mouse recommendations

dirtY_joE

I currently have a logitech G7 Laser Cordless Mouse for about the last 3 years or so but lately the tracking has gone all skeewompos on me and periodically goes dead and makes me look strait up in game so I need a new one corded or cordless is of no concern just needs to be precise and reliable

I'm a BIG Razer fan, so much so that I shelled out the $100 for the Razer Boomslang Classic they just released. I used to own several of the original Boomslangs (ball mice) and they all eventually died. I then got a Logictech MX700 and MX1000 and loved them, but not paricularly so for gaming (as they are wireless) so I got a Razer Copperhead. I was then thinking about gutting one of my old Boomslangs and putting the innards from the Copperhead in it when I saw Razer was doing it themselves. The Boomslang chassis which I love so much with the new lazer technology of the newer mice.

I've also heard stellar reviews for the Razer Lachesis. Well rounded design for both a lefty or a righty, up to 4000 dpi resolution, on board memory for storing your different game profiles/mouse key mappings right on the mouse so their available on any computer you use, and don't forget Razer's on-the-fly sensitivity adjustment.

Sorry, I should really get a job at Razer.

Edited by dwEEziL

I've seen several G5s, none with scroll wheel problems. The only thing I'd change about mine is add a forward button, but I just change the sensitivity increase to be my forward button. I dont need sens +/- on the fly anyway.

the new g5 has a forward button. just picked one up tonight. it was on sale for 35 bucks (reg 55). so far so good. like the textured feel. performs like the old one. love having the forward button again. also, the scroll wheel is much better. side scroll and push click and up/down scroll is much more solid then the old one.

I am totally the other way on the new G5, I hate the texture. It's like blue snake skin. The rubber in the thumb area also feels gritty.

I have an older G5 and use the mouse tilt left and right for back and forward. Only thing I use the thumb button for is the knife in Call of Duty 4.

I used to hate Razor mice for their size and shape but now that I'm used to it I wouldn't trade it for the world! I think people who like the G series from Logitech need to just bite the bullet and use a Razor for a month, unless you have abnormally large hands I really can't see any logic in the argument for Logi against Razor :shrug03: The only thing I miss about my Logi is the left and right scroll wheel directions, they were great for Photoshop and Protools, too bad they never lasted longer than 6 months

Which Razor model do you use anonymo? I'm kinda looking for one that has a slimmer "waist area", something like the DeathAdder or Boomslang.

Copperhead, which I think is the smallest one...that was one of the things that threw me at first...I was like "I can't even hold on to this thing, it's tiny..." now I can control it with 3 fingers, dexterity is king afterall

After getting used to the original Boomslang body design, going back to regular mice for gaming was horrible, hence my idea to make a Franken-mouse. The Boomslang Classic solved all my problems.

31glq9cw0uL._AA280_.jpg

holy crap, that is the most gawd-awful double-bagger-ugly mouse I have ever seen! :freak3:

You can't beat a Razor once you get used to them. And yes they are fugly.

If you absolutely can't stand a razor and you don't mind a mouse that isn't specifically a "gaming" mouse...I cannot say enough good things about the Logitech MX Revolution.

GC Alumni
I used to hate Razor mice for their size and shape but now that I'm used to it I wouldn't trade it for the world! I think people who like the G series from Logitech need to just bite the bullet and use a Razor for a month, unless you have abnormally large hands I really can't see any logic in the argument for Logi against Razor :shrug03: The only thing I miss about my Logi is the left and right scroll wheel directions, they were great for Photoshop and Protools, too bad they never lasted longer than 6 months
sounds like logic that could be used in the cell phone or computer market, too, stumpy :D

DJ

i'm about to replace my razer diamondback (or is it a copperhead? dunno, not @ home atm). it just doesn't work for my monster hands, and i need something more ergo for work. if you're into saving a few on a used mouse, let me know.

Edited by sj