Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

Intellectual Type is a Visionary Philosopher

... what is that supposed to mean?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can tell by the scores that this IQ test is bull (I haven't taken it).

First off, IQ tests are the most accurate when taken in the 4th grade. It also forces you to use your hands, eyes and ears to answer questions. I took mine in the 4th grade as it was mandatory in my school at the time.

The average IQ is a little less than 100.

Online IQ tests are incomplete at best. IQ doesn't measure how smart you are but how smart you can be given the right environment. So, you can be a complete moron and still score high on the IQ test if you are not working to your potential.

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

Dude, DJ, I've taken plenty of IQ tests. both online and otherwise, and I average about a 153. You'd think that if these tests were incomplete as you say that there'd be a large spread between my results, but there's only about 6 points between my lowest and highest scores. Maybe you're just a cynic, or got a bad score and are sour about it or something...

By the way, the answer to my question was that IQ tests were originally used to determine if someone was qualified to be a civil servant in Paris. Thanks for all the wonderful answers, not. :P

my score was almost the exact same as the Waxler test I took in grade school. But DJ is right, these tests are pretty much bullcrap. There is a large margin of people who might not score well who are extremely intelligent.

Dude, DJ, I've taken plenty of IQ tests. both online and otherwise, and I average about a 153. You'd think that if these tests were incomplete as you say that there'd be a large spread between my results, but there's only about 6 points between my lowest and highest scores. Maybe you're just a cynic, or got a bad score and are sour about it or something...

I'm stating researchable facts (I can provide references if you need). Where are yours? Maybe you should consider trying to respond w/o knocking on me personally.

Guest the mack
Guest the mack
Guest the mack
Guests

did dj get a bad score? ;)

the wink face is weird

yah online IQ test are bull hehe. I mean DREW got higher than me, geeze! and thats enough said!

But really, right now its just how in deep you get into the questions. I doubt anyone here actually tried very hard on this test, i know i didnt. Ive never gotten consistent IQ test scores. Just go by the SATs and PSATs they may not be accurate but they are what counts.

Either people are full of it, or the test is bad. You can't even try to convince me that so many here are above the cut off for genius (140). The oneupmanship of online egos continues to surprise me, but I'm not sure why...

I know, let's all find our actual IQ tests from school and scan them in....

Isn't it funny how this type of topic ends up just like when someone posts a fun game and people start posting their scores?

Umm... I dunno bout you guys... but I'm pretty dumb... I'm always charging through the double doors all alone in this place called aztec... ...but I think I playa mean game of chess :ph34r::D

Me Fail English?   Thats Unpossible...

-Ralph Wiggum

I'm from CAA-nada...  dey tink I'm sloooww

-That other Simpson's kid, when Bart gets put in the remedial class.

I wonder how people took the test. I did each page without looking anything up or taking more then a couple minutes per page. I am kinda amazed, like Fatty, by all the high school kids with 150+ scores....and here I thoguht we had the dumbing down of America going on hahahaha.

Anyways. Mine was 135 so I am not a genius. Oh well....life goes on.

Yes,, I agree. Our community is MUCH more intelligent than most Americans. Although I would expect a bunch of computer nerds like us to score higher than the average 100, the numbers are ASTOUNDING.

Take a look here for all of you that scored >140, you plethora of geniuses you!

Mensa USA! :rolleyes:

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

LongHair, that "other kid" was named Gordie. Just so ya know.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

i think online tests are kind of dumb, because I got a 153, and only a 33 on my ACT...which was many eons ago.

I don't know if these online tests are in depth enough, or even score them correctly.

lol, yea, the tests have been proven to be not reliable, online ones anyways, the actual IQ test IS valid however.

edit- lol, i got a 198, proof of the faulty system. i wanna take a real IQ test someday though.

Guest [Rangers] Word
Guest [Rangers] Word
Guest [Rangers] Word
Guests

I love these IQ tests, after I finished the test I thought I was a genius too (168), but then I saw the advertisement at the end "Order your Personalized IQ Report now for only $14.95. This introductory offer won't last long." It's all hype. I bet almost everyone gets over 120 (isn't it odd that not a single person got under 100) so they will think they are geniuses and buy a Personalized IQ Report. I know I guessed on several, so my 168 probably doesn't mean I'm a genius, and I doubt too many of you are either.