Why YOU can Make it to FragFest 05!

Fatty

I'd love to break 100 people. Wouldn't that just be incredible? Can you imagine the group picture? Holy smokes! Give it some serious thought.

If you've got family, consider making it a vacation. Ever been to Cedar Point? Great time of year, perfect actually. Closer and less expensive is Geauga Lake.

Most importantly, WE'RE IN A REAL HOTEL THIS YEAR!

For the ladies DURING FragFest? Send them on a day trip with other ladies to one of many malls nearby....Hudson is a beautiful town, and of course Cuyahoga Falls is nearby too, and perhaps they'd be interested in Rockin on the River!

Looking for you to help us make it to 100 fraggers!

Fatty

Cedar Point is one of the best amusement parks in the country.

Very clean and the workers are pretty friendly., (not as friendly as the ones at Disney World, but we all cant be That cheerful, can we?)

Always makes the top ten amusement parks in the US every year.

Lots and lots of roller coasters.

Does anyone live around Hudson that could point out some more things to do around there? Restaurants? Stores? Malls? Movie Theaters? Bars?

Maps would be good for the surrounding area too

Im in Cincinnati, so FF isnt a long drive for me.. Ive been to Cedar Point, i went every yr with a group of friends after camping at Put-N-Bay island (home of the worlds longest bar)...

OHHH but i almost forgot, isnt Cedar Point opening a huge INDOOR waterpark???

Im in Cincinnati, so FF isnt a long drive for me..  Ive been to Cedar Point, i went every yr with a group of friends after camping at Put-N-Bay island (home of the worlds longest bar)...

OHHH but i almost forgot, isnt Cedar Point opening a huge INDOOR waterpark???

Why YOU (Batman) can make it to FragFest 05!

Because Gond will drive your rear there :laughcry:

• 3 months later...

bump, talking with family to figure out our plans. What else is in the area, say within 45 min to an hour for families with young kids...my daughter will be 9 months around the time of FF. Trying to decide if my wife and her parents will come with us and make it a vacation week or if I leave them in Champange and come by myself like last year.

I assume Cleveland has a Zoo, how far away approx. would it be..any other ideas from you guys with young kids.

GC Founder

Akron has a zoo you can be through in on hour or two. Cleveland has a zoo that deserves an entire day.

Geauga Lake and Sea World are in Aurora, very close.

Activities for a 9mo old baby...hmmmm...that's a toughie.

Fatty, now that Six Flags is gone and Geauga Lake is back, i'm not sure what happened to the old Sea World section, I know they left when Six Flags bought it, who then kept it up as one big park.

Do they still have the stuff, just not called Sea World?

After reading Fatty's post (hard to call you Fatty by the way) :) I really don't have a whole lot to add.....I can tell you that we have a three year old and a 19 month old and we have not ventured to the amusement parks yet......we have gone to the Cleveland Zoo several times and the kids love it - that will be a must on our list this Summer. If you are into shopping, Aurora Farms and Lodi are great outlets in the area. Akron Zoo is ok, but there are not many animals there......we can get through the Akron Zoo in about 1/2 hour and when we leave we aren't too impressed. With Fragfest being in July, and during Brian's birthday I might add, I am sure people will be looking for ways to cool off and there are some swimming parks nearby. One that comes to mind immediately is Waterworks Park - it is not a lake and is chlorinated. That is important to us this year.....we live about 45 minutes away from Hudson and would love to have all the kids/wives/girlfriends over to our house for a day of fun.....we could get the sprinkler going for the kids and pull out the little pool and there is a small playground in our community as well as an outdoor pool available. There is a great park about 10 minutes from our house that has a play area, basketball court, walking trail and I think a tennis court. Danielle's treatment should be easing up by then and she loves to play outside.......those are some ideas that came to mind off the top of my head. If I think of anything more I will let you know. We are looking forward to meeting everyone and I want to send a personal thanks to all of you that have taken the time to send Danielle a hat.....she loves them and we appreciate your support more than you could know. I sent more pics today to Don so look for updates soon.

Keli (Mrs. Duke) :boing::boing::boing::boing: (I just love the boingy guys!!)

What??!! Shopping!! Why would you post that?! Are you nuts??!! :=:=:biggrin:

Keep in mind the leverage that will be applied here. This will turn into a, "since you're going to play games all weekend, I'm going to go shopping all weekend" situation and you are in no position to negotiate other than to say "yes, dear".

If we turn this into a "you go shopping while I game" spree, I envision a vast amount of money being spent, somewhere in the range of China's GNP and we don't want that, do we?

Time to circle the wagons and engage in damage control.

I propose a quarter mile travel limit and restricted access to certain stores (Dollar General, etc).

Pandora's box, my friend, Pandora's box...Oh, what have you done!! :biggrin:

Hi Clueless!! :wavey:

I mapped things out and we could go from the hotel to Aurora Farms followed by the Cleveland Zoo and back to the hotel with travel time estimated at about an hour and a half. Now how much time and damage we do in between is totally up to us :rolleyes2: It is a possibility and would be a lot of fun. I think we would definitely wear out the little ones......