my 1st official server ban for hacking!

Brew

thank you. thank you. i consider this a mile stone and would like to thank all of my fans who never gave up on me. The server "Family Gamers Alliance" (http://www.clanfga.com/index.php) decided that my super leet counter-strike skills were a little too god like. So they banished me out of the fear of my awesome glory! Even when i pleaded my case in the banned forum, they saw my words as beams of super bright rays of truth and blocked my online account!

If anybody needs a good warm-up server a suggest that one.

thank you. thank you. i consider this a mile stone and would like to thank all of my fans who never gave up on me. The server "Family Gamers Alliance" (http://www.clanfga.com/index.php) decided that my super leet counter-strike skills were a little too god like. So they banished me out of the fear of my awesome glory! Even when i pleaded my case in the banned forum, they saw my words as beams of super bright rays of truth and blocked my online account!

In all seriousness, I was also banned by them back in 2007. I used to play on their server for about 6 months before I was banned and started played regularly on GC's server (I had played once or twice before on the GC server because I knew Undercover from a previous clan he was in). Some of the members at FGA thought I was hacking and banned me for my p90 "skills." <_<

To be fair, some FGA members didn't think I was hacking at all; I still keep in touch with some of them. My ban has been permanent though, and I rarely see a ban reversed (although an FGA member/friend has argued for unbanning some individuals with some success). I made my case on their website too (my account might still work, I don't know), but the general message was that I would not be welcomed back for a couple months at the earliest while my case was under review. I waited for a definite response on whether my ban was permanent and even posted in my ban thread to ask for confirmation; my thread was deleted. Another player that I know of who was banned also had their ban thread deleted, so I believe that blocking your account is a similar means of removing traces of the topic. Even if I was able to rejoin them, I suspect that I would be watched and eventually banned again. :(

Some other people who used to play on their server that I know were not hacking were also banned; Specification, for example, who sometimes plays on the GC server and can be seen using a scout most of the time, is a friend who used to play on their server and was banned after I was.

I wouldn't take the ban personally, Brew. It's happened to other legitimate players too, so I believe it is a systematic flaw of judgment with a very few FGA members. I always keep in mind though that there are plenty of FGA players/members that are decent people, and their server has standards of conduct similar to GC's (no swearing, player bashing, etc.); I try not to be too disappointed because I do miss playing with some of them sometimes. It worked out for me eventually since I play on the GC server now and annoy all of you. :biglaugha:

(edited)
I can create an account but the activation doesn't work. "Redirect Loop" fails after trying to save after the fact. phpbb2 for the win.

yea i remember this happening to me too. i don't remember, but i got through somehow.

I wouldn't take the ban personally, Brew. It's happened to other legitimate players too, so I believe it is a systematic flaw of judgment with a very few FGA members. I always keep in mind though that there are plenty of FGA players/members that are decent people, and their server has standards of conduct similar to GC's (no swearing, player bashing, etc.); I try not to be too disappointed because I do miss playing with some of them sometimes. It worked out for me eventually since I play on the GC

i dont mind too much.. I just wonder how many other better players than myself got burned at the stake for FGA's witch hunt? :D

in one of my PMs, i even offered to change my name so i could still play. thats when they blocked my online account.

Edited by Brew

Ok I added you to our ban list too. Thanks for owning up! Miss ya!

You guys are acting exactly the way we discourage here. What would you do if we banned somebody and half a dozen people came here to complain about it or came to the server to "see how fast they get banned?"

You guys are acting exactly the way we discourage here. What would you do if we banned somebody and half a dozen people came here to complain about it or came to the server to "see how fast they get banned?"

Good point 'san, however we know regulars don't hack on gc servers (well may be M2). I look at this as just having a little fun with another community that doesn't have the calibure of players as gc does.

Easy naw...anyone who bans my Brew deserves to be raided, even if it's by a bunch of middle aged gamers and some Mac users.

Now had it been Jackie... :D

Not to keep belaboring the point but it's weird to see you on this side of the discussion. Wow, it's amazing to see how far you've come san`.

Many of us jumped in there to check them out, not necessarily to get banned. And I think the only one who successfully got banned is the OP. It's not like you can awp on their server and pull some no-scopes.

Technically, I was also banned, although many months ago. Then again, I am not as important as Brew is to the GC community, so I forgive your omission. :biglaugha:

Easy naw...anyone who bans my Brew deserves to be raided, even if it's by a bunch of middle aged gamers and some Mac users.

As I've said before, most of the FGA members are pretty smart and can tell if someone is hacking or not. The problem, in my opinion, is that there are 3 or so FGA members who have final say in a ban; this was the case when I was last there. If you are banned by one of these 3, you have a very slim chance of being unbanned since they generally do not dispute their decisions. I think the only way you could get unbanned is by having a trusted FGA member vouch for your credibility or have a recording of your playing that threw the possibility of hacking into doubt, but this is still not a foolproof method (I was playing on their server for about 6 months before my ban). Having the GC community post on their website would not likely sway them either; they tend to ignore any posts by anyone other than the person who was banned.

I would have to agree with san here. As much as I dislike seeing a legitimate player being banned by FGA (and I have seen legit players being banned by them along with myself), FGA does try to create a positive gaming atmosphere on their server, and they probably won't respond to us well if we post a lot on their website on this issue. I don't agree with the way that a few members approach banning players, but I'm hoping they do change and start considering the fact that they may be wrong sometimes. That's most likely going to happen within their own community and not by ours unfortunately, when players they know and trust start confronting them. I'm not saying we should be passive and do nothing, but Brew has made his case to them as I did mine; if we push them too much on this in a negative way, they'll likely feel justified in their decision and ignore us even if we are right about Brew not hacking. This is something they're going to have to figure out and solve on their own, or they risk losing the community they've built.

lol

i never really asked anyone to post and vouch for me. but I appreciate the thought none the less. :wiggle2:. If anything, i would like GC members to drop by their server and play a few rounds to show that we are a well behaved/good players :peace:

Not to keep belaboring the point but it's weird to see you on this side of the discussion. Wow, it's amazing to see how far you've come san`.

Stop, you might cause a relapse. :(