Counter Strike: Global Offensive

onyxdragoon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The video says that there will be a matchmaking (5v5) service for PC, MAC, 360 and PS3 but there will also be private servers for PC and MAC

I'm liking what I see so far. Now, if they will grant me my one wish...grenades that are effective.

We nerfed your grenades in the server config...I MEANT TO TELL YOU SOONER

No way :erm:

*snip*

Seems like the spread for the guns are toned down a bit... =\

*snip*

Not a fan of the buy wheel at all...looks so consoleish

Buy Wheel Console-ish? More like Appl-ish. Personally I like the new buy wheel. Makes all things close together without looking down a list, plus it gives it more room for the info and such.

The new HUD looks nice too you can see how many people are left on each team it looks like. The HP and Armor Bars, and Bullet track look Console-ish to me. Wouldnt mind some kind of drop down menu that shows your stuff when you cycle through weapons and stuff.

You should watch FPSRussian or w/e his name is, by watching his channel a lot of guns are highly accurate (Including shotguns) but games tone this down to balance it out so less than skilled can play too. Personally I find this highly annoying.

GC Alumni
(edited)

I think for the whole "cross platform" support, it's going to be PS3/PC/Mac that gets it, just like with Portal 2.

360 people will just have to play with themselves.

Nonetheless, even though I'm really skeptical about this game, I'm still looking forward to it because...come on, it's counter-strike. The crosshair seems too...I dunno, I'm too used to a cross crosshair...hope there is a way to change that so I don't have a spread box in there too. That's what I like about Valve though. They don't over hype their games by announcing it 5 years before the game even comes out or has any kind of gameplay footage of it. They announce a new game like at least 6 months before it has it's release date or before it's released.

Plus, I wonder why they moved B up near mid and moved the T spawn up in de_dust. Not really liking it too much, but maybe they're thinking the inside area/tunnel won't be so bottlenecked now.

Edited by JackieChan

Also noticed it seems they kept the exact same sound files from Source. Nothing new :( Still looks fun though.

could those still be under development and they are just using the old files for play testing purposes?

Apparently Valve has been demoing the current build to some pro teams and are making changes (over night in some cases) to reflect their feedback - so don't expect the final product to be exactly as it appears in the short trailers we're seeing so far. I'd link to the article but I can't find it anywhere.

Also, since I highly doubt Valve is going to attempt to sell this as stand alone (for consoles at least - considering past attempts) I expect it to be bundled with another game in the same vein as the Orange Box. That's purely speculation , but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if when they announce the actual release date of CS:GO that it will come as a bundle with EP3. Valve knows they don't need to so much as advertise EP3, don't need to plaster the internet with videos or screen shots, they could just release it and everyone would buy it no questions asked.