Opinion on Swamp Fever?

grammyclark

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Finished the finale.  Didn't add much to it.  Added a couple visability/LOS blockers and 4 hittable logs for the Tank, all before you reach the ladder.  Also added 1 tall hedge in the hedge yard as well because why not.  Maybe this evening we can finally take it for a test drive.  The campaign switcher plugin will also display "Jackie's Swamp Fever" because it's better than what it was before.

GC Server Admin

thanks JC. 

forgive me but the spot next to the two story building i use to smoke from is blocked off now. The second floor of the  building is  blocked, where it is ez to kill survivors.

Lots of spots that use to be good to kill survivors are blocked.  (maybe not lots but some)

In my humble opinion

• Like 1

GC Server Admin

Here is a pic of the one area

I/we  get some good smoke/death charges here. It ez to smoke them out of the house and if they go to that side of the house it is very bad for them

post-4144-0-26498100-1438429903_thumb.jpg

played a bit of the first map of swamp yesterday, great work on the town jackie, it feels more challenging now, like you REALY need to rush out of those zones.

a couple things i noticed:

-infected bots were getting stuck behind the rock thats near the engine used to call the boat. they cant be seem by survivors and just stay there forever.

they also got stuck on the upper room of the mini store, but that place is fun, if you go there to avoid spitt or boom you get smoked and stuff.

-on the river, if you smoke from the leftmost rock and your prey goes a over the car in the shore, its a guaranteed kill.

it felt kinda too easy of a kill spot tbh, maybe you could put the rock a bit farther away from the shore?

A few of us were having an issue with crashing last night. 

First three chapters, I crashed on all three while rocket booming in. I believe MadVillain also crashed while rocketing in. Peanut crashed a couple times, also both on infected.

• Like 1

(edited)

played it trough yesterday (on low graphics settings)

my honest opinion is that it is fun but way too loaded.

map 1 is overall pretty great but the extra trip to the first saferoom at the end is too much, we(i) got lost and couldnt see the path after we spoted the train wreck. we got tank'd there

map 2 overstays its maze-y welcome, its fun at first (its like parish's maze extended) but then it turns into a strugle finding which way you are suposed to go, some paths are far too covered and you have to go blind trough them, and then theres the ones whit walls where i have to strafe to the sides repeteadly in hopes of finding the way out.

map 3 was ok. but still too many trees.

i think the whole campaign would become more fun both visualy and in gamplay, if you used more wood/green fences instead of those solid-bushes and toned it down on the "blind paths" like that bridge in the 3rd map, or the house frame that you go trough & starting botleneck right in the begining on the 2nd map

all that said, i prefer it now over how it was previously, but if this is gona go on the regular rotation it will still empty the server. too demanding on the graphics.

if its just meant to be a special map that we will play now and then like pathing nights and such, its perfect how it is, dont change anything.

A few of us were having an issue with crashing last night. 

First three chapters, I crashed on all three while rocket booming in. I believe MadVillain also crashed while rocketing in. Peanut crashed a couple times, also both on infected.

iirc, sassy and dixie said they crashed as well.

Edited by anzul

• 2 weeks later...