Wedding music...need some suggestions.

linch

Well, I gotta meet up with the DJ in a few weeks to give him a list of any specific songs we want him to play at our reception. We both want some good 80's and 90's music, and have compiled a short list thus far.

I'm curious to hear what some of your favorite tunes to dance to were back then? I hoping someone will mention some of the classics that I completely forgot about.

Rapper's Delight

At our wedding we had a bunch of 30's and 40's American and Frnech tunes, good for the older people to dance to. Get some CD's from your local library, more reliable and better quality than mp3's if you are mixing your own discs.

Of course you have to play the chicken dance...no wedding reception is complete without that fan favorate.

NO CHICKEN DANCE!!!! CHICKEN DANCE IS DA DEBIL!!!!

Somewhere on the net is a list of the 10 songs that must be played at every wedding, only I can't find it.

I'll see if I can locate...

No wedding would be complete without someone singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler, but you also have to add in the F-word several times.  Watch Old School to study up.

YES!

...[turn around] Every now and then I get a little bit terrified and then I see the :nono: in' look in your eye...

LOL...it wasn't a hoe-down (sp?), Amy just used the song "For You" by Johnny. Great song for a wedding. Find it and listen to it. How about one of you web song junkies find it and link us up? (challenge, hint, hint)

"Butterfly Kisses"

Ouch....listened to this with our daughters in sight in the car the other day.....yanked the tears out of both of us (specially cause ella loves butterfly and eskimo kisses)

No wedding would be complete without someone singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler, but you also have to add in the F-word several times.  Watch Old School to study up.

well i WAS gonna post that. i see someone beat me to it :disgust:

dude, linch!!

rappers delight (sugar hill gang) is a definite!! Dont miss that one

what ever you do dont do the flippin ymca dance man i hate that.

if you wannt get rid of people do the makarana (spell).

if you wanna put people to sleep have your sister or close friend to The rose.

if you wanna get down and boogie throw down the bee-gees man.

those guys are class a funky. Cool and the gang get bring it too.

and then close it off with "ride the lightning" by metallica

capped with a short tune from the forest gump soundtrack.

that will confuse the heak outta everyone

On a serious note, rappers delights a must. safety dance is always a good ol tune. how bout the breakfast club music. Gawd i hated those songs. hahahahaa

SAFETY DANCE!! w00t!!

We pretty much have all the slow songs picked out, so we just need to diverse songs to get the young and old up on the dance floor. I'm going to do up a list this friday and download a lot of songs and see what will fit in. Maybe I'll post up on the songs I (we) decide on adding to the list.

You gotta play It takes Two by MC Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock. You just have to make sure that you get the version that has the intro .. "You are about to be possessed by the sounds of MC Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock....Hit It" It is a must have at all wedding receptions/my 8th grade dances.

Umm I would love to hear...

White Wedding...Billy idol

"What are you going to do with your life" I wanna ROCK!!!

Ace of Spades.. Motorhead...

Ummm what else be good for a wedding..

Anything from Wasp, Twisted Sister, Slayer, ... oh oh Whiplash by Metallica is a must...

see ya there, bud..