To whom it may concern...

h4ng0v3r

Hey GC, my source name is h4ng0v3r, i have been playing on your server since source came out. I would like to start this thread by complimenting you on the fine job you all have done with your server, it is truly one of the better servers out there. I enjoy the fact that i can go somewhere that has an admin handy most of the time to regulate the server; however, recently i have noticed that the admin use is teetering on abuse. I havent said anything til i experienced it myself.

I was playing on your source server tonight and was kicked for saying "autohookers" at the end of a round where overusage of the autosniper was getting to me. I apologize for the use of the word "hooker". In all honesty i did think that would get me kicked but since it was directed toward a GC member i did get kicked. Then i was kicked calling a guy a wuss for shooting me with my knife out. There are GC members that know me and know it was all in jest. I was not aware that these were inappropriate actions. I have seen actions like mine performed by other gc members with no punishment. I am still not sure who kicked me. There have been other instances where i have heard and seen admins use their power to threaten other players. "..move or you will be kicked!" was directed at a less skillful player by a gc member for not moving fast enough through a map. This is the kind of stuff bullies do. These things make it hard to play on your server. I do enjoy your server but i was clearly being singled out. I do not expect a response. I am not trying to offend anyone. I am just trying to bring this to your attention. Thank you

hey man....thanks for posting. Every admin is different...we all try to do whats best in our own way. I for one have played with you a few times and never seen reason to admin you. Im usually very quiet about it unless its blantant abuse. Illl let one slip or slide every once in a while. I do somewhat aqree with you (and I may get jumped by the gc hoods for saying that :))

There have been a few times where there has been some admining that doesnt seem necessary to me....but apparently necessary for them. Like i said we all admin differently. We have alot of admins, some newer at this than others. Ive been admining gaming servers for like 6 years. As long as ive been in this community it has been kept clean. The goal with keeping a clean server is to open it up to people that want to play the game without all of that and at the same time open it up for anyone of any age to play and not be subjected to the growing online no accountabilty behavior.

Bare with us. We are trying our best :wavey:

It's been you and me in Recrude since the beggining at odd hours. You've been amazingly perfect at following our rules, and even going the distance and pushing our rules on the nubs. You've been a quality guy in my eyes but certain circumstances get different responses from different people. The only difference here is being different.

What a horriable post.... :boo::bang:

Thank you for taking the time to come in here and let us know your opinions, h4ng0v3r. They really do mean something. As Wilco said, our community has been around for a long time (6-8 years) and we have always prided ourselves on great adminship. And like he said, each admin is different, and we as a guild don't often interfere with each other's calls. BUT, when a complaint is made by an upstanding regular about one of our admins, we do look into it, and if necessary, one or several of the more senior members will take action. I've seen admins reprimanded before (hell, I've been reprimanded before). So thanks again for your post, and I hope you stick around both the server, and the forums.

Edited by Crowbar

I'm glad to see you stopped by the site, and I hope to see you continue to post aside from this issue.

I was the one that told you to "shut up" last night via console for one reason: I saw a client going toe-to-toe with an admin in public...and only one thing happens when that takes place. So, my saying "shut up" was my version of trying to end the verbal flames of the situation before it got worse.

Mack also seemed to remove his nose. I had his name right-clicked and only wanted one more reason...he's got a history, nevermind that now. (why did I even leave this here? I guess a little public note that Mack continues his pattern...and came close last night...just a note to be noted)

I guess it all depends on who you are dealing with....and when. While I'd rather have active admins than a ghetto, you are accurate when you say some of it gets to be "bullying." We are addressing this internally...it's an ongoing process. Having no "admin tools" persay makes it all the more difficult.

You are correct in inferring that it matters who you say things to. The admins have the great task of discerning punk-talk from good natured smack, insult from jest. If the admin doesn't know you for who you are or what you mean, they probably take it for the worst it could be....because you and I both know that your average pub gamer doesn't come into a server passing out compliments.

That said, I'm reminded of the time I banned a guy for calling me "dude." Actually, it was someone from within our community. At that time, for him to call me "dude" was inappropriate and insulting. To others, no harm, no big deal.

You're a good client, and we need good clients like you. We all get frustrated. You shared yourself that you were frustrated about the autosniping (anyone ever play T on Aztec lately? talk about testing your patience!) which lead to your comments, which lead to a judgement, and so on. Now we have two mad parties, one with a big fat hammer with RCON written on it, held high over the head. You were wise for stepping out when you did. Neither of you were in the mood for "fun," because I noted that admin also did not continue on after that map. Yes, a good time to call it a night.

