Need Opinions on Changes

JackieChan

Read Below  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Again, making a new topic to get opinions about these changes I want to make...and because I like running things by you guys before I alter stuff you guys are so used to.  At least one of which may drastically change how the game is played.

1. Full Heal isn't really a full heal

What this means is that Full Heal for Survivors would get a nerf.  Your first full heal would give you 100 health; unchanged to how it is now.  Any full heal bought after that would only give you 80 health (still would reset incap counts and heal black and white status).

2. Making Special Ammo more expensive

More-so referring to Explosive ammo.  It would be significantly more expensive.  Don't know what the cost would be yet, but it would be more expensive.

3. Scarce Ammo?

This change would remove all ammo piles from the server making ammo something you would have to prioritize along with health.  You could still buy ammo for your gun, but a change would allow Survivors to place their own ammo piles around the level for a cost.

Constructive replies only please.  Any joke posts will be removed.  I want this to be cereal.

Change 1, sounds good to me, not a drastic change, but helps infected a little

Change 2, definitely need to make explosive ammo more expensive, its a pain in the butt, especially vs deadly witches

Change 3, as long as I can still buy ammo when I need it, removing ammo piles is fine with me.  being able to buy ammo piles for the group is cool!

yes, yes and no, kinda...

-i dont see a problem whit making full heal work like vanilla med kits. 

-make it so buying the explosive anmo pack is a better buy, pooling points and such.

also, 5/7 points for 1 vanilla clip sounds about right, right now it gives more or less a double clip, right? (not to mention that if you get a double clip whit 0 anmo it glitches)

-you cray cray jackie? making anmo something you HAVE to buy would scare away new people, methinks. plus i would never have enought to buy a heal ;_;

limit it to 1 or 2 anmo piles per level (one before all map-scripted tanks? sound complex to script in tho) as for buying anmo piles, sounds fishy to me... it would promote point pooling butt... it smells wrong to me. duno why. ...what about an "auto-refill for eveyone when depleted" kind of thing?

just my 2 3 cents.

NO - i don't really care about this, 80hp or 100 hp, survivors still get the same movement speed (AFAIK).

YES - no explanation

NO - with the amount of new players arriving in this server, i find this change to be really "extreme".

Change 2, definitely need to make explosive ammo more expensive, its a pain in the butt, especially vs deadly witches

it is -5 net points though, and that's only if you get the witch kill

wouldn't mind witches going faster/ be cheaper to balance

#1 Sure. Have you considered maybe changing the cost rather than the HP amount? maybe 1st heal costs 10, then 15, then 20, then 25 etc. It would make it more tactical about when you use it kinda like doter2 bkb.

#2 I'm not so sure about this. You risk nerfing it to the point that noone uses it. And there are certain places where you almost HAVE to have explosive or you instalose to the infected. I'd suggest maybe removing the personal purchase and making it so you can only buy the team pack.

#3 Maybe. If it's too scarce I will just buy mp5s for 2 points whenever I need more ammo.

#1 Sure. Have you considered maybe changing the cost rather than the HP amount? maybe 1st heal costs 10, then 15, then 20, then 25 etc. It would make it more tactical about when you use it kinda like doter2 bkb.

Just had an idea...instead of this, the further in the level you are, the more expensive a full heal costs?  Maybe that would be too complicated for new players...  10, 15, then 20.

• Like 2

Just had an idea...instead of this, the further in the level you are, the more expensive a full heal costs?  Maybe that would be too complicated for new players...  10, 15, then 20.

The higher the PPM, the expensive the heal.

You could output the checkpoints to the chat window to make it clearer I guess. It already says something like "Survivors have reached a checkpoint! +1 Point received." You could add to that "Full heals now cost 20 points"

i played cold rain whit the new changes.

-didnt even notice the heal thing, i was tanked again almost instantly aniway lol

-i weirdly do special anmo, so no coment there

-didnt notice the lack of anmo piles till the last map. in retrospective it wrecked my gaming, but it did made me more aware of my anmo so its good i guess?

next camp: the passing, played only the first map but it REALY messed me up. inbetwen fireworks, pipes, pills and medkits i couldnt get enough points to buy anmo, had to go whit the double guns for a slow and drawn out masacre... althoug we DID survive a double tanking.

Edited by anzul

i played cold rain whit the new changes.

-didnt even notice the heal thing, i was tanked again almost instantly aniway lol

-i weirdly do special anmo, so no coment there

-didnt notice the lack of anmo piles till the last map. in retrospective it wrecked my gaming, but it did made me more aware of my anmo so its good i guess?

next camp: the passing, played only the first map but it REALY messed me up. inbetwen fireworks, pipes, pills and medkits i couldnt get enough points to buy anmo, had to go whit the double guns for a slow and drawn out masacre... althoug we DID survive a double tanking.

I didn't implement the changes yet...

LOL

Wut? one of you is definitely trolling.

I didn't implement the changes yet...

LOL

then why didnt we found a single anmo pile in that whole campaign? and there wasnt any on the passing neither.

hmm, now that i think about it, it was a stacked game and we died pretty early in all but the last map.

Edited by anzul