Home Networks

Birdman

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Mine will be interesting when I get cable set up. I will be sharing my cable with my neighbor who lives 50 feet away. I will be sending him some bandwidth via wireless connection.

Mine will be interesting when I get cable set up. I will be sharing my cable with my neighbor who lives 50 feet away. I will be sending him some bandwidth via wireless connection.

Nice.

Make sure you have provisions to keep the hax0rs out.

SBC DSL Modem connected to a Linksys 802.11b wireless router with 4 hardwire ports. Which is connected to a Linksys Wireless Signal Booster.

I've got 2 desktop pc's hardwired to the router. One desktop using a pci wireless adapter card to connect. And 2 laptops connected wireless to the router.

My next addition will be a Linksys Printer server. So I can hook my 2 printers to it. And not have to turn on the one pc all the time just to print.

Nice setups fellas.

Im wanting to go wireless, but I need to get a laptop so it'll make sense to do so.

smoothwall rox

So True.

One of the best pieces of free software I have ever used.

Unfortunately the harddrive just died in it from a overheating problem in the room were I had the computer. o0o I had an up time of about 3 months on the smoothie there for awhile though and then the power went out. It was super stable.

So I'm back to a crappy unreliable constantly disconnecting Linksys router. :rolleyes:

(edited)

CABLE MODEM --->D-Link Router w/ Wireless ---> CGC

__________________________________________|

__________________________________________|

__________________________________________V

__________________________________Wife's Laptop (Wireless)

Where CGC = Crappy Gaming Comp.

(upgrading soon :boing:)

Edited by gOOters