Admin Abuse.

As for the integrity of the community...well, we're always thinking about that, aren't we? You're always ready for these topics, aren't you DJ?  It's like you have the shark nose for GC blood.

C'mon now. Don't be paranoid. :blink2: I come to these forums maybe once every few weeks and I read the first 2-3 topics and then move on. It's not like I have some program that searches the forums for the words "fatty" and "abuse" that runs every few minutes.

I've never been one to kiss butt in these forums. It's been like that for years on end. You of all people should know that. Am I wrong sometimes? Most definitely.

Now am I saying that your community lacks integrity? Most definitely not. But I do think you should attempt to control the orifice ripping that occurs sometimes in these forums. It only leads one to start questioning the people doing the ripping.

Especially those that are new to the forums and reads the first couple of topics of that particular day.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DJ, you just had to be there. This was nothing but a campin. Nobody was approaching, etc. I'd expect you would trust my judgement in this case...again, I've been around too long to not be able to tell the difference.

I believe you. I honestly do. You HAVE seen it enough to know the difference between camping and fighting. My only point is that sometimes, as an admin, I have made mistakes in making a call about things like this. On the surface, this situation could have been one of those times. But then again, I was not there so I should really shut up about it. :blush:

I wasnt there, so i'm just using what i'v heard from the posts so far to voice an arguement supporting mHtts style of play. I've picked out a few sentances from mHtt's first post explaining things from his point of view:

....Now when they had broken through bridge, and DD I had picked a few (2) off from my spot below T spawn in the water, so I knew they knew where I was, plus I was taking m4 fire from under the bridge.....

...some of which i knew would be flanking me from behind any minute from my own spawn.....

Hes seen guys shooting at him from the water, so he retreats back to spawn expecting that they will follow him up there, whilst also trying to give himself a better position to counter an attack from a 'possible' swarm of Ts coming from the double doors.

The last thing he claims to see before retreating is the fire of the m4 from under the bridge. Obvously this CT does not follow him, but how is he to know this?

If you look at things from his point of view, he really thinks that people are coming to kill him, and therefore puts himself in a defensive positions at T spawn, which i myself would do if i thought several members of the other team were coming to get me.

So he has a strong case for his style of play, and although gc can do what ever they want, perhaps slaying was a little unfair considering his knowledge of the CTs positions. A message saying 'Get a move on' would have been more appropriate IMO.

If you look at things from his point of view, he really thinks that people are coming to kill him, and therefore puts himself in a defensive positions at T spawn, which i myself would do if i thought several members of the other team were coming to get me.

More specifically:

and therefore puts himself in a defensive positions at T spawn,

First, yes, you weren't there. You can't make a call by all this mumbo jumbo.

Second, concerning your above argument. Your client already stated that he was heading...um, give me a secon

<motions Brillow over, who then shuffles through some papers, handing one to Fatty>

Yes, it's better if I read his words to you:

As it became obvious that no one was coming from the front I proceeded to move to the spawn, and on into the DD area, and then the rest of the map.

You see, he can't be in a defensive position and doing all of this above that he was claiming to do.

But let's play that tune out. In spawn...defensive position....offensive team. Sometimes on a delay, yes. But not this time.

It hasn't been pointed out yet, but I'll do so now, thus questioning the stability of your client's thinking. Remember, he was slain in spawn. IN SPAWN. Yet, even in his own mind, you can see from above that he visualized himself in the "DD area, and then the rest of the map."

Which is it? Spawn? DD area? Rest of the map?

<looks around>

The humerous part of all this is that Jasper was playing today in the server, so he's obviously moved along. Who knows if he's even revisited this topic. I'd close it if he wanted. What's more, via HLSW, I just so happened to see Jasper getting kicked by another admin just today. I don't know the reasoning, but I sure would like to..not that it would be necessary to bring that up. I'm just curious as to why he's drawing more attention from another admin.

