3. 3. Infected - Jockey - Rocket damage & point gain

• Too little.
    • Perfectly balanced.
    • Too much.
  4. 4. Infected - Smoker - Overall strength & effectiveness

• Too weak.
    • Perfectly balanced.
    • Too strong.
  5. 5. Infected - Hunter - Max high pounce damage (25)

• Too low.
    • Perfectly balanced.
    • Too high.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2024 at 03:00 PM

GC Board Member

I hope this thing works as I expect 🥴

I'd like to see what people think about a few different topics in the balance of the server in its current state.

This poll is set to close automatically on April 12 @ 12pm (unknown time zone).

Pretty sure votes are anonymous.

The results of this poll will influence where we focus our attention, so your vote is very important!

(edited)

Rocket Jockey (pounce) damage should DEFINITELY be nerfed significantly.

I’m fine with Jockey players keeping the same number of points they earned. I just need the damage itself to be nerfed.

I think it’s ridiculous how your health can go from 90 HP instantly down to 58 HP just because you were unlucky enough to get hit by a rocket Jockey outside (without even factoring the extra damage you take 1-3 seconds later being ridden around).

Even with an accurate eye for SI headshots, Jockeys are STILL pretty difficult for me to shoot in the air.

As for the rest:

Pain Pills are like 5 points, which is a completely fair price. That can be your lifeline when your health is critically low, and have limited points.

Tank heals being worth 30 points is also fair. You gotta EARN that tank heal while playing as Infected (whether as a Tank player or as a different SI player). Not everyone is able to heal as a tank anyway with each playthrough. It’s not a cheap price anyway.

Smokers?

I honestly don’t care. I easily spend the least time playing that SI class out of all the others, so it’s pretty much fine as it is already lol

Hunters having 25 as the maximum pounce damage is also fair. It’s not too much health taken away from a survivor, but it’s also not too little health taken away for the skilled Hunter player either.

Yea, my main issue is pretty much just the excessive damage that rocket Jockeys make on this server. I’m cool with ambitious Jockey players keeping the same number of points they make even WITH the theoretical nerf in damage 👍

Edited by Carlos

There are definitely lower heights to get in a 25 dmg pounce , if there's greater heights i think think there should be greater damage but still cap it at a certain point. I also think there should be more points for landing a 25 pounce because it is actually very difficult to hit a moving, full-health target with a good shooting team, it really doesn't take much to shoot a hunter out of the sky for most players. I think to buy a tank heal it should be like 35-40 points, cheaper to heal than to buy another tank still.

GC Board Member

I struggle with hunter more than rocket jockey which is just weird.  Hit box must be different. There was a time when I was landing decent pounces maybe 1/3 of the time. I hope to get back to that, lol. 

Is the rocket Jockey damage still 25 or something? I don't remember what number I had settled on after I added it, but don't think I had intended for it to be on par with Hunters.

*checks old source code 30 seconds later*

Like the genius I am, I hard-coded it at 15 damage.  😒

• Like 1

GC Server Admin

Smokers need an upgrade - not many players use them because they are so weak by comparison.  If they are not going to get extra points for 'smoke damage', then allow them to walk when they have snagged someone.

• Like 2

GC Board Member

Smokers are indeed painfully weak compared to every other special.

Of course they still have use cases even being so weak, but I'd like smokers to actually be fun to play like chargers and hunters are.

I'll be posting again following this poll some possible changes to the gameplay of different infected, and the community can decide what sounds good to try.

GC Board Member

@JackieChan I might be mistaken, but it almost feels like the damage is applied twice.

I'd have to actually record it to be sure.

It's funny though since it feels worse having a jockey land on you than a hunter, especially considering the jockey is nearly unskeetable and about 2-3x more difficult to deadstop.

@swatfishy that's an interesting idea, I certainly hadn't considered something like that.

I know I can hit an AWP shot on a rocket jockey somewhat consistently, but it takes either a headshot or two body shots (I think only two) to kill, otherwise the lil dude still landing on you for half your hp bar.

I'll have to think about this for sure.

• Soda unfeatured and unpinned this topic