Chrome

mookie

I like it other then the cpu hog'n it does, better then firefox but the new ie8 seems to be real solid and now has most of the same features as the other two. The last thing I want to do it give up half of my cpu to the browser...

I will say that the load time for Chrome is MUCH faster than anything else, but every once in a while it'll hang for a second or two--particularly if I try to change pages while a video is still playing.

So far, however, I'm favorably impressed, and I put an application short cut on my desktop for gMail and it opens faster than a similarly created shortcut in any other program works for me--so it's quite handy. And the GUI is largely gone, so it feels as if I'm opening a GMail application rather than a web-browser on the GMail page.

Oh, and the reason it doesn't like Vista 64 is that it only officially supports 32 bit operating systems right now. That's why I didn't download it at home on my machine that's running Vista Ultimate 64.

I like it so far. Some things require a little getting used to ( IE: Cujos issue with the dropdown favs instead of sidebar.)

But much faster. I did hit a site that gave me some issues with it, BUT, on the flipside it was working with Angel school system which FF wont do correctly, and IE 7(only) kind of works.

I noticed a big difference with the threading yesterday. I was running on a low end computer, watching hulu. It was hanging up. I was clicking away and I thought it was just going to completely lock up and crash. Eventually it came through and proceeded to execute all of my clicks... eventually closing the browser.

Seems to be much more stable then FF.

• 3 weeks later...