• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

At sister-in-law's place on their *Barf* HP P4 system. Using dial up with a Lucent Winmodem. Can you say 24.4 connection on AOL. Blah.

Anyway Fatty, do not worry about that 9600 pro. It is a great card and the best way to go is to over clock it. When the card is overclocked, it competes neck to neck with the 9500 pro when it is overclocked. The extra core speed of the 9600 pro and the improvements on the hyper-z memory system makes it as good as a 9500 pro or better on many games. Just make sure you keep your drivers up to date. I normally go with the Omega drivers when using ATI cards. He makes the image quality better without a loss of fps. Usually you will get better frame per second in GAMES. Do not expect higher fps in 3dmark.

If you need help OC that card fatty, let me know. There are tools built into the Omega drivers to Overclock, and visit www.rage3d.com every now and then. You can get an idea of how high that card can OC, then just go a little bit slower and call it good.

GC Founder
Liez...he lost your money at a blackjack table.

I LIKE the case....me = jealous.

Yep, NCC said that there case will take 30 ms off my ping time to ALL SERVERS. I said SAAAWWEEEET! GImme that!!

ZD: If this system doesn't wow me w/o overclocking then I'll kick its donkey. (now you have to guess, do i mean ncc or the puter?)

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Fatty, the 9600 pro will wow you just the same. BUT ATI underclocked it quite a bit so it would not mess with 9800 pro sales. Also, it is ATI's first vid card that uses the smaller processing technique which means it runs cooler. So overclocking is easy to do with that card with awesome results.

jw wondering fat, what power supply did you use? cause i liked the case you had, and was looking it up and it comes w/o. jw how much that ran you and how many watts you went? in a couple months i will be building myself a comp and wanted some input.

Fatty Posted on Sep 17 2003, 06:50 PM

If this system doesn't wow me w/o overclocking then I'll kick its donkey. (now you have to guess, do i mean ncc or the puter?)

Since you said it's donkey...imma have to go with ncc?

So are you pretty happy Fat? You built a system that was very similar to the system that I will be running when my case comes in and I can afford a nice little ATI vid card too.

Funny thing is...I got to play with ya tonight, and you still didn't seem to be all that good? :unsure:o0o

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Fatty, 100 fps in cs is nothing if you are not running the game with 4x AA and 16x AF while playing. Make sure you put on the most up to date drivers as well.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Rizad, I know that. But if he can do it at those settings, then he may not need to worry about OC his card any.... at least until HL2 comes out.