i <3 the upper midwest

stutters

i_hate_minnesota.JPG

how could you NOT?

"...WIND CHILL WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST TODAY...

A WIND CHILL WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST TODAY.

BRISK NORTHWEST WINDS AND BITTERLY COLD AIR WILL PERSIST ACROSS THE REGION THIS MORNING. WIND CHILLS OF

35 BELOW TO 45 BELOW CAN BE EXPECTED.

A WIND CHILL WARNING MEANS THE COMBINATION OF VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL CREATE DANGEROUSLY LOW WIND CHILL VALUES. THIS WILL RESULT IN FROST BITE AND LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA OR DEATH IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN."

I woke up and got a haircut yesterday. It was 75 degrees and beautiful (if windy) when I went into the building. Half an hour later I walked out and it was 52 degrees. By the time I got home (10 minute drive) it was 46 degrees and raining. I went inside the house and made myself some lunch and by the time I had finished eating...it was snowing. It snowed for 2 hours. Missouri has possibly the craziest weather you've ever seen.

I woke up and got a haircut yesterday. It was 75 degrees and beautiful (if windy) when I went into the building. Half an hour later I walked out and it was 52 degrees. By the time I got home (10 minute drive) it was 46 degrees and raining. I went inside the house and made myself some lunch and by the time I had finished eating...it was snowing. It snowed for 2 hours. Missouri has possibly the craziest weather you've ever seen.

Man, thats terrible. Glad I live in Minnesota where the weather is at least semi-constant this time of year. :biglaugha:

(edited)

This is the first time this year that I went outside and thought Wow, it's actually cold

i was outside pumping gas into my car at midnight, and the instant I grabbed the nozzle, my entire hand went numb. so awesome.

Edited by discom

We had crazy weather in Chicago yesterday too. 50's in the afternoon. Rain around 3:00pm. By 8pm it was 0 degrees with a wind chill of -22, strong winds and the most intense downpour of snow I've seen this year.

I remeber a week about 14 years ago where the temp in the twin cities reached -29, wind chills of about -60. But my smoke breaks have been awfully uncomfortable the past few.

*At least it was nice and sunny SJ

Edited by farmerisme

This is the first time this year that I went outside and thought Wow, it's actually cold

i was outside pumping gas into my car at midnight, and the instant I grabbed the nozzle, my entire hand went numb. so awesome.

Good thing my hands were warm that night <wink>

This past week we've had excess of -50 with windchill. Woot for the north!

How do your cars run in that?

They don't...my dad's associate in Saskatoon didn't go to work yesterday because his diesel engine wouldn't start...it was -55c without the wind.

This past week we've had excess of -50 with windchill. Woot for the north!

How do your cars run in that?

They don't...my dad's associate in Saskatoon didn't go to work yesterday because his diesel engine wouldn't start...it was -55c without the wind.

I know a guy who just opens his glow plugs and sprays ether starting fluid to get it going. Turns out it works for diesel trucks. It might work for you guys too.