Ok, anyways, you've done a great service for yourself and us by stopping in here. We appreciate your time and your feedback. Sounds like both parties could have done a little less to me. You've apologized for your words, which is a big deal. Thank you. I'd hope that our admin will venture in here and post up as well.

Thanks guys.

Mack also seemed to remove his nose.  I had his name right-clicked and only wanted one more reason...he's got a history, nevermind that now. (why did I even leave this here?  I guess a little public note that Mack continues his pattern...and came close last night...just a note to be noted)

uh oh

I've played with hangover. And he's a good guy. I've not had any issues with him.

I'm glad to see you posting in here. And bringing this to our attention. As has been previously mentioned we are addressing this internally.

On a side note, I just got back from Connecticut and will be jumping back in the game as soon as I can quit playing HL:2. :D And will help in getting things back on the right track.

Mk5

Finally found this post...

It was I who kicked you for using a variation on the word whore (was it autohookers? I don't really remember). I admit the kick was probably unwarrented seeing as how you often frequent our servers and obey our rules. I could go on about how I was tired and how having to deal with various e-thugs and scumbags all day had sapped my patience (and tolerance) of such behavior but that would be making excuses for something that is ultimately my responsibility and thusly my fault.

I'm sorry I kicked you.

There have been other instances where i have heard and seen admins use their power to threaten other players. "..move or you will be kicked!" was directed at a less skillful player by a gc member for not moving fast enough through a map. This is the kind of stuff bullies do. These things make it hard to play on your server.

People are kicked from our server because they violate our rules..

The gamerscoalition does not tolerate offensive, inappropriate, disruptive: language, names, behavior or sprays.

I personally use kicking as a way to motivate people to not violate our rules because kicking a person does three things, 1) it makes them have to reconnect if they can, 2) it resets their cash to the default amount and 3) it resets their score.

I consider it disruptive and a waste of my time and that of my teams time if a person goes afk without going spectator so that s/he may be replaced by someone who is at the keyboard.

I consider it inappropriate to be so careless as to continually block your teammates line of fire when they are trying to shoot someone when FF is on.

I could go on and on but let me make one thing clear: our rules are designed to promote teamwork, competition and a good community. People who do not follow our rules will be removed from our good community.

If we did not have these rules and were not so strict our regulars would not return time and time again and our regulars would not use their time to post on our boards about their concerns; as you have done. They return because they feel that they will not have to deal with the punks, e-thugs, scumbags, trashtalkers and hackers that many other servers are plagued with.

Sure mistakes happen but when do they not? It is how we deal with those mistakes that matters.

Edited by Mk5

<golf clap>

Nicely said.

See? And Mk5 is such a nice guy that he uses the "kick." My keyboard doesn't even have the letters "k" "i" and "c"! I popped em off and replaced those with an extra of each of the "b" "a" and "n" keys!

I even had to use a different computer to post all of this, for you smarties who think you're sharp! :D

Thank you for your apology Mk5. I kindly accept; however....

People are kicked from our server because they violate our rules..

The gamerscoalition does not tolerate offensive, inappropriate, disruptive: language, names, behavior or sprays.

I personally use kicking as a way to motivate people to not violate our rules because kicking a person does three things, 1) it makes them have to reconnect if they can, 2) it resets their cash to the default amount and 3) it resets their score.

I consider it disruptive and a waste of my time and that of my teams time if a person goes afk without going spectator so that s/he may be replaced by someone who is at the keyboard.

I consider it inappropriate to be so careless as to continually block your teammates line of fire when they are trying to shoot someone when FF is on.

When i used the example earlier in the thread the less skillfull player was simply running without his/her knife out. The admin threatened the player before simply asking or even telling him/her to run with your knife when rushing. It was wrong and i have more examples. I know your rules and understand what u, as a community, are trying to accomplish with your server. I am not a whiner or crybaby, i do not make things up. I apreciate the special attention my situation has recieved and thanks again for the apology. --peace--

I've really enjoy playin with Newbee5 (even though him and Toka together add up to about 75% of my deaths), I think hes a pretty fair admin, as are most, everybody gets aggrevated, theyre out there playin, winnin and losin with the rest of us, and also having to babysit (for lack of a better term), i'm sure they all make some calls they regret. But this server is proof that the system works very well overall. I've played with you as well hangover, you seem pretty cool, and i hope to see you out there again.