Post your 3DMark and PCMark scores here

Guest happyman

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ABIT/Asus all the way.

although I've never had an Asus mobo I do have an Asus shirt and I like it pretty good,

Just not as much as my ABIT mobo's.

:)

I had trouble with my last ABIT mobo and Ive never had any trouble with my ASUS ones. Im a big ASUS supporter when it comes to mobos :P

I'd like the $55 Biostar variety, but that 9800 Pro I have is a fairly large card. The Asus A7N8X-X would give the card enough room that it wouldn't be right next to the RAM, like most boards would have it.

good eye. my asus p4p800 i have to take my agp card out to remove dimm #1's ram. kind of annoying.

(edited)
i put in a 53 dollar nforce2 biostar for my roomate, the placement of the ram was not a problem at all.

You and your roommate sound very close.

I dl'ed 3dmark2001se again lastnight and i scored a 10,875..

AMD xp1700+ oc'd to xp1900+

ECS k7s5a mb 266fsb

512 megs of pc-3200 cas2.5

Radeon 9700np

Accually i got the chip and mem runnin at 333mhz, been that way since the weekend, and not a problem yet..

Edited by Batman

I get my taxes tomorrow, im ordering a new MB and CPU. And maybe another stick of 512 mem.. :)

Ill get a Barton with a faster fsb. NOFX showed me a sweet mb on newegg that im gonna get..

I dont know why though everything is running good now.. Although id like to get more than the 50-60 fps im getting with FarCry right now. I would have guessed the game was running faster than that cause it looked very smooth. But when i turned on fraps i saw what it was running at and i was disapointed.. Im just not happy unless its over 85 steady..

i put in a 53 dollar nforce2 biostar for my roomate, the placement of the ram was not a problem at all.

You and your roommate sound very close.

lol funny..... :boo:

:lol:

:lol:

Leave it to Batman to come up with something like that LOL

:peace::D

I get my taxes tomorrow, im ordering a new MB and CPU.  And maybe another stick of 512 mem.. :)

Ill get a Barton with a faster fsb.  NOFX showed me a sweet mb on newegg that im gonna get..

I dont know why though everything is running good now..  Although id like to get more than the 50-60 fps im getting with FarCry right now.  I would have guessed the game was running faster than that cause it looked very smooth.  But when i turned on fraps i saw what it was running at and i was disapointed..  Im just not happy unless its over 85 steady..

Well, if you want to play around with kid's stuff.....

Let me know if you want to sit at the adult table with us other Athlon64 owners. I can spec something for you.

Homer,Mar 31 2004, 01:33 PM] Well, if you want to play around with kid's stuff.....

Let me know if you want to sit at the adult table with us other Athlon64 owners.  I can spec something for you.

Your right man, all i need is a MB and CPU. I have the pc-3200 and radeon9700.

Im working right now, give me some links to a MB+AMD64 chip!!!

Leave it to Batman to come up with something like that LOL

:peace:  :D

true. Hey wilco, do you ever get on aim anymore? or irc? I'd like to chat with you about th3fall3n.

rarely if ever on aim....but am still on irc daily....in fact i still idle our old fall3n channel....out of nostalgia i suppose :)

Anandtech Editors Choice at Newegg for $91.

I have an IDE RAID setup I wanted to hang on to (couldn't afford new SATA pair of drives) so I got an Asus K8V Deluxe for $150.

Good boards can be found for near or under $100 easily though. I'd check on the VIA K8T800 chipset boards - Aopen, Asus, Abit, Gigabyte, Albatron, Biostar, MSI - and look for the best features.

Get a retail CPU, the HSF that comes with it is excellent. The 3000 is $226, the 3200 is $285. In case you haven't noticed what I'm running:

A64/3000 @ 2.2ghz (200mhz OC)

Asus K8V Deluxe

9800 Pro

512mb x1 Corsair XMS PC3200 DDR 2-3-3-6 1T @ 220mhz (this RAM is great, although I bought it when I was on the 266mhz bus - for an upgrade I would get PC3500, 3700, 4000 now if I was buying it from scratch so I might get a higher overclock)

2x WD 80gb SE in RAID 0

...and here's what I get:

moneyshot1.jpg