Just follow the rules

chick82

Its really that simple. I'm not going to call anyone out. But i'm tired of reading admins say well if you need us give us a shout. I messaged Jackie about issues but then I realized why should i have too. WHY are there so many regulars not following the rules.

I'm tired of people switching teams after the first scramble because they don't like they way the teams are. And then when they dominate and the other team wants a scramble their like oh no, don't vote its fair its fair. Last night someone said "I don't want to scramble cause I'm on the winning team". ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

And I'll tell you what we did get a scramble and then a rescramble bugged so we pretty much had the same team. And karma kicked it and we won, being down by 800 in the finale.

1) STOP TEAM SWITCHING!

2) STOP JUMPING OFF THE LEDGE IN NO MERCY TO FARM POINTS!

3) STOP SWEARING!

4) STOP RUSHING!

IF YOU DON"T WANT TO VOTESCRAMBLE JUST VOTE NO! STOP BEING A JERK AND SAYING OH WE DON"T NEED TO SCRAMBLE OR EVERYONE VOTE NO! LET PEOPLE THINK FOR THEMSELVES! AND STOP BEING SO SELFISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP ACTING LIKE CHILDREN FROM KINDERGARTEN COP WHEN HE LEAVES THE RUN FOR 2 MINS AND ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE!!!!! JUST FOLLOW THE RULES YOU AREN"T A LITTLE KID!

IT NEEDS TO STOP! THIS NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES BECAUSE ADMINS AREN'T AROUND IS REALLY GETTING OLD!

Chick, I just played a couple of rounds with you. You were complaining about the vote not going the way of team switching via vote. The vote happened twice and I was on the opposing team. You were complaining, but not sure to who.

When I was being ridiculed by infinty times and radical about the balance of the server it was OK and no one said anything and actually found it funny, but then lately (About 3 weeks), I just gave up and play and I am happy to play winning or loosing because the server is soo busy..

Its obvious that that you are biased some times when you are on the loosing side. Just saying.

Also, You missed the grenade launcher exploit on the lower door and boomer exploit on the elevator . Those exploits are nasty for those you know them.

Also, I was using the /join command the other day repeatedly not knowing the admins can see it. I thought you can only see ! and not /. I was doing it repeatedly because way too many people were waiting to join an open spot.

Funny thing is, Got 6 stole my spot. Anyway, I was kicked by administrator without warning. When I came back. I continued to do the the /join command, but a lot less figuring that was the problem. Eventually one admin spoke up and told me they can see that command.

I think I should have been warned before a kick.

Otherwise, I love the server and always play here!

(edited)

Chick, I just played a couple of rounds with you. You were complaining about the vote not going the way of team switching via vote. The vote happened twice and I was on the opposing team. You were complaining, but not sure to who.

Its obvious that that you are biased some times when you are on the loosing side. Just saying.

Wait I am not bias I will almost 95% of the time vote yes unless its finale or I feel it is even.

The Deadcenter game you are referring to were I said it was fair is because it was until the 3rd map. We both died pretty much at the start of map 1 and both teams died in about the same spot of map 2. It was about a 150 point difference. To me it felt like an evenly matched game so yes I said "It's pretty even".

A game that close I didn't feel needed a scramble, I mean we were both doing poorly. We did well in map 3, but then the game crashed.

The No mercy match was bad, and there was NO vote scramble, people were switching after it did the normal team scramble at the beginning of map 1 the one that always happens. That's what bothers me, and having people say it's fair, that switched teams to stack it really annoys me.\

And I have actually typed !votescramble when I'm on the winning team. I've done this a few times. I've been on teams with tirtul and said yep we are probably gonna need to scramble after we just dominated a team.

Edited by chick82

Most of the regulars on this server know when its stacked and yet they hit "no" when the votescramble comes up.

You know who you are.

Who cares if you win or lose ? how would you feel if you were on the team getting demolished?

Instead of ruining the game for everyone make it even and help the new people enjoy the server.

• Like 1

Yes. It's very obvious when teams are stacked. All you have to do is look at team rosters.

I see this all the time:

*New campaign with stacked Team A and new Team B*
*Round starts*
*Someone in Team B tries to votescramble*
Team A: Why scramble before we know scores? It is only first map.
*Votescramble fails*
*Round is over*
Team A: 1000 pts
Team B: 137 pts
*Map Change*

*Round start*
*Round is over*
Team A: 2200 pts
Team B: 324 pts
*Someone on Team B tries to votescramble*
*Map Change*
*Votescramble is lost because Team B votescrambles at end of round during map change*

*Round start*
*Someone on Team B tries to votescramble when Team A is fully loaded in while Team B is only half loaded in*
*Votescramble fails*
Team B: ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U NO SCRAMBLE?
Team A: Lol. Stop whining.
*Round is over*
Team A: 3750 pts
Team B: 478 pts
*Map Change*

*Finale start*
*Someone on Team B tries to votescramble*
Team A: Why scramble on finale!?
*Votescramble fails*
Team B: ಠ_ಠ
*Finale is over*
Team A: 5000 pts
Team B: 738 pts
*Campaign Change*

Onto the next campaign~!

