what's with the no money rule?

stutters

word in the server is admins aren't allowed to give money anymore. why the drastic change in policy, and what's the hopeful effect? last night we had back to back blowouts, and while it might have been fun for the winning team, most of the losing team disconnected (and left us with a poor AND empty server).

can't we try something a little more moderate like:

- no money before the 5th round (or)

- no money unless a 4 streak (or)

- no more than $6k per gift

:shrug03:

There seemed to be a consensus that at times players have been asking for money to the point of whining. There are varying opinions on whether giving out money can solve the problems of a dysfunctional team. From there, discussion digressed. As far as I know, nobody has told anyone else not to give out money. I would hope, though, that people will consider that giving out money may be less effective than it is easy.

GC Alumni
(edited)

so the lunk rule is null and void? he plainly said (ed: ingame, over vcom) "gc is not giving out money anymore." other admins are also under that same impression. ironically, if there was money whining before, it's increased in lieu of the non-rule about not giving money. yes, i officially joined that non-rule peaceful protester group, but no, i did not start it.

m2, please refrain from using my clever nicks, ie -.-, d-.-b, d^.-b, etc. thank-you. legal has a cease and desist prepared, so do as you please. :D

Edited by sj

m2, please refrain from using my clever nicks, ie -.-, d-.-b, d^.-b, etc. thank-you. legal has a cease and desist prepared, so do as you please. :D

but i like the guy with headphones

GC Alumni

you should just keep using song titles from your favorites:

push kick, push kick

baby hit me one more time

umberella, ella, ella

how else will people appreciate your coolness?

ps - stay away from my warning bar :lol2:

The score was 0-4 and we had no money. I was asked if I could give them money, I said, "We don't need no stinking money! Everyone save this round and then we will have money and crush these evil spawn of Satan." Everyone saved, we lost, score 0-5. Next round we all had enough for a rifle and armor, we kicked their butt! And the end of the map the score was 8-5 in our favor. Its much more effective to just manage the money we have, then writing blank checks and defeating the whole 'team work' idea.

Shaftiel

GC Alumni
The score was 0-4 and we had no money. I was asked if I could give them money, I said, "We don't need no stinking money! Everyone save this round and then we will have money and crush these evil spawn of Satan." Everyone saved, we lost, score 0-5. Some other admin gave money. Next round we all had enough for a rifle and armor, we kicked their butt! And the end of the map the score was 8-5 in our favor. Its much more effective to just manage the money we have, then writing blank checks and defeating the whole 'team work' idea.

Shaftiel

edited as needed :wiggle2:

Lunk's misunderstanding of the money thing stems from a discussion he and I had one night. He thought I had good ideas, and said to post em up in the forum. I posted em up in the admin channel. Lunk didn't participate in the discussion, and just assumed that we weren't going to give money out anymore.

GC Alumni
Lunk's misunderstanding of the money thing stems from a discussion he and I had one night. He thought I had good ideas, and said to post em up in the forum. I posted em up in the admin channel. Lunk didn't participate in the discussion, and just assumed that we weren't going to give money out anymore.
so what you're trying to say is that this is your fault?

noted.

noted.

:o

noted.

:o

Don't worry he's illiterate, at best his notes will reflect a very accurate portrait of Mags.

The problem with giving stuff to people is that they start to expect it after a while.

I like the idea of giving monies to a team getting smoked (5-0 at least) to help stimulate a more even playing field, however I'm not thrilled that people are whining about needing money now. Granted, I haven't been back in the fold for very long and haven't seen the whining popping up more than once or twice, but I can see that it will get annoying if it continues.

Personally, while I love monetary gifts in CS, I've learned to conserve my money over time because I've stunk at CS for a while and never have much money even if my team is winning :)

IMHO, I'd say money gifts should be at admin's discretion. If people are whining about it, no soup for you. If the make-up of the teams is not great and a skunk is in progress without much complaining, I think it would be a nice reward to the losing team for being dealt a bad hand for that map.