pet pics

shep48

GC Alumni
(edited)

Well the daughter is about 10 pounds heavier...

The mother is one lean, mean, hunting machine! My brother used to take her out pheasent and duck hunting. Hopefully she'll be ok here soon, the mail man sort've ran her over last weekend (not sure if it was accidentally or ...).

She unfortunately had a fracture in one hind leg and the hip was badly dislocated. The vet thinks she'll be ok but it'll be awhile before she's back to full health. Such a great dog too, smartest dog I've ever seen. I know that lots of poeple say that, but she is just plain smart. The daughter on the otherhand isn't quite up to her level ;) Still we love those 2.

Edited by Ice_Berge_00

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful dog Chewy. Those dogs are so nice and loyal. Had a friend when I was young that had a German Shepherd that was a retired police dog. Nicest dog until you gave her the "sick 'em" command. :D She still wouldn't full force bite, but she would nip at your ankles and legs enough that you couldn't get away, even on a bicycle. :freak:

Sad to see so many states passing "Breed specific" Bans. There are states where they will come and destroy your pitbull, rottweiler, or whatever breed that they have labeled as dangerous if you can't find someone in another state to take them. The list includes dogs like Great Danes and Mastiffs. Yes they are big dogs, but everyone of them that I have ever met have been gentle giants. Heck, I have had dogs all of my life. I have had a Siberian Husky, 2 Wire hair Fox Terriers, a Schnauzer, and a Lab/Retriever/Chow mix. My cat (Pictured above) has bit me more times in the 7 months that I have had him than all of those dogs combined.

Hey, after they get done banning everything that might be trained to bite someone at some point in time (every animal in the world), maybe we can start shooting people that aren't wearing their seatbelt! I guess that's another political topic that I shouldn't get started on... At any rate, help stop the breed specific laws! :wacko::dry:

bah makes me want a dog.....but dont' have space or money for one now. Grew up a cat person (still kinda am) had a few cats growing up.

As for breed bans...the only breed i've ever had a prob with was chows...one of them bit off my sisters top lip. (don't worry they put it back on) granted she was trying to tie a bonnet on it's head..but still.

one of my nieces wasattacked by a blind great dane when she walked up and tried to climb on it's back. She was mauled bad and had 4 plastic surgeries but looks ok now.

Not a breed problem because danes are one of the top 10 family dogs

(edited)

Here are some pictures of my current puppy, Abby (she was about 4 months old in the pics but is now 9 months old)(click the thumbnails for MUCH bigger pics):

IMG_1373_t.JPGIMG_1378_t.JPGIMG_1372_t.JPGIMG_1381_t.JPGIMG_1382_t.JPG

And here are some pics and a vid of my old cats Azriel and Buttons (I had to give them up in 2002 when I moved to a place that didn't allow pets):

azriel01.jpg

azriel02.jpg

buttons01.jpg

buttons02.jpg

And a short video of the cats:

http://www.vi4l.com/dweezil/cs/Azriel-and-Buttons.zip

Edited by dwEEziL

Which is untrustworthy?  Any dog is only as good as it has been trained and loved.  but no kid should be around pitbulls

Pitbulls are untrustworthy, IMO. True, training has a lot to do with it, but most pit bulls are bred to be fighters. Too many children killed recently by pit bulls around here when the parents weren't watching. It's breeds like dobermans that get a bad wrap and are most of the time harmless, like my doby.

My sister's finace' had a doberman. Very loyal dog, he love it and that dog love him.

Unfortunately they are also territorial and protective. They had to put him down after he had bitten a few different people. None were serious injuries fortunately but unfortunately they couldn't get him to stop.

Usually he'd only bite if he through someone was going to try and enter their house before my sister or her fiance'. He even bit some people that he'd been around a long time for that.

Now they got a miniture doberman (smaller than a cat!) and a huge Black Schnowzer (sp)