How many Languages do you speak?

Xterminator

Being Malaysian, I speak Malay, so that's one. Taught and spoke british english all my life, so that's two. Being chinese, learnt mandarin, that's three. And i speak another 2 dialects from both sides of my parents. That makes 3 languages and 2 dialects. Picking up spanish and soon, hopefully, german. i suck in my spanish though.. :( can't understand nor speak for nuts..

I took 4 years of French in High School and went to France for 17 days when I was 17 and can barely speak a sentence of it now. I also took a quarter of German in college (got a B) but then decided to drop out of that school.

I am still trying to master English. (Actually I took 4 years of Spanish, scored in the top 7th percentile on the National Spanish Exam, and cannot speak a lick now) However, I can still order grilled ground hog in a Mexiacan restaraunt :)

hm.. for some reason I can pass Spanish with As with out trying yet I fail English and try my hardest and English is my main language. I speak English, Internet slang(if u count that), Spanish, German, and *some* french.

hm.. for some reason I can pass Spanish with As with out trying yet I fail English and try my hardest and English is my main language. I speak English, Internet slang(if u count that), Spanish, German, and *some* french.

English is tough to master, as I guess any language is. I used to be an English major, but gave it up for computers. However, it is still my favorite subject.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I speak English somewhat fluently.

I used to be fluent in Latin.

I used to be fluent in Texican (a mixture of English and poor spanish that is spoken by many immigrants in...yes, you guessed it Texas).

I know a good bit of french, a little bit of german, and am learning Korean from the cleaning guy in my building at work (who is korean).

I also am fluent in Java, C++, Visual Basic, Perl, and HTML

man my french teacher, he knows about 6 languages, he was speakin to us in them He knows:

French

English

German

Spanish

Greek

And this other language with really weird symbols :blink: