Keeping the Fun in the GC Server

Sess1on

So let me get this straight. Because one butthurt member who rarely ever plays on the server got mad and demanded things to change simply because THEY didn't like it and now everyone just suddenly caves to their demands? This is an online gaming server for crying out loud not some classroom. Yes, of course there's rules but we are here to have fun and I'd say 98% of all regulars would agree with me that NOTHING was wrong with how the server was run and how the admins were doing their job. So why then all the changes? No talpa challenge, no Arnold soundboard, no admin fun. And for what? So one member could be happy?

Let me just point out that for the year or so I've been apart of GC and played here the GC L4D2 server has NEVER BEEN SO DAMN POPULAR AS IT IS NOW. Seriously, most nights the server is COMPLETELY filled with members and it's a great time for everyone. If this was such a huge problem I don't think we'd have so many new members and regulars throwing money at the GC like they are right now.

I don't know who decided to take the fun out of the server but I really think you need to re-evaluate that decision.

• Like 1

I have to say i'm with Session on this one.

I believe that there have been cases where some admin's conduct really enervated some members and they probably had good reasons to get upset about it, however i also believe that these cases should still be judged individually. Taking away all the 'fun' commands and looseness around the server, is going to really hurt it in the long run.

If there's one bear sighting in town in 50 years, do you spend millions on bear security? (The Simpsons)

Or as we say in Dutch: don't throw away the baby with the bathwater.

• Like 1

(edited)

I don't know who decided to take the fun out of the server but I really think you need to re-evaluate that decision.

Jackie does not like bickering is the impression I get:

Update:

-Removed Talpa Challenge

-Removed Fun Commands Plugin

-Removed Custom Commands Plugin

-Added Teleport/Respawn Player plugin to be used in emergencies (sm_respawn <player>; sm_teleport <player>)

-Added NoClip plugin to be used in emergencies

Edited by fxsoap

So many things I want to say. This server is fun, but many people are taking the fun away from it. Too many rules dont make the server better. We can all understand certain rules that need to be upheld, but certain things are for fun. For example, when Jackie is a car or wears a car hat. That is for fun. No one complains. When Talpa challenge is given to certain people. That is also for fun. In term of sessions sound board..... Honestly, I love it. Its one of the best things on the server. Only one person does it, and its funny and in good taste. Never have I seen Session tinkle off anyone with it except for one member. 1 member does not represent the entire community.

I would prefer if session is the only person who is allowed to play the sound board.

Fun is subjective. One persons kind of fun could be another persons bane.

Cheating is fun, why should there be a rule against?

EDIT: Yea went to the extreme end of the bar there.

Yeah, but in the case of cheating, one person's fun is everyone else's bane, not just one other person.

So we are trying to figure out just how many people are annoyed by the fun commands/sound board etc

• Like 1

I would prefer if session is the only person who is allowed to play the sound board.

nope

and session u didnt pay attn to what was posted. GJ buddy

I love to have fun as you know, session, but I myself have been warned and crap like that due to having so much fun. In fact I was told to shut up. I'm being told this and that by different admins on what i can say on the server. But do i like the fact that I can't be myself on the server when certain ppl get on it because of how serious they are about the game? You aren't realizing that what kira posted wasn't the only thing that was taking the fun out of the game. Some ppl , including admins, do the same for me. They take the fun out of the game which is why some of us prefer not to play on the server when those ppl are on. i'm not tryin to point fingers or anything but im just saying don't blame kira all for this.

I love getting slapped. or gettin drugged (not irl :P ). I always want to have a hat on or want to be dressed as a bus or a car which is BA. I want to laugh all the time but again those certain ppl who go on the server just take it away. I won't say those names but they know who they are and if they don't their full of themselves.

why cant we all just have fun

and im sure some of the admins have noticed that i dont play much anymore. those ppl are the reasons why. and as far as the ppl who ask me to play now u know.. there are ppl on that server that just ruin the game

Edited by LadyYuri

there are ppl on that server that just ruin the game

Enough!!! God I'm so sick and tired of hearing ppl say well I don't play bc of this person or that person no yuri you aren't the only one who has said it.

I'm sick and tired of hearing it honestly, there are people who don't or didn't like me I.e. times and SK but we are all cool now. Not that SK and I ever had beef but I thought he disliked me so I disliked him but then one day I just was like why are we fake fighting lol.

Honestly, not everyone likes everyone that plays some people are casual some are hardcore some are arrogant why others just ignore everything being said.

Tbh I really dislike dryfire and I know the feeling is mutual, BUT we squash it and play I still heal him (he gets dropped a lot) and he still says good job if I do something super awesome. Why bc we just want to play.

If you let someone stop you from playing then you are just denying yourself something you like to do and why? Bc of disagreements bc of something foolish bc they don't like your voice/your play style/ your jokes/ your soundboards.

Just quit playing if it is soooo bad because of one or two people heck it might be 10 people so what.

