Make sure you have Windows All up to date!!

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

New Worm vulnerability that loads through JPG image files. Not good at all. You can't even trust image files being sent through email now.

tool that makes it easy to craft malicious JPEG images then let them loose against vulnerable Windows PCs has appeared, security experts said Friday, leading many to believe an MSBlast-style attack may not be far in the future.

Dubbed JPGDown.a or JPGDownloader, the tool lets hackers designate a download Web site, and then builds a malformed JPEG image file that can be distributed to attack Windows machines open to the now-patched vulnerability Microsoft announced last week. When the victim views the image file -- sent as an attachment, say, to an e-mail message -- a download's begun from the site the hacker specified. Any code can be downloaded from the remote site to the compromised PC.

Internet Week

i tried upgradeing the other day and the darn thing basically hacked my local connections with its firewalls, so that even when off they had "limited or no conectivity". i reverted to the older setting and now works fine. anyhting that is wrong with this? I didnt even do anything special in the dl, just let it do its thing....was very frustrated at windows for the first time a long time..... :angry:

Yeah, the default firewalls are still overzealous. I was really ticked the other day trying to get stuff off of my other (Win2k, which still rocks!) computer and I had all sorts of trouble. But in general, SP2 is a good update. I haven't had any issues with it in my work setting except for the Internet Exploder popup blocker (I'd recommend Firefox, but IE can be configured well).

Come to think of it, I didn't have any filesharing problems at work with the default firewall on SP2. Just at home...over wireless?

Edited by appalachian_fox

I'm having the same problem....SP2 firewall is blocking my wireless connection to the net....how did you revert back or how do I turn the darn thing off?

LMAO....nm, it was right under my nose and I didn't see it.

:bang: Now I can't remove a program!!!!! I got to control panel, remove programs, click on the prog I want to remove and when the uninstaller comes up the remove programs page superceeds it and I can't tell it to go ahead and delete the program..... :bang::boo:

I'm having the same problem....SP2 firewall is blocking my wireless connection to the net....how did you revert back or how do I turn the darn thing off?

LMAO....nm, it was right under my nose and I didn't see it.

:bang: Now I can't remove a program!!!!!  I got to control panel, remove programs, click on the prog I want to remove and when the uninstaller comes up the remove programs page superceeds it and I can't tell it to go ahead and delete the program..... :bang:  :boo:

Bubblegum, when I have problems like that (an non-focused window blocking the window I want to click on) I use a program called LiteVWM. Basically, it is a Virtual Windows Manager that was ripped out of the Litestep explorer replacement shell. What it does is creaate 4 virtual windows for you (increases workspace) and lets you switch between them by clicking on a display that shows a miniaturized representation of your desktop divided into 4 quadrants.

Ok, all that setup to tell you how I use it to get to windows behind windows. In the mini-version of my desktop, it shows the open windows in each desktop and I am able to click-and-drag them to different desktops. If one window is covering another, I can just click on it in the mini-display and move it until I am able to see the covered window.

The program is just around 100kb. If you want it, let me know and I will zip it up and post it on my website (as a google search did not find it).

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Dweez, I am interested in it.

i updated fine :)

although i killed all my themes and such. i havent seen any program conflicts, but i did turn off the firewall, it got annoying.

the built in pop blocker hasnt let anything through either, which is nice.

Np fox. I used it all the time before I setup my dual monitors. It doesn't work exactly well with a dual monitor setup so I was often loosing windows outside of where I was able to navigate. I still use it on all my single monitor setups.