Give members access to change mission vote?

napalm22

what about when its just a regular campaign switch and only a few people dont want to play said campaign?

That's why its a vote. You need a majority of people to vote for the change. This feature is already built in to L4D2, its just disabled on the GC server.

!rtv with majority rule would work. If we want to see less No Mercy and Parish, we can limit to only two random map options, plus a stay course option in case both options are sh*tty.

Never like swamp fever nor cold stream, don't mind seeing them less often :D

Perhaps a way for members to pull up a map change vote but some how limit it to maps that haven't been played for 3-4 rounds or just a random map will load if the vote passes.

Less No Mercy please..... I still love that map but I am sick of logging on and that's whats playing.

Edited by Madvillain

While my servers were stable when sky gaming closed down, back when stability was an issue, I implemented a little thing where two things would be saved, in case of server crash:

the current scores of both teams, and the current map.

In the event of a crash, when the system booted up, it would read the database and see that these values weren't null, and would immediately switch to that map and set those scores.

The other method, if databases aren't your flavour, is to simply save the values to a text file. If the file is blank, the script will simply leave things as they are.

It's a relatively easy option, and if you sound interested in that, I've no problem linking the code that represents that functionality.