Edited by TNGHuntard
  • Like 1

Isn't the whole point of the voting system to instate some level of democracy. If it was purely not about the points then there would be an auto scramble in the plugin after x number of points difference. We've all been on either ends of the game and honestly I've learned to just suck it up and make the best out of it even if the team chemistry is hopeless.

I'd say if i vote no to a votescramble, i either accidentally did it, or i truly feel teams are pretty even, and in that case ill usually veto the vote anyway. I will always let the first round complete before bringing up a votescramble unless teams are almost identical to the last campaign and they werent even then. If it's lopsided starting round 2, I try to force a scramble at the beginning, though I don't always do this, sometimes i just forget, or am not paying that much attention.

I love how everyone says they "always vote yes"....Not just the people that posted here, everyone *always* says they vote yes. But if they all did, there wouldn't be a problem.

If you want to make a difference when the vote-scramble fails, switch teams. Plain and simple.

Everyone says they're perfect outside of the game, but that never translates to in game.

Isn't the whole point of the voting system to instate some level of democracy. If it was purely not about the points then there would be an auto scramble in the plugin after x number of points difference. We've all been on either ends of the game and honestly I've learned to just suck it up and make the best out of it even if the team chemistry is hopeless.

Auto-scramble is near impossible to code

I remember being in a round that was 3500 to about 600 pts and I was on the losing team. A votescramble was called and it failed... With a near 3k point difference. So the next time I was on the opposite end of that situation I voted No out of spite.

Does that really make me a bad person? Well, yes. Yes it does. And no, I'm not proud of that.

I've since voted yes if there's been a real big variation in points. I never vote yes if there's only been one round. That is, when I see the vote. Sometimes I don't even notice the option on the left and it times out.

Auto-scramble is near impossible to code

There are servers that run on auto-scramble. But what I am trying to say is that since this server isn't running on a constant scramble, the score becomes a driver. And since people don't like to lose, there really isn't any encouragement to have the vote-scramble go through other than your conscience if the teams are heavily stacked with better players/regulars.

You know i will say as of late I've seen SK and badguy switching to the losing team when it's benn unbalanced and a scramble doesn't go through and ppl raged out. Myself talpa and crash did that last night we still lost but we tried. And we tried to scramble twice.

This thread is less about vote scramble and more about rules and just being fair.

I know scrambles don't guarantee a more even balanced game sometimes it can make it worse but the ideal of it gives that hope that maybe it can get better.

There are a lot I mean a lot of new people playing on the server. Some games it's like bam almost all regulars then others its like who's you only know like 4 ppl and the rest are all new. And sometimes it's regulars vs non it's just the way the scramble happened.

I think the issue with people saying vote no is you do get these new people who don't understand the vote and see someone saying oh no don't say yes everyone vote no and some people get the wrong ideal of what a scramble is.

I do however like for the most part that the admins don't usually force it. 95% of the time they let people decide. While I don't always like the outcome I like that they let us choose.

And cink I know what you mean by being jaded I have those moments where in a previous game they said no and now those same people want a scramble and I'm like you said no why should I say yes. But I realized I can't be like that cause then I'm no better than them.

I remember being in a round that was 3500 to about 600 pts and I was on the losing team. A votescramble was called and it failed... With a near 3k point difference. So the next time I was on the opposite end of that situation I voted No out of spite.

Does that really make me a bad person? Well, yes. Yes it does. And no, I'm not proud of that.

I've since voted yes if there's been a real big variation in points. I never vote yes if there's only been one round. That is, when I see the vote. Sometimes I don't even notice the option on the left and it times out.

its rare for me to vote no. I usually vote yes just because i usually like fair teams myself. but here's my question. how do i switch to the losing team if both teams are full? without getting anyone else to leave the server.

and as far as that votescramble that thing sucks. I remember one game where we switched 3 times on one map..... it made the teams more stacked LAWL!!!! FAIL!!!!!

If u guys can tell me how to go to the losing team without losing a spot when its full then I'll do it. I DON'T CARE!!!! (majority of the time)

<3

Yuri

P.s. Sink, was it that day when I was playing with u and then I GOT SWITCHED and was booming all over ur body? :prplwacko:

Edited by Flitterkill

One thing I have realized with the votescramble is that the teams are mostly unfair after the votescramble than before. It happens a lot it does not always work out in the favor or the losing team.

Also why is my favorite font "comic sans" gone?

Edited by Harrold