connections. Maybe more. GameComm had three or four guys there to talk to us about the software and respond to any feedback we might have. They want to do this on a regular basis. From what I gathered tonight, they not only want bodies in there to stress test, but they also want us to mess around with the software and get to know it real well. That way we can find any problems they may have with their current code and and they provide a forum for us to propose new features/aspects we might like to see added. Its pretty cool, we are somewhat helping to develop this product.

I'm not sure if everyone was there when we had this conversation, but something I thought was extremely interesting. When we first started messing around with this software we had a bunch of COD4 guys playing around with it and noticed that with the highest level of voice quality you'd see a lot of memory being used via the task manager pane (on the average 4 to 5 times that of Vent). The Gamecomm guys pointed out last night, that if you minimize the gamecomm software (or went into "game mode") you will notice that the amount of memory required via the task manager pane is reduced to the same size and even lower than you will see with vent.

I apologize for missing this. Had a death in my gf's family which occupied my day.

I hope the test went well.

Sry to hear that, hope your gf is doing alright.

Shaftiel

Thank you Shaftiel... she is doing well. Her uncle has had 2 or 3 heart surgeries, and suffered a heart attack, so it was not a complete surprise.

back to your regularly scheduled programming.

thanks

Ben

Sorry to hear that also Ben :(.

On a another note, I was getting a lot of crashes last night...

However besides that... business as usual... I was only able to be on for about 30 minutes before I had to go... we should have done this on a Saturday night! :D