pagan is leaving

pagan

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a 1L about 8 1/2 years ago at OSU. :)  Cutting out the bull is good when speaking with clients, but you're gonna hafta let it flow when speaking with opposing counsel.  :laugh:

Yeah... I use it (bs) at work allot. I have learned when it should be applied. What do you practice?

Hehee I dunno who you are but I'll give you some words of advice.  I was known around this community for a long time as a cheater/stacker/donkey etc.  But I always liked a good majority of the people cause most are extremely nice.  But some people can't handle getting beat at games and lash out, just role w/ the punches, but I can understand where constant cheating accusations and other stuff can get under your skin and cause you to lash out at people, I did it for a long time.  Anyhow I played in the top leagues in the U.S. for a while and people stopped w/ the accusations :-) .  But they did make a movie of me cheating *cough yerm0th3r cough*  And as fatty said to me on time, "maybe you have outgrown the community"

Oh btw Hi Friends.

p.s.  could I whoop this kid or what?

~Wonders how many times i've banned moss...~ :D

this thread is going to be way to long if we discuss peoples strats and why they are team players or not.

Basically say goodbye to pagan if you like and just leave it at that. So long pagan, or sad penguin, or not not pagan, maybe we will see those names in here again.

PS, Get back to work mags!

(edited)
I got on Pagan's case last night about his play.  I was up front with him.  He didn't like me speaking direct to him, so I guess off he goes.  I never asked him to leave, I only asked him to be a team player.  This community is more than about killing the most each round.

I told him his k:d was more important to him than his team winning.   I told him I was tired of watching him play his matches during pub games, being the last CT alive and not making a fun and valient attempt for the bomb, but cowering to cut a few T's down running from it.

I've commented on his play numerous times, but it came to a head last night when he switched to Terrorist after pwning as a CT...called out a big ole left rush...and then is left alives while the ENTIRE team is dead.

I shared that I really didn't care how he played, but when he baits me and the rest of the team....

Duma is correct, this is a publicity stunt, sorry to say it.  It's been done many times before around here.

Again, never asked him to leave, never even suggested it.  You can ask any GC here...I was an advocate for him.  I defended him.  But here is his reaction to my direct criticism to his pub-all-star act.

fatty, i dont want to fight with you. yes, you have defended me and showed me respect at times. your direct criticism was duely noted, but i find you passive aggressive. saying 'goodbye' is not a publicity stunt, but i regret starting off the post with harsh tones. your attacks are cheap and unwarranted.

i feel its just time for a change. everybody else, its been a pleasure. here's to the good ones, i will see you around. i'd shake your hand if i could.

Edited by pagan

Pointing out a commonly accepted fact is not an attacked.

Pointing out a commonly accepted fact dealing with an ideal that adversely affects a "community" or the feeling of "teamwork" in said community cannot and must not be classified as "unwarranted," but rather necessary.

There's obviously nothing "cheap" about anything here, the expense is obviously great because you're willing to say fairwell to everyone and everything, evenly balanced out by my opinion alone.

I think those agree with my claims against you, yet whisper them to each other, yet still appease or even tolerate you to your face do the same injustice to us all in the end. I just happen to have some inability to think one thing and do another...or at least be comfortable doing so.

Remember, there is no I in TEAM.

There is also no "U"...

There is however a "ME".

funny thing is that as I was reading this I just kept thinking of m0ss...sorry pagan but until you've taken what that man has you don't have much to complain about. You've got a long way to go before you get as much flack as he did.

:)

(edited)

Two questions:

1. Who is mOss?

2. What is vac2 (that comes out in a week)?

Edit:

Scratch the first question, I see the answer in this thread.

Edited by duma

Decided this long rant needed a disclaimer. These are my opinions and mine alone. I have no knowledge, other than what I have read in this topic, about what happened with pagan. I know from personal experience that lately I have not been able to play more than a map or 2 at most. The game just doesn't seem as fun as it once was. Maybe it has changed or maybe I have. I dunno. But without further ado...

*Open book*

It's sad and scary to see good competition chased away (due to whatever circumstances) from the community. I played with and against pagan I don't even know how many times in my short run of cs:s. Nothing really stands out in my mind about any of those times though, since it has been a while.

I will say that team stacking seems to be the scapegoat for the losing team anymore. If a team is short, say, 3 or more players, I see it as legitimate. If teams are even close to even numbers, and one team just happens to have the upper hand (be it by skill, one sided maps, luck, prayers) THAT'S HOW IT GOES! Tough luck! This is a pub server. You are not going to be able to mold all star teams every single map. There will be a new map in what, 20 minutes?

Don't be so quick to scold. Fatty said that pagan was whooping up on t's. So he switches. He calls a rush. Now, I don't know where he "cowered", but he could have had a good reason.

Scenario 1 Map: Aztec DD rush is called and one man decides to camp bridge room. Why? Because CT's will cross that bridge, or go water, and someone has to cut them off. Either that or the T's get theirs handed to them, from behind.

Getting on to someone for getting some late round kills is also... well, not too bright.

