new headphones

mohawk

after 2+ years my medusa's went bad.. looking to pick up a new pair very soon. would love some insight on what people have and like..

(mostly for css use and music)

I bought the 5H v2's but if you go that route you need to re-equalize for headphones cause they're not super great with the bass for music. They're great for gaming though. I can game for 4+ hours straight and my ears aren't sore.

budget under or around $100.. not afraid to go cheaper...

i bought the medusa's with the intent of going 5.1.. however, for gaming I couldn't get used to it.. and always just run them in headphone mode

I still like the Plantronics .Audio 90s.

I use these too [or rather the GameCom|1, same thing] and are good phones for the price. If your serious about music then you may want to spend more. I just use them to game, chat and watch an occasional movie.

What, you're too good to just stare at WinAmp's visualizations you have to hear your music too...what's next, you actually want to see the pixelized output of your videocard?

Sennheiser HD280 = $100

Good pair

I have also and I love 'em, but they did take awhile to break in. I also wear glass's, if it weren't for the glass's they would of been just fine.

(edited)
Sennheiser HD280 = $100

I have these headphones(bought them for $47 not too long ago, a deal that will never happen again) too and love them also! If you haven't bought headphones yet, these are wonderful, I am just now getting used to how well the directional sound is and its pretty amazing. Then again Mohawk I'm not sure if you need descent sound, you own me enough as it is in CS :D

Just buy a cheap mic along with it, I use a mic on an older pair of headphones that I just sit around my neck, but I'm sure you could buy a standing mic too if you think that would bother you too much...

Edited by DragonFire

i had the audio .90s. the steelsound 5h v2 are insanely better. i wouldn't trade mine for anything at this point. all i do is game on them though. no movies or music.

Sennheiser HD280 = $100

Good pair

I have also and I love 'em, but they did take awhile to break in. I also wear glass's, if it weren't for the glass's they would of been just fine.

So true! When you first get these they are so tight they make your ears feel like a prune. VERY, VERY, VERY good sound insulation.

They have a weird sound to them,

find a VERY quiet room, and set a good pair of speakers next to your ears. Thats what these are like.

Like you're in a quiet room with speakers blasting at you.

I use the pair shep posted up, and I like them. Only problem that I have is that I broke my first pair after a couple of months, but the company sent me a new pair free. I use them for music, games and watching movies no problems noticed.