Moved to new house!

samurai nightling

Moved into the new house yesterday, still packing and moving stuff, probably for a while. I'll get pics of it up asap, but i don't have internet over there until tomorrow at the earliest. I'm shooting for pictures to be up at least by the weekend if not early next week. My first house! Actually my first time moving out of my parents house...finally.

EDIT* Now with pics, see below!

Edited by samurai nightling

Congrats SN!

You started searching for a home, found one, got a loan, and closed all in about a month? That's madness! Well done though. Can't wait to see pictures.

Well done Unclean, we looked about a year before we found the right one. I'm picky though, takes me about 3 hours and 8 stores to find a pair of shoes I like.

Congrats SN!

You started searching for a home, found one, got a loan, and closed all in about a month? That's madness! Well done though. Can't wait to see pictures.

Well done Unclean, we looked about a year before we found the right one. I'm picky though, takes me about 3 hours and 8 stores to find a pair of shoes I like.

Oh, I was talking about how it was madness that SN found and closed on a home so quickly. But if the right opportunity comes along right away, why not?

I'm like you though, it took awhile to find our house. I think we went through a good 30-50 homes over 4 months. But we're not picky, we're "selective", right?

lol thanks guys. Yeah we looked at 10 houses all on one saturday. We came across the tenth house after about 6 disappointments and 3 possibilities. This house was #10. It's a bi-level, was in the middle of our price range, and was only 5 years old with new everything from the guy who bought it and redid everything. It's close to my job, and far enough away from my parents and hers that we dont worry about them always being here. The neighborhood seems quiet and the house was great so we jumped at it. I started looking back in the beginning of February so yeah it took a little over a month to find it, negotiate, get the inspection and appraisal and then close. We also got a great 5.25% interest rate, which is 4.25% for the first 12 months as a discount from the bank, and we got the $8000 tax credit, so we couldn't be more happy. But now that i have internet setup at the house, I'll get some pics on here this weekend for sure. Thanks again everyone!

Ok finally!!! here are the pictures. Warning, there's 32 of them :P And it took a lot of time to post these so appreciate them dangit! lol

107_1295.jpg

Front of the house from end of driveway.

107_1272.jpg

Here's the living room upstairs when you come in from the front door.

107_1273.jpg

Front entrance, its a bi-level so you either go up or down right away.

107_1274.jpg

New stainless steel appliances that came with the house!

107_1275.jpg

Another view of the kitchen and dishwasher.

107_1276.jpg

Kitchen and dining room connect, with sliding doors going out to the deck in the dining room. Pic taken from the living room.

107_1277.jpg

Deck out back from dining room.

107_1278.jpg

View when you look to the right.

107_1279.jpg

View looking kinda left, all my neighbors backyards. Most are fenced in in the neighborhood cuz there's a lot of dogs.

107_1280.jpg

Hallway on first floor leading to bedrooms/bathrooms.Pic from living room.

107_1281.jpg

First full bath in the main hallway, guest bathroom.

107_1282.jpg

Master bedroom, we're getting a bedroom set still, so this bed and stuff is just temporary.

107_1283.jpg

Full master bath adjoined to master bedroom. No tub, shower only.

107_1287.jpg

First spare bedroom on the right in the hall. This is going to be the office with the computer, book shelves etc.

107_1288.jpg

Second spare bedroom on the right that will have my old bed once we get the new one for the master bedroom.

107_1289.jpg

View as you come in the front entrance.

107_1290.jpg

Finished basement. Furniture still to come, probably wall mounting the LED TV right above where it's sitting if things look and work how we want.

107_1291.jpg

Random crap sitting on the ledge still from moving. Not sure where to put it all yet lol.

107_1292.jpg

View of the front portion of the house in the basement. Window looks out to the front porch area.

107_1293.jpg

The laundry room in the basement.

107_1294.jpg

New washer and dryer we just got! They work pretty nicely :)

107_1296.jpg

Steps leading to front entrance. That wood railing is going to get ripped out, it was just temporary because the inspectors said there had to be one for safety reasons. May put in a black rod iron rail that matches the rail in the top right you can see.

107_1297.jpg

Over-sized 2 car garage. Plenty of room in the back for a work bench/storage with 2 cars fitting nicely. We plan on painting it soon to cover up that drywall.

107_1298.jpg

Street view from the garage.

107_1299.jpg

Back of the house. We're going to build stairs down to the yard so that when we get a dog we can just let it out the back instead of walking around the house.

107_1300.jpg

View looking to the left down the street from front porch.

107_1301.jpg

View looking to the right up the street from front porch.

107_1302.jpg

Vaulted ceilings in upstairs living room. I like that!

107_1303.jpg

My 40" LED, most likely getting wall mounted soon.

107_1304.jpg

The half bath in the basement. House has 2 and a half baths.

107_1305.jpg

Master bedroom closet space.

107_1306.jpg

Partially filled pantry in the kitchen lol. You can see the stairs to the front door on the left side.

haha well some messes got cleaned up just a couple days ago. And well, i don't know I've just been putting things together, doing laundry, etc every single day before work. And maybe the fact that the only items i had to my name were things in a small bedroom at my parents house could have something to do with it. Bedroom set coming soon, new queen mattress and sectional couch being delievered on thursday, along with the phone guy hooking up a wall jack for the computer. After that we are smooth sailing for a little bit, the next step is ceiling fans/lights and curtains.