The Passion of The Christ

Fatty

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not enjoy it. I will not see it again.

That said, the movie gave me a very real picture of the sacrifice Jesus made for his belief. This movie is not the witnessing tool so many Christians wanted it to be. Instead, Mr. Gibson has charged those of us who are already believers to put aside all the useless crap we call religion, and face what it's all founded on. That on the screen is what we all deserve. It's where we were all headed. That was 2 hours, imagine what eternity will be like. Jesus took on himself that punishment, so none of us would have to go through it.

It's a movie for the Christians who spend their days worrying about what color the church carpet should be. Who are always working on the next youth group activity. The ones who are always too busy doing something "in the name of God" but never stop to think why they really bother.

I can think of no other movie similar to this one. Don't go see it if you want to be entertained. It does not entertain.

I saw it lastnight, and I am not going to lie, it had me in tears, in numerous occassions. Which I find easy to accept for believers. But it was not the movie alone that envoked the tears, it was that, combined with all I have learned in my walk with Christ, and what I have been through in my life. The movie did bring an ugly picture to what happened, but let's be real, I'm sure it wasn't pretty when it happened back then. It was horrific and tragic.

I think a big reason this movie was made, was to help strengthen believers' faith and to help plant a seed in those that either don't know, or to this point, didn't care. Too many people don't believe something unless they see it with their own eyes, yes this may just be a movie, but it does give something to be seen.

I know the movie made my wife want to read over it all in the Bible again after seeing the movie, so I figured that is something else good that came out of this movie. It may draw more questions and lead more people to read to find out the answers they seek.

As far as the age of kids go, I do not think the kids under the age of 12 should see this movie, but in the same respect all kids are different and a parent should be a good judge as to whether they can handle it or not. I know I was dissappointed to see some woman have her baby there, and I am talking under a year old. Aside from the visuals, the sound alone in a movie theatre is always cranked up. An infant should not be exposed to those decible levels.

In conclusion, I am very glad that I watched the movie, and I would reccomend others to see it. But I will not watch it again, once is all it takes.

Ditto swoop. I just got out of the movie along with 3 friends and it's not that i cried, but i wept. It opened up a lot for me as to what Christ really went through and I'm sure he endured much more than can be portrayed in a movie. For me, I found that I need to be nicer to people than I have been and not judge people b/c of what others say about them. I thought it was an excellent movie.

Just got home. I thought it was very good and entertaining. I was sucked in from the outset. Two scenes really had an emotional impact that almost made me cry; when Mary reaches him while he is carrying the cross and when the first nail goes in. At the ending of the movie I was actually smiling. The amazing thing that just happened really shook me to my core and made me realize, once again, how amazing God is and what Christ endured for us. From the look in his eye to when he stands up and you can see the nail holes and he walks away really made me smile to think how wonderful he is.

That was my take. We just saw it with 12 people from our church and the reviews were a mix of crying and smiling. I would actually like to see it again. Our worship leader saw it tonight for the 2nd time in 4 days and she said it was even more of an impact this time because she knew what was coming and again wept through almost the entire movie.

I finally saw it and I must say I dug the movie.

Wow it was powerful. I think theres enough there to answer the questions of the critics also.

Like why was he crucified? Well just watch the stinking movie and it will answer it.

Well done and creative. Emotional and riveting...electrifying....i sound like a movie critic :)

seriously pilate should get nominated for his performance.

or barabbas :)

Auggybendggy

• 4 weeks later...