Well...I Finally Bought one!!

Shazz

After about 2 months of searching, I found what I wanted and Bought it!

Thanks to the great reviews from shep and others about Newegg.com. I shopped there this morning and am waiting for my package to arrive.

As many of you know I have been looking for a LCD monitor that will work for gaming. I was looking at the Samsung 915n-BK for sometime but didn't like the fact that it was analog only. However, I do believe that the Samsung is a great monitor.

But, I went with the HYUNDAI L90D+. I was a little nervous about buying this name brand because I havent heard much about it. So Ice Berge helped me with the research and WALLLA!! I got it.

Toms Hardware review

Newegg.com Reviews...the user reviews scored Great on this

Soooo here is the monitor I bought! I will let you fellas know more about it if you would like. I feel like a kid waiting at the front door for a christmas present.

Hyundai L90D+ linkola! newegg.com

Shazzzzzzzzzzz

what are you switching from?  good luck.  i am really interested in this cause i shied away from an lcd when i just bought my new(refurbed) 21inch crt.

not trying to knock your new LCD, it looks awesome and I wouldnt mind one myself, but I would take that 21 inch CRT anyday over an LCD. I used to have a 21 CRT that I sold simply because it was ginormous and went back to my wee little 19 in flat crt. Its so much fun playing on a huge clear screen like that.

I am using a 20 inch Trinitron Flat screen CRT. I love this thing...great monitor.

I just wanted a little more desk space and something easy on my eyes.

Plus, I am going to run both monitors anyway. Going to see how well I can run hlsw on one monitor and play CS on the other.

I am going to run CS on the LCD and see how good it goes. IF not...I always have the nice CRT.

I will let you fellas know about it!

I am using a 20 inch Trinitron Flat screen CRT.  I love this thing...great monitor.

I just wanted a little more desk space and something easy on my eyes.

Plus, I am going to run both monitors anyway.  Going to see how well I can run hlsw on one monitor and play CS on the other.

I am going to run CS on the LCD and see how good it goes.  IF not...I always have the nice CRT. 

I will let you fellas know about it!

I have a NEC 21" CRT and was looking at that same LCD you purchased for lan party's and CS. I bought the 21" for Flight sims and its almost too big for cs (too much eye movement). Let me know how it works out.

(edited)

pls add me to the list of guys who wanna know how it will work for you shazzz.

I'm also one of those guys who don't yet believe in LCD technology.

I work in the labs at my universities and I see that LCD are far inferior to CRTs, but of course we don't use them for gaming that's why it is actually much better having them to save space.

Edit: Shep, I don't understand why that monitor you posted a link of NEC FE2111SB-BK can be so cheap. Is it a refurb item? On newegg it costs like $200 more!!!

Edited by Vovik

shazzz, as i said i'm running at 100Hz so crt is fine on my eyes. maybe your refresh wasn't set right. btw, another tip. with an lcd you definately want vsync on in game.

shazzz, as i said i'm running at 100Hz so crt is fine on my eyes.  maybe your refresh wasn't set right.  btw, another tip.  with an lcd you definately want vsync on in game.

How do you turn the vsync on? Never messed with this function before.

Sweet Clue! You told me how much you liked your monitor...I guess brilliant minds think alike..lol :stretch:

I work in the labs at my universities and I see that LCD are far inferior to CRTs, but of course we don't use them for gaming that's why it is actually much better having them to save space.

I disagree vovik, the LCD's these days can be just as good as CRTs, but you sometimes have to pay much more for them.

This one was an awesome deal and it should be as good as or better than most CRTs I'd say.

lcds can't touch crts yet. almost every review SPECIFICALLY states this fact.

shazzz, vsync is in the video options, advanced in cs:s. you want to enable "wait for vertical sync".

I bought the Hyundai 17" L72S a week ago and have been playing cs with it since...I still can't believe how nice it is...for one thing its really bright...i have the monitors brightness set at 0 and it looks great...now if I only had something better than a ati 9200 i could pump the 1280x1024 (LCD) without it slowing down a little...

All in all I've talked to many people about these Hyundai LCDs and everyone loves em...especially for the price :boing:

Dear Shazzz,

This letter is to inform you we are in the process of updating teh customers record's to better serve you.

Would you be so kind as to inform our support department of your street address, location of your new monitor, and hours your house is unmonitored?

This demographic information will remain private.

Yours,

Newegg.

Lies all Lies......<hides haxz in desk drawer>

By the way!!! I got my new monitor today!! WOOT. Will let you know more!! As of now... it looks sweeeet! I have the resolution set at 1280x1024. Is that too high? That was the recommended res. I can nearly see the whole post, LOL.

OK...I played CS with this monitor. It is very nice, and works great! however...to me it is kindof dark. I couldn't believe my FPS though...nice! But in dark corners beside a crate or the same, I can barely make out a CT and just see the T's Pants.

Any tips?

One thing that is nice...is running hlsw on a second monitor. Both programs on the same computer.

Mines very bright, i have no trouble. The resolution your using is fine, thats what mine is set at. If you have it plugged in via DVI, the refresh rate maxes out at 60hz, so you will have to disable vsync to go higher than 60 fps, but I cap mine at 70 anyways since anymore is kind of a waste. If you disable vsync, and run super high frames, you may get a bit of tearing, but like I said, more than 70 isnt really needed.