CSS Dedicated Server

stutters

we need your feedback.

we have 30 days to decide if this server is better or worse than retro. we haven't loaded the server, but so far so good.

we'd really, really, really like your feedback on how the dedicated server plays for you. please feel free to try any of these servers to see how it plays:

CSS

216.52.148.80:27019 gcftw.com | Gun Game

216.52.148.80:27017 gcftw.com | CAL MOTW CAL.cfg (coming soon)

216.52.148.80:27016 gcftw.com | Dust2/Office $16K No AWP FF ON

216.52.148.80:27015 gcftw.com | Noob Friendly Server

ZPS

216.52.148.82:27015 zps.gcftw.com

TF2

216.52.148.81:27015 gcftw.com | TF2 Stock 100 Tick

we're also going to be adding a cstrike 1.6 server, as well as the current zps. hell, why not throw together a tf2 server, too?

if any of you are interested in taking ownership of one of these servers, please contact me or any other senior admin or board member. if you have an idea for another gametype, post up!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GC Alumni

from what we've heard, zps is the most cpu intensive srcds game. we can monitor the actual resources, so there's no harm in trying.

note: as a temporary solution, we'd be happy to give any .gc member the opportunity to admin and run one of these servers. if it becomes a permanent server, we'd work it out from there. the board might revoke this offer (i'm a maverick), but i'll bear the brunt of those consequences ;)

If clon'd ur Mani off Retro back to dust2/office will go servers empty.

15:15:56 mani_automap_map_list

15:15:56 "mani_automap_map_list" = "de_dust2:cs_office" ( def. "" )

- Setup your maps that will used seperated by a colon, e.g. de_dust:de_aztec:cs_office

GC Alumni
If clon'd ur Mani off Retro back to dust2/office will go servers empty.

15:15:56 mani_automap_map_list

15:15:56 "mani_automap_map_list" = "de_dust2:cs_office" ( def. "" )

- Setup your maps that will used seperated by a colon, e.g. de_dust:de_aztec:cs_office

i see, kthx.

the other day when i was playing in the CS:S Test server, it seemed to register very well. granted the most people we had in there at one time was 12 i think, but it was still running very smoothly, i liked it. i know some others were saying it was crappy for them though, like vovik i think it was. so we will need more peoples input i think.

I recieved a pm to reply here regarding a 1.6 server.

word on the street is that you might want a 1.6 server. any truth to this? we've got some extra leg room, and i'd like to give it a shot...but we need someone who plays 1.6 regularly to be our .gc presence. is that you?

Although I would love for GC/Mmmm to have a 1.6 server I wouldn't be able to be around very much to play on it. I'm married with two kids, I run a business and have very little spare time. With that spare time I do enjoy playing 1.6 and would play on that server but I doubt I would have that much time.

Do you have something in the retro server to try and migrate others to the new server? I don't mind sitting in there till someone shows... but I'm not seeing much of any action on ANY server!

ya they were all empty when i whent to give em a try :( but from just quickly running around each one last night i found the cal server was the smoothest.. odds are it was just the map tho, more trials shall be needed! lol lets get some peeps in their!

I played on retro and the new one this past weekend. The new one was smooth as silk for me, good latency and little to no choke. There were a couple of times where choke spiked to 150 or something at the beginning of rounds, but that went away after a few seconds. There were a few people that complained that they were showing everyone on CT side, lots of choke, etc. but after leaving then retrying everything was fine. Not sure what the deal was there, but I sure didn't have that problem.

Overall I didn't notice a big difference from retro, but I only played a few maps on the new one so it is hard to tell.

GC Alumni

we've got a few more weeks with this server. we need to coordinate a community wide stress test, which we will, but i think we need to iron out some of the settings, first.

unrelated: anyone have a trial code for tcadmin? their sales guys refuse to call me back :(

A real test will be with the TF2 server full while everyone is also playing on the CS server. That will be hard to coordinate and make happen. The TF2 server just needs some people to seed it or a bunch of us go in for a bit and let it fill up on its own.

GC Alumni

ideally, all 3 (css, zps, and tf2) should be in use. coming from the game server provider, zps should be our biggest resource concern, and based on server traffic (to the current zps server), sounds reasonable.

I do not think the game server provider is right on that. Unless zps is poorly coded, it should be no harder on a system than CS. With TF2, there is none stop explosions, people dying, sentries being built etc etc that the server has to keep track of. In comparison to zps which keeps track of zombies and none zombies, I do not get how zps can be more resource intensive. Maybe there is something to it that I am not aware of....