Newegg losing it?

ConGregation

I have ordered a lot of things from newegg in the past. This week I ordered my vid card (BFG 6800 OC) when they added a $20 instant rebate. Outpost had it cheaper but had been out of stock for about a week. As I order I notice that they now have a 'rush processing' fee or such thing. For 2.99 They can guarantee that my item will ship the next business day. Use to be just normal practice for them. So anyway its two days later and I have not received the shipment notice. Most likely it has already shipped because those tend to delay.

But consider outpost.com. I ordered from then about 10:30 last night. No 'rush' fee. No special processing fee. And it is already out the door. Was already shipped before I got home from work. And this coming from a company that sells stuff dirt cheap and even has a rap for subpar service.

I have ordered from outpost, newegg, and zipzoomfly recently and the fasted shipping belongs to outpost. Of course returning stuff might be a different story.

And to beat it all outpost got the cards in stock today :( Could have had it shipped overnight from them for less than I have paid newegg to have it late for HL2.

:freak:

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Newegg has always had that option there but I think it is pointless. I always get items from newegg in 2 days without that or any special shipping options.

ive never used the rush and its usually shipped the next day. Also, I sometimes get my merchandise before they even send me the shipment notice :)

Hey ZD happen to have a mobo that will support a 1.4Ghz 200 fsb AMD processor?

I use pricewatch to find companies that are in a 1 day ship zone to me, a place i found in Indiana ships same day if ordered befor 2pm and I get the package next day... There is a company here in Cincinnati that has everything and supplies all the stores here in town, i will find it one day..

I have no complaints about Newegg. Just that they aren't keeping up with the competition.

Btw, the memory I ordered last night is ready to be shipped (stage 4) while my vid card is stuck on stage 2. ... I know its probably already shipped but it just bugs me.

Anyway, processing fees stink. Just ship the thing as soon as you can. Don't charge people for what should be standard policy.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Call them Cong. May be supply issues with that card. Just call to make sure.

did 1st order with them this week as well. building 2 complete system for boss's boss's kids.

anyways...1st system great, outside of round cables didnt ship, nor could I find anywhere on theri site that listed them as not shipping. so I called and they said there was a warehouse glitch and They should be shipping them soon (yesterday). Today still no update, but all other items came in 2 days. (paid the 2.99)

so..now I go to 2nd system and MB is DOA...then the case light that was supposed to be red is blue. so I click for RMA online and get approval, but am thinking...why do I have to pay to return something that I didnt break? Do they refund your shipping costs? Most RMAs I deal with ship product to me with return sticker for me to ship back broken item after the fact...not me fronting shipping costs up front.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Mini-me, call them. If they made the mistake and you tell them that you should not have to pay to poop it back, they typically pay for the return shipping.

Well with no activity on it this morning I saw that the cancel option was there (wasn't before) so I cancelled. Must have been a stocking problem.

Ordered it from outpost and saved $20. Now hopefully THEY don't have a stocking problem. Kinda scares me since they offer the best price on it on the web and the deal keeps circulating on all the 'deal' sites.

But if all goes as planned I will get home Tuesday with the video card waiting to be installed. Just in time :D

Edited by ConGregation

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little fed up with newegg shipping. Everytime I've ordered something it just barely makes it before the time they say it will. Gettin' to the point that I will be looking for other alternatives for my purchases.

I'm a little fed up with newegg shipping. Everytime I've ordered something it just barely makes it before the time they say it will. Gettin' to the point that I will be looking for other alternatives for my purchases.

:unsure: But you are still getting it at or before when they said you would get it.

:unsure: But you are still getting it at or before when they said you would get it.

Penty when I see what I've ordered sitting in a fedex warehouse and not moving for 2 days. Yes, I've got an issue with that. Since chances are it's only sitting there waiting on the delivery date listed by newegg. Who knows.

Also, I do a lot of shipping thru fedex & ups. And I've never had packages held anywhere. And they normally show up early. Actually, I could ship something fedex ground and have it there quicker then newegg gets my orders to me.

Anyways, just ranting. When paying for something I just expect a little better service.

im also done with newegg...and i guess it isnt their fault as they just ship other manufacturers parts out, but in assembling 2 new systems for clients, the RMA process was just too big of a pain (too long to wait for parts). after returning a red case that had blue lights instead of red ones, waited a week to get a case that was missing lights altogether, i didnt have another week to wait to deliver system so went and got spare parts myself. had this been a local store, I could have exchanged 2 cases in the same day if I had to. now I would have paid probably 10% more....but sometimes it is worth it.

moral of story: if time is an issue to deliver product to someone else, beware. if it was mine, i would have waited another week to get the case right...

You know everyone has bad shops. It's a fact of life.

The RMA process with newegg has gone fairly smooth with me. It's been twice now I have RMAed a board and chip and have yet to pay a dime with a return(Mom ships it from work Fedex so i don't have to pay). When the first RMAed chip took too long, they upgraded the return method to overnight free of charge. Not a big deal to them.

Granted you have ur opinions and your entitled to them, but with my first purchase from the site I must say I am happy. Things came quick and RMAing has never been easier. I have heard some horror stories about RMA's with dif websites about waiting over 2-3 months just to get a replacement. Who wants to wait that long? The site may be good for purchasing stuff but if you get a blown mobo and have to RMA it, your not going to want to wait 3 months for a replacement.

I believe Newegg will still always be the top notch site for purchases and support. They seem to be on top of things IMO. Sure you can find stuff cheaper from other sites(I didn't purchase my vid card from newegg but from allstarshop) but from my history of purchases IRL and online, I'd rather have better service and support than lower prices.

I guess also my outlook on things is a bit dif. from you older gentlemen. As long as I get the thing I'm fine. If it takes an extra day so be it, as long as its in working condition. I've also found that Newegg's updating of the site is slower than expected. Just from multiple RMA's and orders.

O well done with my ranting :yawn:

Penty when I see what I've ordered sitting in a fedex warehouse and not moving for 2 days. Yes, I've got an issue with that. Since chances are it's only sitting there waiting on the delivery date listed by newegg. Who knows.

Also, I do a lot of shipping thru fedex & ups. And I've never had packages held anywhere. And they normally show up early. Actually, I could ship something fedex ground and have it there quicker then newegg gets my orders to me.

Anyways, just ranting. When paying for something I just expect a little better service.

Fed-ex doesn't care about expected ship dates, once they get it to the warehouse they ship it out. If Fed-ex is over loaded (same with ups) then they slow down. New-egg is only responsible for stuff till it gets to Fed-ex after that if there is a slowdown it's the shippers issue.