Source Update (PDO's Farewell)

Fatty

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
Is then from a long period of time PDO? because seeing fatty's post i dont think it was that bad.

Yeah, he's had an ego bigger than the state of Texas for as long as I can remember, done taking crap for him. The straw that broke the Camel's back, naw mean? :]

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

half life 2 was worth 50 bucks, cs is a bonus

Right. I have a load of fun on this game, buggy or not, and it can only get better.Plus they were in a hurry to get something to the people that have been waiting because some boob stole the code for hl2, I for one was happy to get CS:S when I did.

Sorry you feel that way PDO, hopefully we'll see you again, if not, it's been fun playin with ya.

GC Founder

When I get home I gotta sort through my basement and see if there's anyone sucking on anything down there. I would have thought I would have seen this by now. Maybe the garage, though.

I was gonna also tell you to keep the diaper on your way out, it's on me....but it's on you. Such a fragile little one.

I'm sure you'll understand when I can't let someone speak like that and then continue to take advantage of our services....but I'll leave your forum account go so you can come back and continue watching all my hypocrisy.

You seemed so happy to let me help you host your l337 video, all the while considering my Texas-like ego? You sure had me fooled. Ahh well....Anderson is right, you're NOT the first to see your truth, and won't be the last. Round up your AIM buddies and march on me.

GC Founder

LOL. The march already started!

PDO, are you hanging with Whitey at his place, or did you just ask him to try to mess with my account. So fun.

Funny that the IP Whitey used to make a post HERE tried to reset my password early this morning? (67.162.233.245 btw) You guys must be really tight!

Come on....you gotta march harder than that. I'll let you play for a while.

While I AM sorry to see PDO go, I must back Fatty on this. I have played and participated with Fatty in clans and on servers for three years at least. I have never experienced the Fatty that PDO describes. There is no one else I would rather play with. There are several guys that mak the game fun and Fatty has always done that when I am in there. Sure we have had disagreements over the years. But he never treated me with anything less than respect.

A lot of people have problems with how Fatty deals with... o lets just say... the disrespectful. There have been times where I have even brought my objections up to the man himself. Again he has always listened and either argued his position or changed his course of action. None of this beligerant, abusing person that is described. I have come to realize something. We are on the same side and Fatty is the one willing to take the dirt to keep this place running smooth and clean. If I were running it... it would be a mess.

PDO overreacted. And while I have enjoyed having him around, am not sad to see him go after how he treated my friend. A little harmless joke and he feels the need to question his manhood, slander his marraige, and call out his hypocrisy. I just think that once PDO matures a little he will see how he acted like a ten year old with beans for brains.

While I AM sorry to see PDO go, I must back Fatty on this. I have played and participated with Fatty in clans and on servers for three years at least. I have never experienced the Fatty that PDO describes. There is no one else I would rather play with. There are several guys that mak the game fun and Fatty has always done that when I am in there. Sure we have had disagreements over the years. But he never treated me with anything less than respect.

A lot of people have problems with how Fatty deals with... o lets just say... the disrespectful. There have been times where I have even brought my objections up to the man himself. Again he has always listened and either argued his position or changed his course of action. None of this beligerant, abusing person that is described. I have come to realize something. We are on the same side and Fatty is the one willing to take the dirt to keep this place running smooth and clean. If I were running it... it would be a mess. 

PDO overreacted. And while I have enjoyed having him around, am not sad to see him go after how he treated my friend. A little harmless joke and he feels the need to question his manhood, slander his marraige, and call out his hypocrisy. I just think that once PDO matures a little he will see how he acted like a ten year old with beans for brains.

Last week I was playing on the soop map under an alias with PDO. I killed him from on top of a door. He go so rude and obnoious that I almost banned him. I held back because he has been such a long time regular. Toka was there at the time and I asked him to caution PDO in regards to his conduct.

I find it hard to understand how he tees off on Fatty. Fatty and I have had our differences but he has never been offensive. What PDO wrote was uncalled for and totally "punk" like.

I stand with Fatty on this one.

