Gonna take back my garage!

MrDuke

Ok,

One day a couple of months ago, my wife said a bird keeps flying into our garage, sits on the tracks and makes a mess underneath.

The bird is a pigeon and I think it's a homing pigeon because he's got some type of assembly on one of his legs.

I chased him out of the garage thinking he was just trapped in there. It didn't work. Bird 1, Duke 0.

I thought I was smart and I diligently kept the garage doors closed for about 2 weeks. As soon as I left the door open longer than 30 minutes, *poof*, there's the bird. Bird 2, Duke 0.

I tried beating it with the closest thing I could find, a shovel. Bird 3, Duke 0, metal track -1, shovel -1.

Grr.

I borrowed Fatty's BB gun and we'll see who wins the next round. Pics and video to follow...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

LOL! I am in war with a bird too!

This bird keeps trying to make a nest in my grill, and in the meantime, is making a mess all over the deck. So, round one begins:

1. I toss the beginning of nest from the grill - and burn the grill for an hour. Bird came back the very next day. Bird 1 duma 0

2. I repeat number one, but this time I make sure that the cover is replaced. The bird goes under the cover, and makes a nest. Bird 2 duma 0.

3. I talk to my mom, who tells me in would be a good idea to get a rubber snake and place it near the grill. That works for about a day, and than the bird makes a nest. B 3 - D 0

4. I now scream like a crazy person shooting water out of our kitchen sprayer whenever the bird lands on the deck. Bird just waits for me to leave Bird 4, duma 0.

5. My routine every day - until nesting is over - open grill, remove nesting stuff (I still dont know how the bird can get under the cover, hop up to a small whole, and make a nest), and BURN. My next step, after finals, is to sit on the deck with a bbgun.

Dogs>cats>birds.

Edited by duma

I once had a bird in the garage, I closed the door, revved the engine for about 4-6 minutes then went inside, the next day he was dead :crazy:

btw this is true, I guess I was really mean to animals back in the day.

That was my first suggestion to Duke. :P

Those sabot pellets will damage that thing.....but you gotta go for a headshot. Hitting the body will be to easy and it'll involve too much suffering.

One shot, one kill, duke. Git er done.

LOL sorry fellas...this thread has me laughin.

I don't think it is a homing pigeon. It might be tagged. And shooting a tagged bird is illegal. I would call the game warden about that bird.

Don't want to see the bird winning while watching you go to jail..LOL

LOL sorry fellas...this thread has me laughin.

I don't think it is a homing pigeon.  It might be tagged.  And shooting a tagged bird is illegal.  I would call the game warden about that bird.

Don't want to see the bird winning while watching you go to jail..LOL

Oh that's just great Shazz, ruin my war. Who the heck tags a pigeon?!?! What purpose could that possibly serve? I like the car idea...

How do you dispose of a tagged pigeon, anyway?

ROFL... I am very sorry Duke!!

I might have been a little strong on that last post. What people don't know...won't hurt em. I guess...right??

By the way...what is this thread about?? My memory is fadding...can't...seem...to...remember...anything...anymore... :zombie:

Hahaha, this is a very amusing post!

If someone wanted the pigeon so bad, they'd be looking for it.

And 2ndly... if the pigeon flew away and now lives in ur garage... obviously it doesnt want to go back to it's owner.. if it has one.

This may sound mean but, if it's a problem to you, get rid of it how u want (take pics) your not going to kill the last one on Earth.

pump shottie time :D

I offered it.

Then I offered the .22

Slingslot would have been fun.

He settled on the pellet gun.

Ok, shoot bird.

Post up that you haven't seen it.

Make new topic in private forums with pics and vid. Might create a quick rush of GC applicants. We could post up a "teaser" out here, perhaps with Duke fuzzed out, or the part right up to the shot.....then MEMBERS ONLY comes on the screen.

<With Mission Impossible music playing>

In the wee hours of the morning, I left home and drove 1/2 mile into the woods and then army crawled back to my garage to scout my prey.

He wasn't there...Hmmm...quite the crafty bird.

I crawled back to my car slowly and quietly, realizing in mid-crawl that I forgot to leave the door open for him to get in...curses!!!! :angry:

Lunk's comments have me worried about what happens if I miss. I must label it as collateral damage and it is perfectly acceptable...so long as the wife doesn't see it. :nono:

I might just have to hire an avian assassin.

No listing in the Yellow pages for avian assassins...curses!!!!!! :angry:

(That's a hint for you local hunting types)

More to follow...