FarCry

Bubblegum Bandit

Quick and Face didnt take to it much, i laughed after everyone made such a huge deal of the game.

Sure the demo was ok, but nothing that was mind blowing, atleast for me.

Farcry would be a great game if more people could run it. I think the majority of users can't run the game at playable settings, just a little ahead of its time when the average gamer is still on a GF4.

Single player does rock.

the first time you acually play the game you just want to make sure you do everything right, so you travel everywhere be extremely sneaky and "cool". Wow... what good times i had playing that game.

• 1 month later...

The single player experience is worth it. Awesome, free-moving (as in you can pretty much go anywhere you can see and take multiple, different paths to get there). The game AI is so much more advanced than last generations (If you start attacking a guy and his buddies hear you, they will come and attack, using smart methods such as hiding in a bush until you get near: Also, they might even call in reinforcements from another area).

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I think what is impressive about the game is the graphical abilites enabled with the new cards like the x800's and the 6800's. The 6800's especially are getting a performance boost with SM3.0

The physics are also something to be empressed with. And the water effects.

• 2 weeks later...

I am almost done with FarCry. Awesome game, incredible graphics and good all around game play. The multiplayer in lacking, the graphics are the same but there is some serious need to improve that portion of the game. I hope the new patch will address this issue to give us an great game will longer playing time in multiplayer with more strategic senerios.

they're looking for coders/mappers/etc. looks like it'll be a full mod. looks like it's a long way from complete, but so far it's looking professional, or at least like a team that will finish what they started.

Hey, just a quick update on the 1.2 patch for FarCry. Do not load it if you have an ATI video card. The game will crash and boot you out of it if you do load the patch. Crytech was telling people to reinstall the game without the 1.2 patch and wait for a fix for the bug.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Crytech recalled the patch. Seems there were some serious issues with it and certain hardware configs. I know that for ATI cards many people have messed up textures and what not.

Also, ATI has requested that the 4.7 catalysts not be used for 3dmark.

• 4 weeks later...