Scenario 2 Bomb is planted with 5 T's left, and one CT. T's have been winning for the last few rounds. They are loaded with cash. CT's are struggling to keep their M4s in order to even stand a chance. That one CT takes out 3-4 of those T's running away. Not only do they have to spend more of their cash to restock, he also has a chance to buy a more powerful weapon, and maybe even one for a teammate or two.

Maybe we should all take the advice we gained as children. "Look both ways before crossing the road" Such a simple statement right? Not really. That could go for a lot more than just avoiding being flattened by traffic. Look at both sides before you jump on someones case. Think about why they did that. Maybe even ask them. Engage in some conversation. You might learn their strategy, and use it to help yourself and your team. So many people are so quick to complain about everything, that the game just gets to be no fun.

*Close book and shelve for 3-4 years*

I would never bring anything to the table over one scenario, Gen J.....nor one round....nor one game....nor one day....

Nor would I let anyone say anything to Pagan that hasn't played with him at all. Nobody is making assumptions here (besides you, but you disclaimed them).

PS. As state, I've "engaged him in conversation." He can't find the inbetween of "blind rush" and "leeching/baiting."

Ahh well....I'm explaining everything to you J, but you don't even know him.

Also I have seen so many people including myself tell people they are joining the "easy team" on the map, like being a ct on aztec or prodigy. But if we dont have people join the easy team that are skilled, the "hard side" will run all over them. I have seen this many times and been part of it many times.

Arg........just realized I contridicted my last post about saying goodbye to pagan instead of talking strats, well so long again.

If you're gonna leave over something like this. Then I would suggest you rip your heart off your sleeve and put it back in your chest where it belongs. There have been people in this community who took alot worse tongue lashings then you'll ever receive. And they stuck around.

Yes, I've had my words with you. And told you what I thought about your playing. But, you see I've got to look out for the whole community. Not just one person. If you don't like me for it, then so be it. I still sleep just fine at night.

At the same time, I was willing to let by-gones be by-gones. And start you with a clean slate. And I did see some improvements. So, I'm a little surprised by this sudden "I'm taking my marbles and leaving attitude". So cya.

As far as the rest of you feeling you need to come in here and defend pagan from what others are saying. "You've said your piece. Now let the others express their thoughts. Or say their goodbyes." Pagan can defend himself if he so chooses. He is not the first and I'm sure he won't be the last to have his feelings hurt around here.

:cool:

I got on Pagan's case last night about his play.  I was up front with him.  He didn't like me speaking direct to him, so I guess off he goes.  I never asked him to leave, I only asked him to be a team player.  This community is more than about killing the most each round.

I told him his k:d was more important to him than his team winning.  I told him I was tired of watching him play his matches during pub games, being the last CT alive and not making a fun and valient attempt for the bomb, but cowering to cut a few T's down running from it.

I've commented on his play numerous times, but it came to a head last night when he switched to Terrorist after pwning as a CT...called out a big ole left rush...and then is left alives while the ENTIRE team is dead.

I shared that I really didn't care how he played, but when he baits me and the rest of the team....

Duma is correct, this is a publicity stunt, sorry to say it.  It's been done many times before around here.

Again, never asked him to leave, never even suggested it.  You can ask any GC here...I was an advocate for him.  I defended him.  But here is his reaction to my direct criticism to his pub-all-star act.

PS.  I'll share a picture too!

fattynella.jpg

Let me start by saying I have not been here long so I don't know anyone all that well. I don't want to judge, so I'll just tell you what I saw. I was there last night Fatty, and I read everything you guys were chatting about. I had plenty of time to read because I was one of the first people to charge left when Pagan asked us to do so. You were quite clear stating that what you were saying was your opinion only and not really relevant. It is childish for Pagan to have carried on this far unless he has ulterior motives. I found the entire forum interesting especially at the end when I found that one of the 11 people reading the posts was Pagan. I would tend to think that Pagan is capable of manipulating the people around him outside the game almost as easily as he does inside the game. I have been on other servers, and there is absolutely no comparison to the commitment, quality, ane cleanliness of the GC servers. Fatty & Co. you guys deserve much better than this.KUDOS.

Good luck on (fri) your future endeavers Pagan.

P.S. Beautiful little girl Fatty. You must be proud!!

P.K. :biggrin:

:cool:

Let me start by saying I have not been here long so I don't know anyone all that well. I don't want to judge, so I'll just tell you what I saw. I was there last night Fatty, and I read everything you guys were chatting about. I had plenty of time to read because I was one of the first people to charge left when Pagan asked us to do so. You were quite clear stating that what you were saying was your opinion only and not really relevant. It is childish for Pagan to have carried on this far unless he has ulterior motives. I found the entire forum interesting especially at the end when I found that one of the 11 people reading the posts was Pagan. I would tend to think that Pagan is capable of manipulating the people around him outside the game almost as easily as he does inside the game. I have been on other servers, and there is absolutely no comparison to the commitment, quality, ane cleanliness of the GC servers. Fatty & Co. you guys deserve much better than this.KUDOS.

Good luck on (fri) your future endeavers Pagan.

P.S. Beautiful little girl Fatty. You must be proud!!

P.K. :biggrin:

where is the brown nose smilie?