HACKING it is real and very much ALIVE!!

Sword6

OK after a couple of very suspcious rounds with some individuals, and from the complaint of a great many players, I set out on a search to find and expose scripting and hacking in CS Source.

FOUND!!

ShowEnemy/Radar: Allows user to see enemy moving and positions on radar. To Bust: Watch for players tracing movements of other players with no reason to switch directions to compensate.

4,5,6 rnd Burst Glocks: Allows you to vary the size of the burst with limited recoil to that of the regular 3 rd burst. To Bust: Watch for one burst kills non-head.

AKburst Fire: Allows you to configure burst fire to the same recoil as 1 trigger pull. Ie: 3 rounds into a target with one tap of mouse with almost no recoil. To Bust: Listen for game sound of one shot yet in console scoring multiple hits.

DoubleZoom: Enables I mouse tap to Zoom to 2 1/2 times in one motion. This extends the zoom by 1/2 beyond the intended zoom ratio. To Bust: Nothing known.

Weapon Burst Select: Allow any weapon that does not have a secondary fire mode to be configured to have a burst with variable round selection with no recoil more than the standard single shot. To bust: Same as Ak listen for players making single shot sounds but seeing multiple round impacts, or hits.

Halos& Auras: Outlines players in a colored halo/Aura to make enemies stand out more. To Bust: Reported Auras are visible to spectators viewing through offending player.

FastWeaponSwitching: This allows a player who runs out of ammo in a gunfight to instantly( and I do mean instantly so there is no pause in firing) to switch from one weapon to another. Ie: You fire with AWP at enemy 20ft away, but can keep shooting at the enemy from an instant switch to a pistol with no pause. Rounds from a pistol are fired before the game can render a weapon in the offending players hand.To Bust: When watching through player, notice any non-pause weapon switch between AWP shots.

Triple Hit Knife: As it says, allows 3 secondary fire strokes in one hit to a player with one attack. To Bust: Watch for One hit knife slays to body. Especially if armoured.

WallHack: Allows player to see through both meshed and non meshed views. Players can see players on all areas of the map at the same time. To Bust: Easily shown is players have perfect knowledge, or compensating so to trave other players they could not physically see.

Speedster: Allows unatural speed in game, Ie: There are reported cases of rounds starting and less than 2 secs later getting bomb has been planted warnings. This is fairly obvious.

Aimbots: These are out there not in wide ciculation as most a personal hacks. But there are cases of players aiming away from the direction of a target and scoring headshots when shooting in the opposite direction. To Bust: Multiple head hits in succession. Impossible shots. Watch for them

All of these are only a small sample of scripting and hacks out there that WERE NOT INTENDED FOR PLAYERS TO USE inside the scope and parameters setup in the game. I have corresponded to Valve and to Steam to investigate sites posting hacks, where I have found them, and was replied back from them stating, that publishes in are in the works to remove and detect codes on players systems, that could negativly inffuence the game and its designed intent. Further that issues of publishing, or the use of hacks to manipulate the games code in an offending and damaging matter to produce un-desired effects will result in the removal of valid status to any person(s) product key, and possible legal action. Further they went on to clarify that game mods do not fall into this catagory if they do not unfairly influence the outcome of said game to the benefit of an individual over others.

I posted this to show that people out there are using more than skill, and are ruining the game once again for everyone but the 13 yearolds and under who use them. I will not for that reason alone post the real names of these hacks, nor where they can be found as I do not want to ADD to the scum using them.

Anything that gives you an Unfair advantage in this game, should ethically NEVER BE USED!

Thank you

Sw6rd

IF4185.JPG

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice post, thanks sw6rd! I found it informative and now we'll all know what to look for when specing.

Thanks Strange, I always hate to sound like a whiner, but the fact is I am and have been in Law Enforcement, and as Shodan could no doubt atest, you do pick up keen observation skills, I am an old player, from the days when CS was born. I have never hacked or cheated however i watch everything carefully, i watch for graphic glitches that are usually normal but are consistantly off with the same characters, i watch every little detail, and see alot of abnormalities in alot of those who boast top scores on this server. I have seen members of GC even that seem to be using scripts, though none of the seriously offensive ones.

I always loved CS, and used to head LBR, a great and fair clan set for real matches, against level players. We quickly quit CS and moved into battlefield and other games to fill the void due to the plague of hackers that always seem to inindate servers bent on wrecking the game for those who have the nerve to play fair. IN short, bull always smells like bull, and it won't take long to realize some players are covered in it.

To them, all I can say is, why do you go out and pay $60.00 dollars for a game, then wreck it by cheating. You are the same people who cheat through life. Cause any type of cheating as far as I am concerned is a clear personality trait of the weak minded and weak willed, that they have self-esteem issues, and are unsure of their skills on a level field. They are found out eventually, but more serious is what they and their ilk are doing to gaming in general. They are creating means in which stronger code has to be written to the point of it being invasive on fair and abiding customers, they are removing freedom from gaming. Their type is responsible for a certain company we all know and love to engineer there next great title release to NOT INSTALL ON ANY SYSTEM WITH A BURNER of any kind. For copyright, and code violation prevention. It is getting out of hand, and I for one am ready to fight it.

GC is at least a light out there, and a model on how to truly do things right.

Sw6rd

Edited by Sword6

I'm sure that there are hackers out there and in our server. Your post is very in-depth and the time it took you to research is appreciated.

My suggestions are this, don't mention any names (as you have'nt done yet) without a recorded demo with very clear and concise proof that they are hacking, nothing will be done without it.

