BETA TEST GAMECOMM - WIN A PRIZE! HANG OUT!

Fatty

You gonna be there?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We have the opportunity as a community to do some beta testing for a company called GameComm, who has developed a voice communication program. GameComm has shown an interest in our community and seeing it grow, and in turn asks that we help them stress test their software while they fine tune it.

Our first beta testing will be held on Wednesday, December 19, at 10:00 PM EST. The great thing is that this beta testing can be done without interrupting your gaming, be it being the pub allstar that you are, or even being involved with a match. Similar to the voice communication software that you may already use, GameComm can be used in the background of any game.

What's more is that we're going to be handing out prizes on that evening. Even if you're idling in GameComm in the GamersCoalition channel, you'll have a chance to win a prize!!

Let's get to what you need to do. Hey, it's so simple, even Duke will probably be able to handle it!

1) Go get the software from http://beta.gamecomm.com/, install it, and find the server called “GamersCoalition.†No IP is necessary.

2) Be in that Channel in any room at 10:00 PM EST on December 19.

Note: If you would like a separate or private subchannel set up, we can do that with no problem!

Our goal is to have 200 people in the channel at that time, be it live and chatting or just idling. If you have 2 computers or more, connect them all. This is a stress test, and it doesn't take actual people to make the server send information out to multiple PCs.

Now, onto the prizes! Just after 10:00 PM EST on 12/19, we're going to record all the names of players that are connected. We'll then draw names and announce (in the forum thread linked below) who has won prizes!

Grand Prize: $100 cash

Runner Up: $50 cash

2 GC Memberships

2 Entries to FragFestOhio2008 (you can sell em if you can't attend)

1 two hour session with M2 as your personal CSS bodyguard

1 three hour session of map choices in a server of your choice

There may be more prizes developed by the time the night arrives.

Questions? Post up!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry too whom ever I blasted with my CoD 4 earlier tonight. :)

*cough* Everyone in the channel. I thought something was wrong with my game for a minute. "Nice work Marines!" "We lost the battle, but not the war!"

I was confused on what team I was on for a second since I heard both of them.

Sorry too whom ever I blasted with my CoD 4 earlier tonight. :)

*cough* Everyone in the channel. I thought something was wrong with my game for a minute. "Nice work Marines!" "We lost the battle, but not the war!"

I was confused on what team I was on for a second since I heard both of them.

Same here! I kept hearing two sets of gunfire too, so I couldn't tell if someone was shooting at me or not.

Sneaky tactic, VooDoo... confusing the opposition. :)

GC Founder
Just posted it now for another game I play. I may need a chan, I'll let you know in a while...

Would love to set you up!

To all: Keep in mind, nobody is asking anyone to talk to anyone else in particular.....we could even make a private channel if there's important business that needs to continue!

Has anyone been posting about this on their other boards / places of outhanging?

the only other community I'm part of happens to have the creator of Ventrilo as one of the upstanding citizens...I don't think they'd take lightly to me helping a direct competitor.

GC Founder

lol...

Also, fyi, in case you come across any issues: There is a bug reporter form built into the Help section of the program. Simply click the Help menu and select Report a Bug.

i posted on craigslist for you, fatty...

This action may require you to contact your doctor for pain meds.