Hmmm, I was gonna stay out of this. I read through it once and decided it wasn't worth getting into. Then I read Rev's post, and you know what, I totally agree. The things that pulled me into this community are the same things that fatty upholds that make you think he is such a tyranical donkey. PDO, I don't know you at all, I'll do my best to keep the personal insults out because I don't know the real person. However, your little story seems a bit flawed to me.

Aw, how cute.

How about this?

Valve is a company.  They release products.  These products cost money.

Follow so far? Good.

They released a product before it should've been released.  Plain and simple, Source was not ready for retail stores.  Say what you want, when you include a wallhack in the game and take several months to get an anti-cheat going (that still isn't working), you weren't ready.  That's not even including the countless bugs.

Still following? Awesome!

The longer they take to get this product working at an acceptable level the more people they are going to upset.  It doesn't matter what you're releasing to the public, if it's a crappy product, you're going to hear about it.  Bottom line is: this is a product that was paid for, and it having major gameplay bugs several months after release is unacceptable.

Maybe I'm too laxed, maybe I enjoy subpar gaming, I don't know, but I would think that the thousands of people who actually play the game and enjoy it(as evidence by the thousands of servers full of people out there) believe that source is "at an acceptable level." For some reason I think that you are in the minority in your thinking. Ok ok, I don't want you to think I'm a fanboy or drone, although Fatty is my master, I will agree that source isn't perfect, but I do enjoy playing. From the sound of the community here that has played with you, maybe if you would just calm down a bit and try to enjoy, your experience would be different.

If you want to continue being a fanboy and be told what to like, go right ahead.  Be a drone, see if I care.

Name calling is awesome, it's good to see someone that considers himself to be such a mature and ideal person to be stoop to something like that.  Being a hypocrite is awesome, isn't it?

Ok, hypocracy is such a fun thing to shout. You know what, I think every man is a hypocrit to some extent, I think its just mans ways. We see things that we think are stupid or wrong, but if we really examine them, maybe they are the very things we see ourselves do a wish we didn't....wow, I'm sounding like a psychology major and I'm definately not. Case in point, does anyone else find the quote above this little paragraph ironic? Someone comes in accusing anyone that actually enjoys play this god forsaken CS:Source game a fan and a drone....then in his very next breath starts getting tinkled off because he's been called a name. Ah, sorry, had to stop typing, the chuckling was making my writing illegible.

I complain about CS... wow, big deal.  I've put up with more crap in other things I take far more seriously to ever care what someones opinion about me being a "whiner" in CS is, espeacilly when that same person is a hypocrite.  If I'm such a whiner, how come I've been captain of a hockey team several years in a row.  How come I've never ONCE got an unsportsmanlike penalty?  Believe it or not, I've never even complained about a homework assignment, reguardless of how unfair others have thought it to be, it was what had to get done, so it got done.

Here again, man, I know you're a good kid at heart just by reading this blurb from your post. Not to get all phylisophical(may I also note I can't spell either) on you man, but this kinda falls in line with my previous thoughts. Look down below here at the rest of your rant. Seems to me like you called fatty what the filter determines to be an e-donkey. Maybe you have some of the same problems...face to face you're a good kid, but something about having the ability to not have to look people in the eyes when you talk like this makes YOU have "the balls" in this situation. In my eyes, if you were hurt by fatty's remarks, which I could see how you might take them wrong, but I know fatty well enough to know they were said in good fun, you use that little button at the pottom of each post that says "PM." You straight up say, "hey man, that was kinda rude don't you think, your reply to me in this thread." I'm betting fatty would have apologized, I know your jaw is on the floor right now, pick it up slowly, make sure it goes back into joint correctly. To me, that would show me you have "the balls" you speak about, instead of coming in here and trying to drag him through the mud. That would also show me the maturity and respect that you fell fatty has the lack of but that you are SO blessed with.

Speaking of hypocracy, how awesome would it be if you decided to warn/ban me for doing to you the exact same thing you just did to me?  I think that'd be showing your true colours.  Dishin it out but not taking it.. sounds about right.

I'm going to keep ranting here, it feels nice.

