A riddle

Trouble .gc

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Dweez, here's one for ya (unless someone beats ya to the punch):

A man is condemned to death. He is given to say a last statement; if it is truth he is hanged to death and if it is false he is poisoned. He uttered his last sentence from which he escaped. What is the last statement?

You will poison me. If it is true he will be hung, therefore making his sentence false. If they poison him it will make his statement true, therefore making his sentence false again.

woah it makes me think.

i think riddle 2 has an error in it

*Riddle #2*

What walks on 4 legs in the mourning,

Walks on 2 legs in the evening,

and Walks on 3 legs at night?

it should be

what walks on 4 legs in the beginning of it's life

walks on 2 legs in the middle of it's life

and walks on 3 legs near the end of it's life

Actually X, there is a mistake in riddle #2 but not how you think...instead of mourning, it should be morning. In this riddle, a person's life is compared to a day. In the morning of our life we are infants and children, from noon until early evening of our life we are teens/adults, and in the evening or dusk of our lives we are elders/elderly.

Question on the feather/bricks question, are we talking short ton or long ton?

On the bullet question, are you speaking of the shell casing or the bullet (lead) itself. If we are talking the casing, I would have to say the one dropped hits first due to the fact that when the gun is shot the casing is shot up and out of the chamber before falling to the ground. If we are talking about the bullet itself, I would say it depends on which way the gun is pointed, obviously if it were pointed at the ground, the one being shot would hit first.

Ghost,Nov 8 2003, 03:21 AM] A man is found dead.  He was found in an alley way wearing a very spiffy tuxedo.  There is a bullet hole in his head, and 52 bicycles spread out all around him.  How did he die? (obviously he was shot but what are the circumstances surounding his death?)

He was caught cheating in a card game, the bicycles are the cards.

what goes down a chimney down, but can't go up a chimney up..

but can go up a chimney down but can't go down a chimney up?

i may be impressed if you can get it  :D

Just a guess, water...goes down as rain, cant go up because of gravity; once it's in there it gets boiled into steam and goes up the chimney.

what goes down a chimney down, but can't go up a chimney up..

but can go up a chimney down but can't go down a chimney up?

i may be impressed if you can get it  :D

Prepare to be amazed.

.An umbrella

Question on the feather/bricks  question, are we talking short ton or long ton?

On the bullet question, are you speaking of the shell casing or the bullet (lead) itself. If we are talking the casing, I would have to say the one dropped hits first due to the fact that when the gun is shot the casing is shot up and out of the chamber before falling to the ground. If we are talking about the bullet itself, I would say it depends on which way the gun is pointed, obviously if it were pointed at the ground, the one being shot would hit first.

i was talking bout shooting the gun straight forward and then just dropping the bullet in which case they would hit the ground at the same time. Whether the bullet is moving forward or it is falling straight down gravity pulls down on both bullets with the same acceleration (9.8 meters oer second squared). Thus no matter how far the bullet is shot if it continues to move forward without being stopped by anyting it will hit the ground at the same momebt the dropped bullet does. (Yes i did say acceleration because gravity is considered acceleration.)

And your being sarcastic about that ton thing right?

Edited by PHYZER23