Silence day for homosexuals

bullet-401

Soul, I apologize if that came off as flaming, it was not my intent. I merely intended to point out that your argument was severely weakened by the mistake. It made it seem that you were just drawing on a distant memory because had you actually researched it you wouldn't have missed such an obvious point (meaning, if you had looked up the word in the original text, you would have known what the original language was). Also, please cite the verse you are referring to and your reference for the etymology of said word. You keep saying it is a proven fact but yet you have not shown the proof. Not trying to be difficult here, just a desire to learn.

Next, the Old Testament is a combination of Hebrew and Aramaic. The New Testament was written almost entirely in Greek except for when the OT was quoted, then it was mostly Aramaic (IIRC). While it is true that Latin was used greatly for formal speaking, the NT was written in Koine Greek (basically simple speech) so that ALL people would have the opportunity to read it and understand it.

As for who says what is a sin, I agree with Congregation here. Where God has specifically called out certain practices as sin, what is more important is that he has given us a standard of morals to live by. Jesus broke down the 10 commandments into the following 2, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength, and love your neighbor as yourself." It is not our place as Christians to judge a person. It is our place to show them the Love of Christ. Ace, I am in full agreement with you regarding your reference to Matthew Shepard's funeral. Actions like that, especially coming from fellow "believer's" (if they truly are) sickens me. The heart of God weeps over all of His children. He does not scorn them.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we were keeping this a relatively flame free conversation.

:blink:

Ok, nevermind.

Again, more of my personal thoughts:

Stealing: I think peoples hearts are a better indicator than what any certain society or country says. I also don't buy into much about the "different points of view." I believe every person, whether their heart is hardened and covered by many years of patterns or whatever, has the truth deep within them. You take a pencil that's not your from the office, it's stealing. The satellite deal: Is this someone else's product? Are they meaning for it to be free? It's stealing then. Now, if Canada passes a law that says "you toss stuff into the air, it's free game" then that's the law of the land. I am led to obey the laws of the government under which I live (let's not go the route of "is weed bad or a sin?....but if you must now: controlled I don't think it's any worse than beer, but the law says it's illegal so therefore I am no part of it).

Hate the SIN, not the sinner - about as good as it gets here. Any signs at a funeral are about as far from this as you can get, and a disgrace.

Yes, (and this assumes I am speaking to a Christian) we all live in sin. Sin separates us from God. Although I'd need dweez to speak a tad bit more to his view on this above, he was very right on about the fact that we don't know each other's hearts. Accepting Jesus' love gives you a perfect gift, one that you can't mess up (an entirely different debate that I've come 180 on in my lifetime). True repentence, by the origin of the word, means a change, a turning. An apology to God, or just saying that you messed up, is not repetence. Just like a dad on this Earth looks for a changed behavior, so does your God look for you too change and live closer Him in His will.

To the part about the penis, vagina, what does it matter besides love (I think it was Ace, not going to search though, sorry if not)...I guess it comes down to what you believe God intended us for, and what he created man and woman for.

In the end, what I believe we are doing as a world is changing God, and his Word, to fit our world.

(edited)

woot! you guys started this topic over again, why dont you just go read through previous topics :o

All I have to say is you guys are arguing over same old same old. The book has been translated so many times it hard to tell what the OG version said.

Edited by NOFX

Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guests

You blaming us for rehashing old issues when this topic has been dead for 4 days? lol

And if you're a guy and some guy thinks you're 'hot' it doesn't mean YOU are homosexual

no it doesnt, Call me a homophobe if you will, but it is really creepy and I find it disturbing.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing i hate about this topic is when homosexual people push their rights onto something they shouldn't. Here's an example

my friend taught at a Catholic high-school near toronto. As you know Catholics do not believe in homosexualism. So a student at that highschool (homosexual) wanted to bring his boyfriend to his prom. The religion is a fundamental part of school and of course it's not allowed. So the kid goes to the government and the government makes the highschool accept him to the prom with his boyfriend. Now is that fair? a government deciding on religious matters?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Shertown-Pimp
Guest Shertown-Pimp
Guest Shertown-Pimp
Guests

Hey fatty, good posts, but what would you say to your daughter if she told you she was g.ay?

(edited)
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NIV): "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters, nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

If you're a female prostitute, you have a chance of getting in....

Anyways, if you choose to be g.ay, thats fine with me.

<Blasphemy...opening up a can of whoop donkey on himself>

If God in all his infinite wisdom, chooses to deny someone into heaven that is g.ay, who, say for example, has done nothing but help others throught their lives and done countless other good deeds....well, you get my picture...

Edited by redeyez

And if you're a guy and some guy thinks you're 'hot' it doesn't mean YOU are homosexual

no it doesnt, Call me a homophobe if you will, but it is really creepy and I find it disturbing.

I think you're hot NOFX ;)

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)
Oh boy look what I started.

I believe that homosexuality is a sin.  I belive this is very clear, and I believe it in my heart.

I do not hate homosexuals, but I believe they are living in sin.

i know this is an old thread, and i didn't read everything and also know this is an old post.. but i would just like to state that i am offended. EVERY guy out there has had fantasies of 2 chicks together, thats homosexuality.. i just don't get it. If a homosexual is a living sin, and god created us, then blame god for creating sin. Being homosexual is not a choice, you are BORN that way. If you don't believe me, come to CT and meet my 3 month old cousin.. you'll see. And as a bisexual I know first hand you are born this way. The bible says to love all people equally.. so if u meet someone and they have a great personality and you like them, WHAT DOES IT MATTER WHAT IS BETWEEN THEIR LEGS??!?!?! Its obvious to me that "god" made love based on sex cause i think u can love someone with out the act of sex and you should look beyond physcial and get to know the person. And now i get the argument of "god made heterosexual couples to reproduce" then why are some women naturally steril?! HMMMMMM?!?!

p.s. i'm not "bsing" you fatty, its just what u said kinda set me off. sorry. I know ur tittled to ur opinion.. but im tittled to mine too.

Edited by Heartless