As far as GC members hacking, i'd like to think not, but tread very lightly on that one, I don't actually know how to handle that to be honest, I guess I'd go to the top through PM's and stuff like that before posting anything, this could all turn into a big mess if accusations start flying without just cause.

The bottom line is, that we will probably have to wait for Valve to implement some kind of anti-hack as you mentioned. It's just to difficult and time consuming to figure it all out at this level.

So my final thought is this, anyone reading this thread should not allow it to turn into a blame game, filled up with peoples names and no proof to hang them with.

IF the hacker is smart and hides it, then detection is impossible (for the big ones like aimbot and wallhack). There have been guys come along that I kept hoping would be caught hacking because what they did was amazing. But some have played in this community for years and any hacking accusations have been proved false.

I tend to think no one hacks. As far as Recrudescence, I have never seen any suspicious activity by members, regulars or even pubbers. Sure they are out there but you can't have fun when your all wound up about hackers. ;)

Edited by ConGregation

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Cong is right. There's one regular I've suspected, and he doesn't play source. I won't list names either, but I havent' been suspicous of any regulars (except for lunk and his one shot kill scout ;) ).

oh and ive done some reasearch too....theres whitewalls, or colored walls, which make the walls white so you can see chameleon skins, which r brightly colored models that you can see through walls, easier to see, theres also many zoom modifications, liek you said, and you can zoom on all weapons. there are also many mic. types like no flash, no smoke, no sunglare and no fog.....

I too just pretend that nobody hacks. After so many years playing the game, it's really a load off your mind to not worry about it.

What ends up happening is that we either

1)chase a good player away,

2)unban a person because, well, can we really prove it?

or 3)get caught up in the "everyone is hacking" mode...

I watch it ruin good people (and I'm not talking about the hacking, I'm talking about our admins!) to the point where they should just uninstall the game until they can forget about it.

I'm most impressed with the effective color used in the post, showing that a great deal of care was taken to make it very readable.

<puts sticker on post>

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

I want a sticker. :(

Can't believe I forgot to add this: VAC 2 will come out soon, and will apparently not suck this time around, which will make a huge difference :].

*cough* moss *cough* :D We know you don't hack old pal. Just seems to be the favorite target for accusations.

You have to be extremely careful when specing people who are suspected. Wallhackers could just have a nice sound card and headphones. Footsteps can be heard through floors. I have seen kills on de_nuke through the floor from bombsite to bombsite.

While a ton of headshots looks very strange, multiple hs's do occur, and quite frequently. I popped off 4 in a row on aztec one day after going 0-whatever and sucking it up on previous maps.

I guess what I am getting at is, yes there are hacks out there. But sometimes a little skill or luck, or the funny way the game plays out (anyone whos has used the ak-47 knows what I am talking about ;) ) can look just like a hack to the already paranoid.

The post was very nice and VERY informative. I am just hoping that it serves its purpose of informing and does not start an accusation war.

FOUND!!

ShowEnemy/Radar: Allows user to see enemy moving and positions on radar.  To Bust:  Watch for players tracing movements of other players with no reason to switch directions to compensate.

Ehh, can anyone tell me what this means? "Watch for players tracing movements of other players with no reason to switch directions to compensate." That makes no sense at all to me.

Ya, I understand what the hack is, but the sentence explaining how to bust it made no sense at all.

Let me put this in Boomhauer terms then swoop.

You are looking one direction, but wait you see someone tryin' to sneak up behind you on your radar. So, you do a 180 and blast the ever livin' snot outta them. :peace:

Ehh, can anyone tell me what this means? "Watch for players tracing movements of other players with no reason to switch directions to compensate." That makes no sense at all to me.

It was pretty clear to me. I was watching a player putzing around in the house on Italy. He runs to the window, shoots a guy then goes back to dancing around the radio. He then runs to another window, shoots a guy and again goes back to the radio. He went 23 - 0.

But again, like Fatty says, if we can't open up his hard drive, what proof do we have.

When I was playing 1.5, I belong to a clan with about 25 members. We had two guys who were just incredible. The could find guys no matter where they were, never get killed by a hiding camper and forget about knifing them, could not happen. For a year people suspected they were hacking but nobody could prove it. I got sick of them kicking my butt day after day so I did something about it, I started to hack.

These same guys don't play source "yet" because the are still reigning supreme in 1.6 and cz. How do I know they hack? They gave me the program to do it after playing with them for most of that year. To this day, if you acuse them of hacking, they belittle you, call you a newb, tout how long they have been playing and my favourite, "I play cal-i, obviously you don't".

I came to source because there was a chance for me to reclaim the fun of the game becuase the hackers were not here yet. I missed the level playing field but I am certain that they will be back.

Will I hack again, not a chance, in the end I really did not enjoy playing anymore.

Let me put this in Boomhauer terms then swoop.

You are looking one direction, but wait you see someone tryin' to sneak up behind you on your radar. So, you do a 180 and blast the ever livin' snot outta them.  :peace:

That is still kinda laughable though Lunk you gotta admit. Just the whole, To Bust: do the following...

I use sound often. If I hear footsteps in a specific direction, I look at my radar and if I don't see a teamate where I heard the footsteps i'll turn around blasting or whatnot.

On a side note: Anyone else have a hard time hearing footsteps in Source compared to 1.6? I used to be able to tell exactly where people were from the sounds and now it's nearly impossible especially with the "fish flopping" sound dead bodies make....

Edited by simkiller

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

They changed the sounds a bit Simkiller, espeacilly for distance. You know, a "upgrade" from 1.6 :boo:.