We've all had our feelings hurt at some point or another someone's yelled at us insulted us it is what it it's a game and it gets heated.

And I'll be the first to admit I know im one of these peolle yuri doesnt like to play with. yes I yelled at yuri one day and I was pretty mean, it was a close game and I got mad at something she did. It is what it is, am I sorry no honestly its a game and people get mad I can't and don't expect people to apologize to me for a heated moment and I won't apologize either (except to session that's our relationship though). It just happens.

I annoy and aggravate people just as people aggravate and annoy me, but I'm not going to stop playing because of it. Cause I'm a party hat and no one throws the party hat away!

• Like 2

This is ridiculous, sessions soundboard is probably the most entertaining thing ever. I will stay away from the server until he gets it back..

no not really but i feel like the person that doesnt like the soundboard can just mute session anyways.

(edited)

I am also tinkled that the jockey spawns don't go all the way up to 11. Alas, the great injustice!

Edit: Auto-censorship?! What is going on here?!!

Edited by Socks

This is ridiculous, sessions soundboard is probably the most entertaining thing ever. I will stay away from the server until he gets it back..

he was playing yesterday i think...

Honestly, I haven't played on the server much but the point of taking away some of the "fun" stuff was because it was getting to be too much. Even before the soundboards, talpa challenge, etc, people still had fun on the server. If there is too many people having "fun" then who will be playing left 4 dead?

• Like 1

The "Fun" factor has had a lot of issues, I think. There was fun before all these extra things, like Cake said. I mean, a lot of the players are more concerned with being on the team with a higher score value than having fun, and it's been such an issue that jackie has considered just removing scoring altogether. I think he's trying to just smooth out the bits here and there to try to make as many people happy as possible. But, lesson learned, you can't please everyone.

I certainly do. I stack whatever team session's on when I can because I want to laugh when i play. I'd rather laugh the entire campaign and lose (which is awesome to de-stress after work) than to play with tryhards who rage because their team went down 400 pts in a round.

• Like 1

I certainly do. I stack whatever team session's on when I can because I want to laugh when i play. I'd rather laugh the entire campaign and lose (which is awesome to de-stress after work) than to play with tryhards who rage because their team went down 400 pts in a round.

Just come in vent, Session is 10x funnier in vent and you can still hear him in-game.

Just come in vent, Session is 10x funnier in vent and you can still hear him in-game.

seriously?

koolaid.jpg

What was posted:

nope

and session u didnt pay attn to what was posted. GJ buddy

I love to have fun as you know, session, but I myself have been warned and crap like that due to having so much fun. In fact I was told to shut up. I'm being told this and that by different admins on what i can say on the server. But do i like the fact that I can't be myself on the server when certain ppl get on it because of how serious they are about the game? You aren't realizing that what kira posted wasn't the only thing that was taking the fun out of the game. Some ppl , including admins, do the same for me. They take the fun out of the game which is why some of us prefer not to play on the server when those ppl are on. i'm not tryin to point fingers or anything but im just saying don't blame kira all for this.

I love getting slapped. or gettin drugged (not irl :P ). I always want to have a hat on or want to be dressed as a bus or a car which is BA. I want to laugh all the time but again those certain ppl who go on the server just take it away. I won't say those names but they know who they are and if they don't their full of themselves.

why cant we all just have fun

and im sure some of the admins have noticed that i dont play much anymore. those ppl are the reasons why. and as far as the ppl who ask me to play now u know.. there are ppl on that server that just ruin the game

What I took away:

I love getting slapped.

I know that I've said some hurtful things and I'm sorry... so COME BACK TO ME!

(video mildly related. did she cheat on a white guy?)

whenever i encounter a player that i don't like, i just don't heal them until they go down.... petty, yes. but it makes me feel better. then i call it even and play like normal. there are certain players that i know there exists a mutual dislike, i just ignore them and play on, i mean it's hard to hate a guy who heals you over and over again.

BRING THE SOUND BOARD BACK!! I miss randomly laughing whenever malo states, "I got tank money" i hear "You must be very proud of yourself." ESPECIALLY when i don't expect it.

I might have one of my trademark changes of heart, but when people STILL use soundboards when I specifically ask people not to, you're not only mocking the server, but me as well. This is prime example of people trying to touch something that has a "DO NOT TOUCH" sign next to it, then getting a hissy fit when they get in trouble. You guys are adults, not kids. Stop trying to act like kids who giggle when they get away with something. Don't make me have all admins mute the entire server if this crap continues.

Ever since the ban, I've never heard anyone play a sound board and I play a lot. Albeit I can only hear half the players at any given moment. It could also have been new people who have sound boards who don't know the server rules.

Ever since the ban, I've never heard anyone play a sound board and I play a lot. Albeit I can only hear half the players at any given moment. It could also have been new people who have sound boards who don't know the server rules.

ppl are just quoting the sound board now, not using it....so its half as fun as they might have had before

Edited by fxsoap