You know, I really thought long and hard about joining .gc.  There are some great guys in .gc, all of whom I could never hope to name, because I would almost be guarenteed to miss one of them.  A nice example would be Slims, great guy, pug with him on occasion, get along with him.  The problem is, there's a guy like you at the top.  I don't know how it happened.  It was like this group of people got together, and the big redneck took control.  You're ego never ceases to amaze me.  You don't like anyone unless they're sitting there sucking on your junk, sorry I refuse to do that for anyone, never mind someone that doesn't deserve it.  In conclusion, you can take your server and shove it.  You can take your ideals, and shove them too.  You can ban from these forums, see if I really care.  Your attitude is horrible,  and frankly I'm sick of taking pot shots from you because you're in a position of power.  Speaking of power, do you have problems at work or maybe in the bed?  You seem to be really over-compensating with all the "e-donkey" you're kicking.

I'd like to say bye to all the good people here, you know who you are.

edit: If anyone here ever wants to talk to me, my aim name is brian19king.

In closing...I'm not going to try to put words in fatty's mouth. But I would even be willing to bet, if you reconciled this, with respect and maturity, that all of this would be forgotten. I do know fatty, and he will be skeptical if you were to try, but if he knew it was heart felt, he would let by-gones be by-gones. Not that you would do that, but just my two cents on the kind of guy fatty really is.

Not to make this post too much longer. But I would like to say, even for fear that PDO might start looking for me in fatty's basement or garage, that fatty, thank you for taking the beating to making this place the place it is today. I've been around for three or four years now and I have been blessed to get to know you much better than many of these guys ever will. I enjoy what you and everyone else that stands behind the ethics of this place have created. And I'm glad to know that someone has "the balls" to kick the crap that shows up in this place in "the balls".

crap!

I got beat to the "I'm glad Fatty is there to take the heat" posts...uumm...well...then...I STILL AM!

I love the fact that I have been a part of this community for 4 years about and have seen things like this happen all the time...every time it's Fatty who takes the brunt of the hatred and Fatty who steps up and says "back down or get out"...there have been times when I chose to NOT to back him in those situations and instead back those on the "angry" side...and each time I've found myself on the wrong side.

I'll be the first to admit that Fatty can be abrasive, and doesn't use enough of that Mystic Calming Creme I try to give him...but I understand where he's coming from and I support that (why else would I pay to "be in" the .gc and not have played a game in months)...let me put it this way:

The Coalition would not exist in the way that it does without Fatty, and I don't think the Coalition would be great in any other form than what it is now. Therefore, I back Fatty and his policies.

uh...just so no one thinks I'm anywhere near his junk...

Fatty...your wife is better at Volleyball than you are. I think.

Wow. Just wow. I think that part of that post was in regards to my post about the updates and products not being released in perfect condition. But then it all goes to the big guy. The big guy who has spent his own money through out the years to keep the community going. The big guy who has worked above and beyond to organize community events. The big guy who will let regulars, like me, play cost free in one of the best run servers I have ever played in. Anyone who has played with me since Source was released knows that I was having massive choke problems. I did not get as much, if any, choke on some other servers. But the vulgarity of the language, the constant put downs, the disregard to everyone else playing was just over the edge for me. I guess I am biased after playing here for so long. But when you have stuck around since the time of Lucky Charms (If you even remember ;) ), there is a good reason for it. Fatty is not the big mean guy out to make you miserable. He is looking out for the community and keeping it positive. And I personally feel that he, and the rest of the governing body that is .gc, do an excellent job.

Now to what started this whole ordeal:

We all have problems that we encounter with EVERY product we will EVER use. As far as I know, HL2 was pretty close to perfect. I am sure there will be an update or 2 tweaking the game, but look back at how many times we all updated HL. No, Counter-Strike: Source is not perfect. Neither was CS Beta 5,6,7, version 1-1.6, and now Source. It is a work in progress. Always changing, always being modified, always being added to. Until they day they decide to dump CS and move on to something new, there will always be the occassional problem that someone runs into on a personal basis. Heck, 10 people might share the same problem. Maybe even 1,000 people. But when you are talking about a major change or something that affects, oh let's say, a 100th of the CS playing population, which do you think they are going to devote more time to and release sooner?

Show me a game with no bugs, and i'll show you a game that you have'nt played long enough to find them.

The last thing I will say about the personal crap, which Bub is right, it should never have been here, is that words and nasty posts are one thing,but trying to get in and mess with his computer and reset stuff is just wrong, and if that actually happened,well, I can't say here what that makes you.