The defense (or are we prosecution?) rests, unless someone else would like to represent the absent Mr. Jasper aka Mhtt, or BigBones would like to make another attempt at it live from England via satelite link up.

<walks behind the camera and does bunny ears at BigBones>

Ohh, non-players don't get to whine? But I never play, and I want to whine!

:(

On another unqualified note, since I never play, I think light has been shed on this entire series of events. Too bad nobody is held accountable. The way I see it, there are only two possible "responsible parties"...Fatty and mHtt. From the pace of the discussion, I vote...

Fatty. You're responsible. For what, I don't know...I just figure I'd invoke your wrath a bit. Especially since you rest. Case closed. *gavel bang*

Edited by appalachian_fox

Sid
(edited)

Ok, I was in the server when this happened so I guess my 2 cents deserves a toss. First let me say that when it comes down to this situation I am the first to complain about having to wait for the david vs goliathe(sp?) scene to play itself out and unless a really good player is the david, it doesn't usually turn out too well.

Let me also add that if I was an admin, I would have probably done the same thing. So Fatty I guess in the end I do agree with your actions.

That being said as a preface, allow me to move foward. This is simply me playing devil's advocate so as a disclamer, DON'T TAKE THIS AS IF IT WERE MY REAL FEELINGS ON THE MATTER.

Ok, moving foward again. In the description of the server you will notice a small yet important note. "STOCK" Stock as you know means AS IS, and in this case, in this server the game is simply set into motion and nothing, NOTHING is changed there after. (Except for extreme causes for administration I.E. tking, swearing, etc.) That being said Camping is a strat, and one that the developers of the game have yet to make any action to counter-act and until they do a server advertising STOCK, as is, should not be doing anything to under mind the original restraints of the game.

My piece is done. Again not my real feelings, in fact I would like to see some more slaying to quicken the pace of the game I.E. slay all the noobs at spawn and the the leet players shoot it out. But like I said just proposing some facts in a new light, do with it what you will.

p.s. Fatty is the man :hug::wub2:

Edited by Sid

Stock has to do with the server settings, not anything that goes on within the game.

Please note the best example of this:

Go into any other server and observe the game, the communication, the manners, the language, the tone, etc.

You also see the advertisements that we EXPECT teamwork.

Camping as a strat (aka delaying, waiting, etc) is one thing. Without digressing, this was not a strat.

Stock does NOT mean "Nothing is changed there after." We change lots!

PS. Speaking of change, can we change your forum name to Bane so people know who the heck you are or something? Or maybe Z since you were playing ninja alias during that game?

Sid
(edited)

But I like my forum name :( and I also like my ninfa ways :zombie: .

but like I said fatty, I 100% agree with your actions, just like to argue

Edited by Sid

I've been up since oh 4:30 (mama needs her sleep...so I put the baby in the heisman and do my thing around the house)...time for church now.

BTW, the stock thing....gravity isn't stock, but you didn't hear it from me.

That was just a way to set it apart from "scopeless".

With a minute left you shouldnt have been camping spawn. I would've have done the same as fatty in that situation. Its a pub you have 20 something people watching you camp spawn=no fun. Next time kill or get killed trying to complete the objective and get the round over with. If there is only 30 seconds left and there is no way possible to plant go pick off a few but hiding on the ledge waiting for people to run by you with over a minute left is very Lame.

This topic was off base for admin abuse it shouldve been.

MHtt you should've just blew it off especially when your camping spawn.

Spawn campers are shown no mercy bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't there, so I won't comment on the incident. However, the initial post seemed to have a description of the events and a polite tone. The responses from GC seemed ... flippant. Your server your rules. Is cool. I like the server, the people who play, and the competition level. I just wish this incident had been treated with more discussion and less button pushing. shaddup, you're a joke, and egging someone on to produce supporters seems out of character to me for a server that, I feel, tries to promote respecting others. I honestly try very hard be a better person when playing on GC (not always successful, I know, but I do try very hard). I hope everyone, player and gc member included, is trying to do the same.