While I haven't been part of this community as long as most, I feel that I should show my support.

I've played with many of you on the CS servers over the past year and 1/2, and in that time I feel that I've at least gotten to know some of you fairly decently. I've also gotten impressions about others. From what I've seen and heard, Fatty is a fair, fun and great guy to know and play with in cs. I've rarely heard solid complaints and have never had one myself. I have the utmost respect for what he does and how he does it. I think he's a good example of the ideal of this community and does a tremendous job!

PDO, I've only played with you on a handful of occasions so I don't feel I know you the best, but from those times I got the impression that you overreact easily. I recall one specific instance where I, myself overreacted and TK'd you intentionally quite some time ago. You started ranting in game that you would have my banned and that I was gone. Obviously that didn't happen. Despite what happened I think that was the only unpleasantness between you and me and otherwise I haven't had any complaints about you.

Your statement that you aren't a whiner because you've been caption of a sports team is irrelevant. I'd say nice job, but otherwise it has no bearing on you in this community. You can't try to justify or change how you're perceived here by what you did or do somewhere else. Really it almost sounds like you're just trying to rant off some selling points like you are in a job interview and showing off your resume.

As for your complaints about the source engine. You show me a perfect, bug-free, flawless piece of complex software, and I will personally read every single line of code. The simple fact is, every program has bugs. Expecting the software to work properly for everyone is unrealistic. I think that they released it too late, it would've been nice if we could've gotten a perfect program, but this isn't pleasentville.

However, I have to put my support behind Fatty. He's puts in a ton of work and time for this community. He is always working on supporting the servers and everyone in the community.

I'm truely sorry that you feel you've been treated unfairly; but after your posts, I can't say that I'm sorry to see you go. Good luck out there.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Not too surprised at the reactions, I've been here long enough to expect what most would say, but there are a couple things I've got to clear up...

1) Colin still lives several thousand miles away from me and I'm not lanning with him at this current time, nor have I ever. I did not at any point try to reset Fatty's password. If he did, that's his business, I had nothing to do with it.

2) In my rant, I did forget to thank .gc for the bandwith that was given to me, and for that I'm sorry; completly my bad. Thank you.

3) This is specifically for BGB; I've talked to Fatty before on aim, multiple occasions. I would've told him that the comments offended me, but the Fatty that I've talked to I would've got a much different response from. I've always gotten the vibe that I was unliked, and I'm not naive enough to ignore it, and I refuse to do that.

4) Shodan, I recall you over-reacting to my camper-esqe comment directly after that. I've always gotten along fairly well with you, but you'd be lying if you said that you weren't dishing some out as well.

5) Thanks to all who said they were sorry to see me go, it is appreciated.. but I highly doubt I'll be coming back. I knew I was going to get banned (and very much so expected to be banned from these forums as well, not that it would've made a difference with the excpetion of this post) but that doesn't mean I'm going to change my opinion. I made my decision, and I will stand by it.

6) If anyone thinks that I was just reacting to the single post, you're sorely mistaken, and once again if you wish to get more into it, either #TFR on gamesurge or brian19king on AIM, I'll also be making occasional appearances on DOH's server.

7) Thanks to everyone for the good times, there have been some good ones, and my experience here wasn't all negative. However, once you're given the opinion that you're not wanted there by various people, it does lose some of the fun, so sorry to those that will miss me, and those that wanted me gone, congratulations, you win.

8) Finally, I'm a stand up guy. If I believe in something, I will say it; and I'm sure any of you that didn't know that know that now.

I would've liked to go out with some more fire than this (ie: post above this) but I felt that those issues needed tending too.

Goliaths Disarm Their Davids

The Heretic Anthem

A Bid Farewell

Another self-proclaimed "victim" gone. Anyone catch all the "I"s in those posts? That always interests me for some reason....

Anyway, a stand up guy woulda never let a situation get to the point of the above blow-up. Don't go laying blame outward on that. Saying what you think doesn't make you a stand up guy either, just makes one a blabbermouth, or whiner, or idiot, etc. There's something more to it than that. Sticking to your guns in this situation isn't it.